Unity Community

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by coin-god View Post
    Hey Jason, are you gonna add support for Unity 3 in the next update?

Because when I upgraded my project I got some bugs with the Kit.
    We'll be testing the package thoroughly in Unity 3, and we'll release a update to make it fully compatible as soon as possible.
    -Jason

Check out the FPS Constructor on the Asset Store! It makes creating an FPS in Unity easy! Now on iOS and Android, so your mobile FPS can get a head start!

Follow us on
    -Twitter
    -YouTube

2. Location
    Argentina
    Sounds great Jason. I fixed one of the bugs, the box colider of the Player interfieres with his movement. I just made a bit smaller and now it moves fine. But when it jumps it still shakes a bit.

Can't remember any other bug so far.

3. Location
    Connecticut
    After some testing I've uploaded an updated version. The only apparent issue was the box collider, so I got rid of it (It wasn't even necessary to begin with; I'm not sure how it lasted this long without being cut). I'll keep doing some tests but it seems like the package is now fully Unity 3 compatible...

I'm actually pretty surprised that there's only been one issue in the transition to 3 (which was already a bug in 2.6, it turns out). It definitely didn't work this smoothly in the Beta.
    -Jason

Check out the FPS Constructor on the Asset Store! It makes creating an FPS in Unity easy! Now on iOS and Android, so your mobile FPS can get a head start!

Follow us on
    -Twitter
    -YouTube

4. Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason@DastardlyBanana View Post
    After some testing I've uploaded an updated version.
    Do you have a link where we can download this update?

5. Location
    Connecticut
    It's just a new version of the package, so just go to the FPS Constructor page and re-download the package.

As with all of the previous updates applying this update will reset any changes you have made to weapons package scripts, so be sure to back up any o the scripts that you may have changed
    -Jason

Follow us on
    -Twitter
    -YouTube

6. Posts
    not bad! Suggest you to actually put videos to youtube, you will be more popular than tornado twins

7. Location
    Connecticut
    @Nikolay Thanks! We're actually looking into putting them on Youtube, we just need to make sure that you can still make out the text and stuff.

Also on a small side note, we're fast approaching 1,000 unique downloads of the 0.95 version of the package (Just since we started recording the downloads in august)!
    -Jason

Follow us on
    -Twitter
    -YouTube

8. Location
    Missouri
    When will you have the enemy AI download available on your site?

BTW congrats on 1000 downloads!

9. Location
    Argentina
    Felt like showing a few screenshots from my game:

The rifle is a Gewehr 1898. Modeled, textured and animated by me. Other guns are still WIP.

Characters and map also made by me. (Except the Soldier Head, its just for testing)

I used to have a hud, but removed it because I had to constantly edit it when you made Updates :P
    Ill put it back soon.

10. Location
    Portland, Or.
    None of the models load from this package on windows. it's asking for cheetah to be installed.

11. Location
    Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by grfxman View Post
    None of the models load from this package on windows. it's asking for cheetah to be installed.
    Does it just give an error, or are there models actually missing from the scene? Even if you don't have cheetah they should still work in Unity. As far as making them load-able in modeling programs in windows I'm planning on exporting them into a more windows-friendly format, although various issues are making that harder than it should be.

Also @coin-god that looks really good!
    Last edited by Jason@DastardlyBanana; 10-16-2010 at 05:42 AM.
    -Jason

Follow us on
    -Twitter
    -YouTube

12. Location
    Portland, Or.
    There actually missing from the scene and the project. The mesh nodes are non-existent after the error I posted above.

13. Location
    Portland, Or.
    The problem seems to be that I am using Unity 2.61 still. It opens on my version 3 and shows some of the meshes.
    Last edited by grfxman; 10-17-2010 at 09:15 AM.

14. Posts
    this is awesome. Dastardly Banana Producions is easily getting credit in my game.
    Teh Noobz

15. Location
    Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by grfxman View Post
    The problem seems to be that I am using Unity 2.61 still. It opens on my version 3 and shows some of the meshes.
    Using Unity 2.6 shouldn't cause that issue. There was only one change to make the package 3.0 compatible and it doesn't affect the 3d assets in any way. Which models don't appear?
    -Jason

Follow us on
    -Twitter
    -YouTube

16. Location
    Venezuela
    Wow so cool thanks !
    ill download it right now

17. Location
    Portland, Or.
    There are No meshes at all when I import into Unity 2.61. Not even the targets show up in the demo scene. In 3.0 the rocket launcher and several rifles are missing.

18. Location
    Portland, Or.
    This may be a .fbx version issue actually. I've noticed issues with FBX 2011 and Unity 2.61. I just redownloaded the package in hopes that is was a corrupt download, but no dice.

Still tells me Unity Windows can't accept .jas meshes.

19. Posts
    Some nice code here, and clearly a lot of effort has gone into the system. Nice work.

Obviously the included weapons are just examples, but holy crap... swapping weapons increases the triangle count by over 100k in some cases.

20. Location
    USA
    @grfxman

Are you Importing the package into your scene? Or are you importing the assets seperately?

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast