Unity Community

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

1. Posts
    Great update just wondering if their was any ETA on the shop ?

2. Location
    Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevanman
    Great update just wondering if their was any ETA on the shop ?
    Hopefully soon. We've been very close to getting it up for about a week now, but we've been sidetracked by other things (some of which are cool things to put in the store).
    -Jason

Check out the FPS Constructor on the Asset Store! It makes creating an FPS in Unity easy! Now on iOS and Android, so your mobile FPS can get a head start!

Follow us on
    -Twitter
    -YouTube

3. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason@DastardlyBanana
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper2259
    just a quick question how could i make it so when you press tab to pick up a weapon it then gets deleted in the scene so the people can not pick it up again or see it(if you get what i mean) and also i was thinking it could be a good idea to add a feature that if the person who is making the game decides they want it so that when the player picks up a weapon it replaces the one they have in their hand already(if they have one)

love the package guys you are doing great keep it up.
    To make the weapon disappear when you pick it up you could put something in the "selectableWeapon" script that destroys the weapon that was just picked up.

Also, when you pick up a weapon it automatically replaces the currently equipped one.
    OK thanks yeah i was thinking about editing the selectable weapon script before i posted but i just wasn't sure on what would be the best to do.

and sorry i didn't no that the package was able to replace the weapons( i haven't really done that much testing with it.)

4. Posts
    Ok I have a problem .

Problem:
    I have all the animation on my arms and guns (Reload,Fire etc...) but aim down the sight does not have any affect on either the gun or arms, also the sprint doesn't rotate them either, just goes side to side faster than walk animation.

Possible Solution for me: I have created Sprint and ADS animations, but being a hard ass nub like me, do not know how to incorporate these animations (PS. I tried but not worth showing). Please inform me how. You could also tell me the reason for the problem so I can correct my Animation/Model.

If You got lost tell me and i'll put up a video showcasing my problem.

TY in Advance

-Ac1d
    Projects:

No name FPS

5. Location
    Connecticut, US
    Can you provide additional details on the problems? You can pm me with the details.

6. Location
    Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by I Acid Reflux I
    Ok I have a problem .

Problem:
    I have all the animation on my arms and guns (Reload,Fire etc...) but aim down the sight does not have any affect on either the gun or arms, also the sprint doesn't rotate them either, just goes side to side faster than walk animation.

Possible Solution for me: I have created Sprint and ADS animations, but being a hard ass nub like me, do not know how to incorporate these animations (PS. I tried but not worth showing). Please inform me how. You could also tell me the reason for the problem so I can correct my Animation/Model.

If You got lost tell me and i'll put up a video showcasing my problem.

TY in Advance

-Ac1d
    This sounds to me like it's just not set up correctly. If I had to guess, it would probably be due to one of the following based on your description (since I know that the aiming is being activated if the sway speeds up):

1) You didn't define sprint/aim positions.

2) Your gun model isn't actually a child of the AimObject, so it doesn't move when aiming.

3) The aim rate is set to 0.

Just make sure that you're following the tutorial correctly, and compare your gun to the example ones to see what's different, and it should work fine. (Also I wouldn't suggest an ADS animation because it would probably be a pain to line up, and not as easily modifiable as when it's done programmatically).
    -Jason

Check out the FPS Constructor on the Asset Store! It makes creating an FPS in Unity easy! Now on iOS and Android, so your mobile FPS can get a head start!

Follow us on
    -Twitter
    -YouTube

7. Posts
    Okay, this is awesome. I'm making a game in which Roman Mythology devours the world of modern Italy and the guns and sword are awesome.

But I'm also making a multiplayer mode, (all of the game is fps) , so do you think you could add that into your package?

8. Location
    Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight12ify
    Okay, this is awesome. I'm making a game in which Roman Mythology devours the world of modern Italy and the guns and sword are awesome.

But I'm also making a multiplayer mode, (all of the game is fps) , so do you think you could add that into your package?
    I'm glad you like it! There'll be some nice italian guns (well, at least one) for sale, too, once we get the store ready.

I'm not really sure what youlre asking me to add, though. The package should already support multiplayer.
    -Jason

Follow us on
    -Twitter
    -YouTube

9. Location
    Argentina
    He probably means the things seted up.

10. Location
    Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by coin-god
    He probably means the things seted up.
    Okay. I don't think that will be added to this package, since it's really outside of the scope of the weapons and player object which I'm focusing on.

Also, for anyone who's curious, the features for the next update will probably be:

-Smoothed rotation for aimObject
    -Spray weapons (like flamethrowers)
    -tracer rounds
    -Idle animation support
    -(maybe) ladder climbing
    -Improved melee and alternate fire (automatic reloading makes melee-attack secondary possible).
    -Ability to map alt fire to different button than aim.
    -Various bug fixes
    -Jason

Follow us on
    -Twitter
    -YouTube

11. Posts
    What is the estimated arrival of the update? As this will determine further work on my project. Also I fixed my problem I set it up wrong after going through it again.

Just a suggestion...

Could you in a future update support Aim down sight Animations, because as stated before me, the change position doesn't work if you implement your own animations or model.

-Ac1d
    Projects:

No name FPS

12. Location
    Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by I Acid Reflux I
    What is the estimated arrival of the update? As this will determine further work on my project. Also I fixed my problem I set it up wrong after going through it again.

Just a suggestion...

Could you in a future update support Aim down sight Animations, because as stated before me, the change position doesn't work if you implement your own animations or model.

-Ac1d
    -It's hard to tell,we've got a lot of thing going on and even once the update is finished it takes time to make tutorials and such.

- The change position works with any model if it's set up properly, unless you've encountered some sort of very serious glitch which I have yet to encounter (hopefully not). The models and animations have no bearing on the movement; I've set up dozens of weapons with different models and animations and they don't affect the aiming.
    (Also, where was it stated before you? If it has happened for multiple people I need to check with them to see if it's a bug/what's causing it)

The reason which I would consider doing ADS animations is for things like handguns, where the second hand moves in to hold/support the gun when aiming. They would be intended to work in tandem with the scripted movement.
    -Jason

Follow us on
    -Twitter
    -YouTube

13. Location
    Argentina
    No man. It works, you are surelly doing something wrong.

Jason, what about diferent Spark effects? I thought you said you were going to add it. :P

What are this really?
    *Smoothed rotation for aimObject
    *tracer rounds

Spray weapons will ver very very usefull for my game! Thanks for adding support for it.

Hopefully when I finish my real weapons models (im using some quick made ones atm), Ill start posting some screens.

14. Location
    Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by coin-god
    Jason, what about diferent Spark effects? I thought you said you were going to add it. :P

What are this really?
    *Smoothed rotation for aimObject
    *tracer rounds

Spray weapons will ver very very usefull for my game! Thanks for adding support for it.

Hopefully when I finish my real weapons models (im using some quick made ones atm), Ill start posting some screens.
    -Smoothed rotation just means that the transitions to aim/sprint will look better, because right now the rotation instantly changes instead of changing over time.

-Tracer rounds are when you can see a trail where bullets are fired, which most games have.

-As far as different spark effects I'll look at it and see if I can put it in the update.

-Also, I'm looking forward to seeing some screens .
    -Jason

Follow us on
    -Twitter
    -YouTube

15. I am also having the same problem as Acid Reflux.

16. Location
    Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolutely Nothing FPS
    I am also having the same problem as Acid Reflux.
    Does this happen in the demo weapons or just your own?
    -Jason

Follow us on
    -Twitter
    -YouTube

17. Posts
    In the demo i can't pick up weapons?
    also, i'm new at the Unity engine, so how do i add/set this up?
    Hello.

18. Location
    Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidz
    In the demo i can't pick up weapons?
    also, i'm new at the Unity engine, so how do i add/set this up?
    You probably need to set up the inputs. Look at the 'Initial Setup" at http://www.dastardlybanana.com/FPSCo...torWeapons.htm, under 'Tutorials'. There are also video tutorials there on how to set up weapons and such,
    -Jason

Follow us on
    -Twitter
    -YouTube

19. Location
    Argentina
    Hey Jason. The other day I was looking at some Red Orchesta gameplay videos, from the upcomming new game Heroes of Stalingrad. And I saw a nice thing you could add to your package.

Maybe its a rather useless feature, but adds realism.

When ever the player is close to a wall or something that blocks him, he moves the weapon down. Because it has actual colision.

You can see that in this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONG4PKMDfws
    At 2:50

There is no need to add actual colision (exept if you really want the gun to collide with things like in the video.. but its not that important), cheking if we have a wall or something with colision in front of us should do the trick, and if we do and its really close... move the weapon down.

I think its a pretty nice thing, and could be added in future releases.

Keep watching the video it has some cool stuff, theres a cover system too. But looks complicated, and its not really important for this package.

20. Location
    Connecticut
    @coin-god I actually saw that in Call of Juarez and liked it, too. I'd been thinking about adding it, but the amount of time it would probably take compared to how much it would add means it won't get added unless all the more major features are complete.
    -Jason

Follow us on
    -Twitter
    -YouTube

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast