Unity Community

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

1. Posts
    I could not find any other bugs. Clean and stable! Now let's just wait for the new features.

Seriously, guys, amazing contribution!

2. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davew175
    The weapons package has custom editors defined in the editors folder. If you add variables you'll also need to add them to the associated editor script.

Also, there's a Boolean that controls whether a gun is active. I'm not at a computer now but will respond later today with details.
    Thanks for that ....was not aware, will have a look today and report back, any other info you might be able to provide is greatly appreciated. I will of course post anything I do manage o get working so you guys can implement it, if you should so wish! Just got to say it again 10 out of 10 ...not finding any bugs in this release

Cheers,
    Jiff

3. Posts
    I just downloaded the package and made a test scene, but I'm having some problems. The guns are going inside of the walls and the muzzle flash is showing up overtop of the gun.

Did I miss a step? All I did was drag the Player prefab into the scene, and add one of the guns that came with the package into the default weapon's AimObject. Any time I hit into a wall, though, the gun passes right through.

Any ideas? Thanks!

4. Posts
    I figured it out. I didn't add the gun to the WeaponCamera's layer.

Nice job by the way!

5. Location
    Connecticut
    I just wanted to post that I've just gotten back from Europe and will start working on a new update immediately to try putting in some of the suggestions (as well as some custom editor cleanup to make it easier to modify the scripts).
    -Jason

Check out the FPS Constructor on the Asset Store! It makes creating an FPS in Unity easy! Now on iOS and Android, so your mobile FPS can get a head start!

Follow us on
    -Twitter
    -YouTube

6. Posts
    First of all, thank you so much for providing this package, you cannot imagine how helpful it is.

I did have a quick question though, is there a way to disable weapon sway when aiming down the sights?

7. Location
    Iran - Karaj
    Hi men, good work i use it for my game...
    i read FPSWalkerDB and i dont understand some line of this script :

Code:  
    1. 1- if(mainCamera.transform.localPosition.y + (crouchDeltaHeight*Time.deltaTime*8) > standardCamHeight)
    2. 2-  var flags = controller.Move(moveDirection * Time.deltaTime);    grounded = (flags & CollisionFlags.CollidedBelow) != 0;
    can u help me !?
    i scream , you scream , we scream , FOR ICE CREAM

8. Location
    Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by alimolavi

Code:  
    1. 1- if(mainCamera.transform.localPosition.y + (crouchDeltaHeight*Time.deltaTime*8) > standardCamHeight)
    2. 2-  var flags = controller.Move(moveDirection * Time.deltaTime);    grounded = (flags & CollisionFlags.CollidedBelow) != 0;
    can u help me !?
    Well #1 is when the player is standing back up from crouching. While you stand back up it moves the camera upwards every frame until it hits its target (standardCamHeight). That line is saying that if we are going to add too much this frame (and pass our target) we'll just move to the target position instead.
    Code:  
    1. //are we going to pass our target this frame?
    2. if(mainCamera.transform.localPosition.y + (crouchDeltaHeight*Time.deltaTime*8) > standardCamHeight){
    3.         //if we are, just move to the target immediately
    4.     mainCamera.transform.localPosition.y = standardCamHeight;
    5. } else {
    6.         //if not, just move towards the target
    7.     mainCamera.transform.localPosition.y += crouchDeltaHeight*Time.deltaTime*8;
    8. }

#2 is actually from the original FPSWalker script (so I didn't write it) but it appears to be here the script checks whether or not the player is touching the ground.
    I hope this helps!

Also I'm working on a way to disable (or change the speed of) weapon sway while aiming, but its being pretty stubborn.
    -Jason

Check out the FPS Constructor on the Asset Store! It makes creating an FPS in Unity easy! Now on iOS and Android, so your mobile FPS can get a head start!

Follow us on
    -Twitter
    -YouTube

9. Posts

Movies

Hi
    I can't seem to get the tutorial movies to play. Do you have any idea why this is? When I click on the link, it just seems to load forever. Is there another way I could get these vids? I really like what you have done, thank you for the great addition to Unity.
    [edit]
    I figured out that I could just right click the link and "save target as" to get the file. Now I can watch at leisure.
    Thanks!

10. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason@DastardlyBanana
    Quote Originally Posted by alimolavi

Code:  
    can u help me !?
    Well #1 is when the player is standing back up from crouching. While you stand back up it moves the camera upwards every frame until it hits its target (standardCamHeight). That line is saying that if we are going to add too much this frame (and pass our target) we'll just move to the target position instead.
    Code:  
    1. //are we going to pass our target this frame?
    2. if(mainCamera.transform.localPosition.y + (crouchDeltaHeight*Time.deltaTime*8) > standardCamHeight){
    3.         //if we are, just move to the target immediately
    4.     mainCamera.transform.localPosition.y = standardCamHeight;
    5. } else {
    6.         //if not, just move towards the target
    7.     mainCamera.transform.localPosition.y += crouchDeltaHeight*Time.deltaTime*8;
    8. }

#2 is actually from the original FPSWalker script (so I didn't write it) but it appears to be here the script checks whether or not the player is touching the ground.
    I hope this helps!

Also I'm working on a way to disable (or change the speed of) weapon sway while aiming, but its being pretty stubborn.
    No problem, if I figure anything out (highly unlikely), I'll let you know!

11. Location
    Earth
    Hey Mr.Banana,

Nice work on the kit, man. It rocks!

Also - thanks so much for the mention on the radar. I really appreciate it

Cheers!
    Jeff.

12. Location
    Argentina
    Just thought about a nice addition, what about the possibility of changing the crosshair color when you aim at enemies or friends?

13. Posts
    Hey
    I have a couple of questions and hope Banana or someone could help me out. I managed to get my gun model in the game and it fires and reloads fine, however, I get a "deselectWeapon has no reciever" error. Anyone have any idea what I need to do to fix this?
    Also, I am having trouble with the zoom feature. I have tried both downsight (after setting zoom gun position), and scope texture zoom, but can't seem to get them to work. I have set the input fire2 to mouse 1, and it works in the demo, but in the tutorial, I can't get it to work. Any ideas?
    Thanks

14. Location
    Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardious
    Hey
    I have a couple of questions and hope Banana or someone could help me out. I managed to get my gun model in the game and it fires and reloads fine, however, I get a "deselectWeapon has no reciever" error. Anyone have any idea what I need to do to fix this?
    Also, I am having trouble with the zoom feature. I have tried both downsight (after setting zoom gun position), and scope texture zoom, but can't seem to get them to work. I have set the input fire2 to mouse 1, and it works in the demo, but in the tutorial, I can't get it to work. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    I would suggest opening the Demo scene and seeing if that works properly. If it does, then just find what's different between the demo weapons and yours. "deselectWeapon has no reciever" sounds like an issue with playerWeapons, so make sure that your weapons are dragged into the "weapons" slot of that script.
    Also what specifically goes wrong with the zoom?

I hope this helped
    -Jason

Follow us on
    -Twitter
    -YouTube

15. Posts
    Hey Banana
    Thanks for taking the time to help. I went over the demo and now the gun works great! Not really sure what the problem was, but everything works now. I just have to figure out how to make it "pickupable". Seems pretty tricky, but I will try.

16. Posts
    Just a couple pics of the weapon package in action. I managed to make my first weapon "Pickupable".

17. Location
    Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardious
    Just a couple pics of the weapon package in action. I managed to make my first weapon "Pickupable".
    Those look great! (The weapon model is really professional looking). I'm glad you were able to get the pickup working (I'm going to post a tutorial once I have a little more time on my hands).
    -Jason

Follow us on
    -Twitter
    -YouTube

18. Location
    Earth

19. Location
    Earth

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast