Search Unity

Mole: An easy to play mining game for the iPhone. - Out now!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by designerwatts, Feb 1, 2010.

1. designerwatts

designerwatts

Hi everyone.

Designerwatts here. I’m an indie developer hailing from Australia.

I would like to take the time to show you guys my teams new game. It’s called Mole.

I’m personally a big fan of the 2D mining game sub-genre and with that love in mind I went about designing a new mining game that anyone could easily pick up and play.

Mole is a blend of gameplay elements that we all know and love with a few additional tweaks to make it a more solid iPhone/iPod touch experience.

Feature wise for a modest $2 Mole gives you:

· An easy to play touch based game with no complex and cloggy GUI controllers. Simply touch any location to have Mark dig to it!
    · Explore the deep underground and dig through randomly generated levels. Each level is a new bite sized adventure!
    · Collect metal to upgrade your mining tools so Mark can dig deeper, faster, longer!
    · Post your best dig scores on twitter and ranked online leaderboards!
    · Progress through 4 different mining ranks and unlock 10 achievement medals!

Our game has a website. Which includes a youtube trailer and screenshots which can be found here.

I hope you guys give the game a try! :D

Chris Watts
    Roo games
    In association with Esc Factory.

Attached Files:

2. Tom163

Tom163

Looks very interesting. Is there a lite version to test the gameplay and controls?
    From what I see, I'm almost sold, but there are too many iPhone games that look excellent yet are unplayable.

3. pgpprogram

pgpprogram

I tried it out in the webplayer - Awesome! Congrats on the release.

4. designerwatts

designerwatts

Mole has just gotten an importent update to it and is now back up in the app store!

The update address's some of the crash issues people where experiencing. The game should run fine now.

I hope you all get the chance to take a look at our game! :D

5. pgpprogram

pgpprogram

Mole runs very smoothly on the iphone/ipod.
    Only feedback I can suggest: would it be possible to make the bar on the side, that shows the dirt/ground levels, optional. Its fine the way it is but changing from the web version to the iphone version makes the digging area feel small.

6. MatthewJCollins

MatthewJCollins

I tried the webplayer, very cool! It's quite addictive too. Nice work!