Unity Community

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

1. Posts

"Sweet arse" water

New project folder with infinite water plane, works in 2.0:

http://yogware.bluegillstudios.com/RTTNormalMaps2.zip

************************** OP **************************
    I got this idea about using a render texture as the normal map for a water plane after seeing the awesome forest pond scene in Zelda: twilight princess. After a crash course in advanced shader stuff I have modded the water shaders and set it up to work just right. Now you can practically paint ripples on the surface of the water in the runtime using whatever method you like: particles, lines or even meshes as long as the render texture works as a tangent space normal map for your water plane.

Web Player: http://yogware.bluegillstudios.com/c...%20Player.html

Drive the boat around using the arrow keys.

Also, just as a test I used that same setup with a different shader to create a heat effect. http://yogware.bluegillstudios.com/h...%20Player.html
    No controls in this one.

You can now download the project folder here: http://www.yogware.bluegillstudios.c...mal%20Maps.zip

Have fun! Unity Pro only of course.
    Attached Images  

2. Posts
    had to watch that a few times - nice!

3. Unity Product Evangelist
    Dang Yoggy, that rules...
    Tom Higgins - Product Evangelist at Unity Technologies ApS
    unity3d.com | answers | blogs | feedback

4. Posts
    i posted before i saw the heat thing and i hadn't driven the boat. WOW that's slick! both are over the top my man!

5. Location
    Emmen , The netherlands
    Great work Yoggy
    very nice

Norby

6. Location
    Columbus, OH
    They're....so...pretty....

7. Location
    Capitol City New Zealand
    Not sure what the heat thing was(?) but that demo is breathtaking! How the hell did you do that you clever bugger?!?!

Nice website by the way Yoggy, and I pleased you are keeping busy with cool projects. Avert fate is gonna rock by the looks of it...

AC

8. Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    very very nice!

cheers.

9. Posts
    Not sure what the heat thing was(?)
    What does it look like there? it should look like this (notice the wavy distortion around the fire)

Avert fate is gonna rock by the looks of it...
    It rocked at GDC but I don't know where it is going next. I am not working on it anymore because GDC is over and we are out of goals.
    Attached Images  

10. Unity Product Evangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoggy
    It rocked at GDC but I don't know where it is going next. I am not working on it anymore because GDC is over and we are out of goals.
    After standing at GDC all week and showing that demo a number of times I can confirm that it rocked the house for sure. While GDC is in fact over Yoggy I'm sure we can come up with some more goals for you...
    Tom Higgins - Product Evangelist at Unity Technologies ApS
    unity3d.com | answers | blogs | feedback

11. Location
    Land of wine & cheese
    Kick @ss! Great work again Forest!

12. Administrator
    I'm a bit jealous ;-)
    Mathematicians that only do calculations that we already know about and are comfortable with? They're called accountants, and they have no friends.

13. Location
    Guatemala
    So forest finaly figured out and implemented the heat wave distortion system I had been bugging people to do almost a year ago! Looks great man, keep up the sweet work. Jeff
    Jeff McArthur | Guategeek
    http://www.bluegillstudios.com

14. Location
    32.71 N, 117.15 W
    Wow Unity's water was just "ok" before, but I was really impressed by your demos. Shows just what Unity can do in the hands of someone with your talent. Nicely done! I'll be staying up late tonight thinking up ways to use this now... Can't wait to play with it!

15. Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Damn... you've got a new video card, eh?

Mine doesn't seem to be up to the task of viewing these, but the screenshots look excellent. (Radeon 9000)

For reference, the water looks like a solid blue plane that's reflective but not transparent (it does ripple a bit, though), and the fire looks like this:
    Attached Images  

16. Posts
    aha. The glass refraction and water should work on the Radeon 9000, but they use a separate sub shader which I have not adapted yet. Still work to do before this is official

17. Location
    New Hampshire
    you have some mad talent there yoggy, can't wait to fool around with this ; )
    -O

18. Location
    Austin, TX
    That is freaking awesome. Works fine on the mini, too. Bravissimo!

19. Location
    Australia
    i clicked because i thought you drank arse water(sweet arse water?) - you pleasantly suprised me

this is fantastic well done!

20. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milkytreat
    i clicked because i thought you drank arse water(sweet arse water?)
    You scare me.

Also yes nice shader on that. *thumbsup

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast