Unity Community

Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121
Results 2,401 to 2,413 of 2413

1. Posts
    Eric. Thanks. Using the Sprint/Default shader and setting the sortingLayer information on the VectorLine worked perfectly!

2. Posts
    I'm using Vectrosity to be able to sketch on screen, but am having troubles getting it to work with a "Second Screen" situation. I'm using the Display.displays[1].SetRenderingResolution(1280,720); mechanism to push some things to a second screen that can't be see on the user's iPad. But I want the user to be able to draw on the iPad, and ALSO be able to see those drawings on the second screen.

Currently, I can see the drawing on the iPad, but not the seond screen (via airplay). Any tips?

3. Volunteer Moderator
    I don't have a way of using Airplay so I'm not sure I can advise effectively, but I would guess maybe SetCamera would be involved?

--Eric
    SpriteTile: new tile system that works seamlessly with Unity 4.3 sprites
    FlyingText3D: dynamic 3D text with TTF fonts | Vectrosity: fast & easy line drawing
    Nifty utilities! Stitch terrains together - runtime model importing - file browser - fractal landscapes

4. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5h5 View Post
    Redrawing the line once per minute is pretty much nothing, surely? Seeing as how Draw is designed to be called every frame if necessary.

--Eric
    Oops, did I say minute? I meant second. And it's for mobile, so I guess I'm a little anal when it comes to draw calls. But so far so good, no impact.

And don't call me Shirley!

5. Volunteer Moderator
    Sorry about that...I'll call you Tiffany instead.

--Eric
    FlyingText3D: dynamic 3D text with TTF fonts | Vectrosity: fast & easy line drawing
    Nifty utilities! Stitch terrains together - runtime model importing - file browser - fractal landscapes

6. Location
    bln
    Quote Originally Posted by ichini View Post
    Hi,
    just playing around with Unity 4's Blend Shapes. Wondering if there's a way to make these mesh deforms work with Vectrosity?
    Ok, i've read up a little on Blend Shapes. Since there seems to be no way to get the position of vertices in a deformed mesh, what I'm asking (dynamically 'vectorizing' a deformed mesh) is pretty much ruled out, right?

7. Volunteer Moderator
    If you tried BakeMesh and that didn't work, then indeed it wouldn't be possible.

--Eric

8. Posts
    We have a game where we want user to draw path for the player so as far as drawing the path is concern, its working perfectly with Vectrosity but drawing the lines with collision is not working properly as collision getting created are not proper. here are couple of screen shots of what type of collision is getting generated. I am using DrawlineTouch demo scene

Please let me know what I am doing wrongName:  CollisionProblem1.PNG
Views: 93
Size:  1.9 KBName:  CollisionProblem2.PNG
Views: 93
Size:  2.0 KB

9. Volunteer Moderator
    I covered that on the previous page actually.

--Eroc

10. Posts
    Hi together,

I have a problem with 2D-lines and their automatically created colliders. If I alter the VectorCamera (orthograhic=true, orthographic size and transform.position) and I call .Draw on a VectorLine, it draws the Line correctly, but the collider of the line is not where it should be. It seems, that the collider ignores the changes on the VectorCamera.

I hope someone can help me to understand this!
    TIA, Boron

11. Volunteer Moderator
    You shouldn't manually alter the VectorCamera's position; it will break Vectrosity.

--Eric

12. Posts
    Hi,

I'm doing some tests with Vectrosity this days. I have a scene that has a 2dtoolkit camera (it is a script that wraps the built-in unity camera and sets it up based on values like how much pixels per meter, etc...).

Well, right now I have configured the camera to have 1 pixel = 1 meter. The problem I am facing is that I am building a grid with vectrosity lines and in scene view they show correctly (I have a grid of sprites and all lines delimiter the sprites correctly) but it doesn't show right in game view. My screen is configured to 640x960 and it seems I can just draw a line of 0-630 pixels of width. Same happens for height but haven't test it how much pixels can I draw vertically but I'm sure it is less than 960.

I'm drawing the lines with SetLine but have drawn a Rect with the same results. Here the images:

Scene View:
    Name:  sceneview.PNG
Views: 9
Size:  159.6 KB

Game View:
    Name:  gameview.PNG
Views: 10
Size:  173.9 KB

I think showing the code used for the rect will be enough to see it is not a problem in code:

Code:  
    1. Vector3[] v=new Vector3[8];
    2. VectorLine vl = new VectorLine ("",v,Color.white,material,1);
    3. vl.MakeRect(new Rect(0,959,640,960));
    4. vl.Draw ();

As you may notice in scene view the grid perfectly fit the ball sprites but in game view it doesn't. I'm using last version on asset store.

So, do you have any idea why this is happening?. I have spent 2 whole days without luck :/.

P.D: I have been trying with a directly with a built-in camera. I have set Projection to orthographic and size to 480 (960/2). I have set the resolution in game view at 640x960 and rect is not covering all screen :/. Sure I'm missing something really basic.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by hexdump; 4 Hours Ago at 07:25 AM.

13. Volunteer Moderator
    Are you sure the game view is actually 640x960, and not scaled down? Other than that, it would depend on how the camera is set up and where the lines are positioned. I'm not sure that using Vector3 is the best idea here. You can see using Vector2 instead of Vector3 that a 640x960 rect will cover the entire screen.

--Eric