Search Unity

Vivaldi - SFX Composer

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Sycoforge, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

Vivaldi SFX Composer
    Vivaldi is an advanced SFX composer allowing easy assembling of multiple sounds into powerful compositions.

Pooling
    Vivaldi comes with a built-in pooling system, so you don't have to worry about pooling of your sound effects.

Events
    Sync your game actions to cue points and/or loops manually placed within the editor.

Variance
    Completely randomize your compositions, so that they never sound the same.

Key Features
    • Full Unity Editor Integration
    • Powerful Event System
    • Built-in Audio Pool
    • Set Cue Points
    • Easy API
    • Create Loops with 4 different Modes
    • Randomizable Properties
    • Control Pitch, Volume, Position,etc
    • Reverse/Forward Tracks

Editor UI
    vivaldi_ss_editor_ui.png

Full Sound Control
    vivaldi_ss_settings.png

Runtime Pool
    vivaldi_ss_event_system.png

Editor Debugging
    vivaldi_ss_debug.png

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  2. jimmy_doodle

jimmy_doodle

Sign me in! As every time. :)

3. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

Just write us an email using the "subscribe" link above. We changed how the beta system works since the Map Lab beta.

Danirey likes this.
  4. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    Danirey likes this.
  5. Danirey

Danirey

Hi Guys!

Looks great. Can't wait to play with it! Any idea of when will begin the beta?

Cheers!

6. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

It has already begun.:) Currently in the 5th iteration.
    Forgot to change the thread title. :confused:

Just download it from our website with the key. Let us know what you think about it!

Danirey likes this.
  7. Danirey

Danirey

Ok! I'll check it right now. Thanks ;)

8. Danirey

Danirey

Hi again! Do you have an specific place to get feedback or may we use this forum? Issue tracker? :D

9. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

Sorry for the late reply! Something went wrong with notifications (rollback to the old forum?).

You can use what ever channel you like (forum, issue tracker, etc)! :)

10. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

Version 0.9.9 available for download.

Changelog

Features

• Added support for Unity 5.6.
    Fixes
    • Core: Removed unnecessary allocation when in random mode.

Changes
    • Event: OnTrackEnter event gets only called for tracks that get actually played (probabilistic).
    • Structure: Harmonized package structure across all shared libraries.

11. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

Version 1.0.0 available for download.

Changelog

Features

• Added support for random audio clips per track.
    Fixes
    • Core: Removed unnecessary type checks.

Changes
    • Editor: Track settings UI to allow random audio clips.

12. hopeful

hopeful

This looks very nice!

13. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

Thank you! :)

14. BenWoodford

BenWoodford

As this is no longer being updated, any chance you could release it in source form rather than DLL form? Keen to make a few tweaks for our projects (namely moving the Editor resources mind you, but some other stuff too...)

15. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

There's an updated around the corner containing the source. The plugin becomes then paid again (only for new user of course).

16. BenWoodford

BenWoodford

Awesome! Anything else on the horizon? I've just incorporated it into our audio stack, but noticing the one thing missing is a fall-off system (like AudioSource itself has) without making use of zones

17. JDelekto

JDelekto

Wow! I just updated my assets and noticed that this has changed from the free version to the Pro version with the source. As this is the first time I visited this forum to see the details as to why, let me just say that this was an entirely unexpected, yet greatly appreciated gesture.

Thank you!

hopeful likes this.
  18. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

You are very welcome! :)

JDelekto likes this.
  19. BenWoodford

BenWoodford

Any chance you could add a Pause/Resume function? As when stopping the audio it invalidates the control, so when you play again you have to play via VivaldiComposition.Play() which doesn't have a "start from ms" option, and using GoTo on the control immediately after hitting play has no effect

And on that note, seeing as the control sets IsValid to false when it stops, what is the purpose of CompositionControl.Play()? It's my understanding that if you try to play an invalid control it can end up colliding with other pooled controls if a control is assigned to the same index in the pool?

20. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

Added to the to-do list. Thanks for pointing out this missing functionality. :)

BenWoodford likes this.
  21. BenWoodford

BenWoodford

Just a heads up, your Vivaldi.Editor asmdef isn't marked as only compiling for the Editor (or at least it wasn't when I updated)

Small feature request, I've added it myself for now but adding an optional time parameter to VivaldiComposition.Play would be handy, as you can do it from an existing control but not from a new playback.

22. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

Thanks for the heads up! The optional time parameter is on the to-do-list, if you can share your solution, we can check and eventually merge yours right away.

23. BenWoodford

BenWoodford

I pretty much just added it to the chain from composition.Play(Transform, MixerGroup, Time) down to where it calls Play on a pool. Probably needs more than that to be a proper implementation as I just put it where I needed it to fulfil my needs really

Sycoforge likes this.
  24. BenWoodford

BenWoodford

Just added a snippet on my copy inside DrawCompositionSettings that you may want to add: "Fit to Longest Clip" in Composition Settings. Just makes life a bit easier when working with long clips by extending the composition to the length of the longest clip, rather than having to work out the length you need manually. Feel free to copy it verbatim:

Code (CSharp):
    1.             if(GUILayout.Button("Fit to Longest Clip"))
    2.             {
    3.                 int longest = 0;
    4.                 foreach(SFXTrack track in Composition.Tracks)
    5.                 {
    6.                     if(track != null)
    7.                         longest = Mathf.Max(track.Length, longest);
    8.                 }
    10.                 if(Composition.Length < longest)
    11.                 {
    12.                     Composition.Length = longest;
    13.                 }
    14.             }

Sycoforge likes this.
  25. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

Great commit. Thanks for sharing! :)

26. BenWoodford

BenWoodford

Having a bit of a weird one right now:

I've got a scene that, when lagging (I know, I know, optimise my scenes) the Position marker in the CompositionControl lags behind the actual playback of the audio... rather difficult to actually recreate on my PC but the way I can tell is by pausing the audio (which stores the Position marker) a good 1 minute into the audio, then hitting play again (which plays using the stored Position) and it jumps back a good 10-15 seconds.

Any idea what might be causing this?

27. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

Unfortunately, this is by design as the Vivaldi plugin hooks into the default loop and thus is frame-rate-depended. Maybe we could introduce some compensation in the timeline to allow catching up smaller fps hiccups, but in a constantly, laggy setting this won't get you the desired effect.

28. BenWoodford

BenWoodford

I would have thought the fact that you use deltaTime would mitigate that wouldn't it?

29. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

In theory, yes. I guess, there's an accumulating time error as the audio sampling has an external timer. On what frame rates do you experiencing these issues?

30. BenWoodford

BenWoodford

Target is 60, but I’ve had some stuff drop to 12. Obviously not a good framerate at all, but thought I’d bring it up

31. BenWoodford

BenWoodford

I should note also that the timings are off in the other direction (cutting off before finishing) the first time a track is played when getting around 45 FPS for some reason... only the first time that audio composition is played though.

32. BenWoodford

BenWoodford

Hate to continuously post but an update on this: I'm actually seeing it (or something similar) in the editor window too. I've got one track that I've duplicated and clipped down to have multiple tracks so I can tweak the timings of it for each section of vocals... and the audio seems to be playing fine but the actual waveform is showing audio "stretched out" so to speak, i.e. when there's audio playing, the waveform is empty or vice versa. Any ideas what might be causing that? It makes timing cue points rather problematic.

There's also overlap between those separated clips where there shouldn't be - the waveform on the end of clip 1 and start of clip 2 is clearly different but I'll hear a little bit of clip 2's audio at the end of clip 1, and then hear it again at the start of clip 1. I can also end up with an entirely different part of a clip at 30s into a clip if I start it at 30s vs starting at 0s and listening past 30s.

Hard to say if this is visual or something else though. Sample rates do match up so it's not that.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  33. Ruchir

Ruchir

Is this asset depreciated?
    I had this asset in my library and was planning on using this :(

34. hopeful

hopeful

Both the Pro (paid) and Indie (free) versions show up in the asset store, so not deprecated.

https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/9267

35. Ruchir

Ruchir

What I meant was is it supported by the developer?
    Or should I use FMOD or WWISE instead?

36. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

We do still maintain Vivaldi. For larger scale projects, we recommend using FMOD or Wwise. For projects that target platforms not supported by FMOD or that need a lightweight solution, Vivaldi is the right choice.

Ruchir likes this.
  37. pippolo

pippolo

Hi, does Vivaldi support multichannel outputs? I have a Motu 828 interface and would like to send a track to 4 different analog outs of the soundcard. Thanks

38. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

Vivaldi routes everything to a Unity mixer. You have to check whether hardware routing is supported by Unity itself.

39. Brady

Brady

Could you use the DSP clock instead? The issue there would be it wouldn't obey timeScale though. Alternatively, you could track the playing samples and base it on actual sample time.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022