Search Unity

Run in background problem in Firefox

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by scarpelius, Feb 10, 2010.

1. scarpelius

scarpelius

I have o problem with running in background on Firefox (3.5.7). I am trying to keep the processor as low as i can and to avoid any unnecessary use when the user is not in the tab with unity player page, I've unchecked the Edit->Project Settings->Player->Run in background.

While i am in the unity player tab there is no problem processor load is hardly reaching 5%(in first core), but when I switch to another tab, the first core of my processor goes to 100% instantly. I've tested another people web players and the and the result is the same, 100% first core load when browsing other tabs, low load when in the unity player tab.

This is a major problem because the load make the page navigation in other tabs very jagged (seems that Firefox also doesn't know how to use more than 1 core).

On the other hand, when running the same in IE8 this problem does not occur (and this is probably because the tab in IE8 is actually a separate instance of the program).

I've made the test with Firefox with 2 separated instances and the processor load is normal, all cores are almost to 1%.

Is there any solution to this problem?

2. devel

devel

We have the same problem with Firefox 3.6.3!
    Are there any updates on that?

3. Ramen Sama

Ramen Sama

Yeah, same thing happens here. Using 3.6.3 Dunno how long it's been an issue.

4. Dreamora

Dreamora

since they F***ed up the plugins with 3.5.6 or alike which forced me to switch to a browser thats not only seeking new ways to hog more memory while getting more and more instable and slow :(

5. andeeeee

andeeeee

Have you reported this as a bug? (Menu: Help > Report A Problem).