Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Script Reference Lookups

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by GoldFire33, Mar 31, 2010.

1. GoldFire33

GoldFire33

I don't know if this will be of much use to most of you, but I'm new to Unity and don't know all of the specific classes or functions yet, so I thought I'd help simplify things for myself by making the script reference lookup a little quicker/easier (inspired by the method used by php.net).

This is just something I made for myself, but I figured some of the newer people to Unity might be able to get some value out of it, so I'm sharing.

To use it, simply type into your address bar: http://un3d.net/ + className and you'll be redirected to the script reference page on unity3d.com or given a list of matching classes/functions if you don't enter the exact name.

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

Nice nice :)

Alternatively if you are in the script editor (at least on windows), move the mouse over a command and press F1 and the script reference for said command will be opened :)

3. GoldFire33

GoldFire33

Good to know, I'll have to look it up for OS X. Although for me, I have this same functionality in my PHP editor, but I've just gotten used to using the website, so the $5 for the domain was well worth the time savings for me personally at least :)

4. erix

erix

This is awesome. Saves me a lot of time.
    Good work.

5. GoldFire33

GoldFire33

Glad someone else can benefit from it :)