Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unison Editor - Enhanced hierarchy display, sorting and more.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by IsaiahKelly, Aug 29, 2016.

1. IsaiahKelly

IsaiahKelly

forum_header.png
    Analyze, organize and modify everything faster and more efficiently than ever before! The Unison Editor is an extension for Unity that greatly enhances various parts of the default editor with many vital new features. Once you try it you'll never want to go back again!

ss004.png

ss001.png

Key Features:
    • See all object components right in the hierarchy.
    • Enable/disable objects, components and scripts directly from the hierarchy.
    • Advanced alphabetical sorting and manual reordering at the same time.
    • Enhanced transform inspector with reset buttons and uniform scaling toggle.
    • Move objects up/down the hierarchy with hotkeys.
    • Lock game objects directly from the hierarchy to prevent editing.
    • See the number of child objects right in the hierarchy.
    • Fully customizable. Use only the features you need.
    • Many more features in development!

Get it now on the Asset Store!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  2. Elzean

Elzean

Does the sorting sort childs too ?
    Would you be able to add some sort of isolation mode, like an alt+click on the "enable" icon would hide everything else and another one would bring them back (like photoshop layer visibility) ?

3. IsaiahKelly

IsaiahKelly

There are currently two sorting options: Sort entire hierarchy or only selected children (sorts all children under the selected object(s)). You can execute both commands from the hierarchy context menu (see the above added screenshot). I also plan to add other options for sorting multiple top level and/or child objects, but this is a bit more complicated. So those features will not make it into the initial release.

I'm already looking in to adding an option exactly like that, but this feature will once again not make it into the initial release. Please keep an eye on this forum for updates on my progress with this.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. IsaiahKelly

IsaiahKelly

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  5. IsaiahKelly

IsaiahKelly

New feature coming to Unison Hierarchy - Hide / Show objects in the hierarchy.

H key hides selected objects. Alt + H reveals all hidden objects. Hidden objects are persistent between edit mode, play mode, and editor scene switching. You must use the show hidden command to see them again. Will probably add something to indicate how many hidden objects are in the current scene.

hide-show_demo.gif

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    2dgame likes this.
  6. IsaiahKelly

IsaiahKelly

Development of the new hide/show/isolate feature for Unison Hierarchy is taking more time than originally expected. This is primarily due to the fact that I want to insure there are no unforeseen side effects or bugs. So I'm now thinking of delaying this feature in order to get 1.1 out sooner.

One nice bonus feature coming in 1.1 is an improved transform inspector that now includes a uniform scaling toggle. This allows you to scale objects uniformly in the inspector just like you can with the scene gizmo, but doing so in the inspector allows for more precision and exact values.
    scaleDemo.gif
    I plan to improve this feature further by allowing you to select which axis the uniform scaling is based on. Right now it's just based on the X axis.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  7. IsaiahKelly

IsaiahKelly

Unison Editor 1.1 is now available on the Asset Store!

Changes:
    • Unison Hierarchy renamed to Unison Editor.
    • Added support for moving multiple objects up/down simultaneously.
    • Added 'Selected' sorting option (sorts selected objects only).
    • Added context menu to component icons (reset, copy, paste values).
    • Added option to change component icon order (left to right / right to left).
    • Added option to hide untogglable component icons.
    • Improved component tooltip formatting.
    • New uniform scaling option in the transform inspector.
    • Various tweaks and optimizations.