Unity Community

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

1. Location
    kokomo, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage
    *bump.

How the hell do you extract this thing?
    Every unzip program I try returns with an invalid file name error. The second folder down the heiarchy has a ":" in the filename. Very big PITA.
    Perhaps the file is corrupt? It works perfect for me...
    if (Half-Life == Mac.PowerPC) {
    happiness += Mathf.infinity;
    }

http://www.forum.wiaderko.com/images/smilies/ganja.gif
    I think that's cute and funny...

2. Posts
    I'm using the heat effect to make a heat shimmer above a road.

I've tried copying everything as exactly as possible, however, the particles for the effect show up as the purple-red-pink, etc, bump map rather than as transparent. Exactly what is needed to do this?

The bumprender is just flat color, with no distortion taking place in it. From what I've read, that seems to be due to an issue with the shader? I am using Unity 2.6.

I did run into an issue with the plane offsetting whatever is behind it, which I solved by changing the camera's clear flags, more specifically, the camera used on the bumprender.
    Attached Images  

3. Posts
    Some further information:

I made a prefab of the demo's heat effect, and then imported it into our project. I instantiated it, and hooked up all the missing materials, and discovered that the plane I had made shows the distortion of the particles of the prefab o.0

The included screenshots show the situation. I also notice that the distortion is upside to the particles. Something weird is going on here. Any help?
    Attached Images   

4. Posts
    "Go outside, the graphics are amazing!"

Check out these FX packs on the Asset Store!
    Fire Pack
    Explosion Pack
    Water Pack
    Weather Pack
    Northern Lights

Any reviews/ratings would be appreciated. It help me out a lot!

5. Location
    CA.
    LOVE it Great work duude

6. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroth
    I'm using the heat effect to make a heat shimmer above a road.

I've tried copying everything as exactly as possible, however, the particles for the effect show up as the purple-red-pink, etc, bump map rather than as transparent. Exactly what is needed to do this?

The bumprender is just flat color, with no distortion taking place in it. From what I've read, that seems to be due to an issue with the shader? I am using Unity 2.6.

I did run into an issue with the plane offsetting whatever is behind it, which I solved by changing the camera's clear flags, more specifically, the camera used on the bumprender.
    Thank god I read your post about changing the camera flags... I've been having issues with the fire for hours. If I have a skybox in the scene the plane would be visible, it was driving me nuts. Thanks
    Available for hire: www.kevinkdunlap.com
    Web Developer for Farland Online
    iOS App Developer for Michigan State University Department of Theatre

7. Location
    transform.position
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakta View Post
    Does anyone have any advice on how to make better water for Indie? Because the default kind of sucks... No hard feelings towards the Unity guys. But it could use some serious work.
    Have you seen the water in the island demo? Import that and it works. As in, it's transparent and it does distorted reflections... and it works in indie (version 2.6, I think).

Hope I've helped,

Arthur
    "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo Da Vinci

8. Posts
    Isn't this game 3 years old?

9. Location
    Germany
    Great project! I used that stuff in my Unity 3 Pro project and it worked without problems...at least in the scene view.
    For some strange reason the perfect looking water plane looks throught that main camera nearly flat. I have no idea why. The camera is nothing special and there exists only a single point light. The camera is positioned so that the water plane is nearly covered (so no close zoom in or out). Even without lights the effect is the same: perfect looking water in the scene view and only a stripped down, nearly flat plane in the game view. I guess this is a shader problem?

I did a YouTube video so you can get an idea and attached screenshots of my project settings to this post. Any help is welcome!

The video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBhYOOuQHb4
    Attached Images    

10. Location
    32.71 N, 117.15 W
    Have you tried setting the game view camera to "forward" rendering in the quality settings? That might work.

11. Location
    Germany
    Yes. Forward, deferred...everything. No changes.

12. Location
    Germany
    I uploaded a stripped down version of my project with the problematic scene here - in case someone want to checkout: http://www.darkhouse.de/temp/dev.zip (18.5MB)

Edit 26.01.2010: oops, I had an bug in my stripped down project..re-uploading right now
    Last edited by AxelF; 01-26-2011 at 12:05 AM.

13. Location
    Belguim
    this is all i get to see:
    downloaded the project folder on page 1

Eh, is this still working in unity3.4.x?

15. Location
    New York, NY
    This is awesome, But the webplayer doesn't work.

"Invalid data file"

16. Posts
    Please help I have the same problem as jister in his post. Only black water.((( Unity 3.4.2 Please, please, please

17. Posts
    How to fix black water problem in Unity3d 3.4.2 ??? Anybody?

18. Posts
    Anybody fixed this black water bug?

19. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5h5 View Post
    Here's updated shaders so it works in 2.0. With the caveat that I didn't have Pro with 1.6 so I'm not sure if it's the same. Looks cool though....

--Eric
    Can you upload Waves Bumpmap texture, please? All other links in this thread are dead.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast