Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Asset Server - Ignore File Types

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by littlemuggo, May 10, 2010.

1. littlemuggo

littlemuggo

I've been searching the forums like a mad-man but unable to find any references or information for ignoring file types within Unity's Asset Server.

So - is there a way to ignore specific file types or folders within the Asset Server so the assets are not imported into the project?

Example:
    • Specific Folder Name or Folder
      FMV videos
      Concept Art
      Original PSD Files
      Source Audio Files
      Animation Scenes for FMV videos
      Etc..etc...
    Thanks!

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

You can't find information because there aren't any as the feature does not exist.

all supported asset types that are added to the project are syncronized, no exception.

3. littlemuggo

littlemuggo

Thanks for the quick reply!

4. NERVAGON

NERVAGON

Hi. I tried to get around this by creating a "Source Art" folder at the project root, and it does get ignored by the editor, but unfortunately Unity Asset Server ignores it too, which is really too bad.

5. NERVAGON

NERVAGON

As a possible work-around, we would like to store our source art files within the project, preferably at the project root, outside the assets folder, and have this directory synced by Unity Asset Server, yet remain invisible to the editor. Is it possible to have Asset Server sync folders in the project root?

6. Dreamora

Dreamora

I don't think so.

The asset server is bound to the unity project you use and will sync the project and all relation ships from the uuids etc.

its also required that it does so cause thats the very base that enables your developers without max installed to use max models added by the modeller and then synced to the asset server for example