Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Jerking Animations

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Apprenticeneauxs, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Apprenticeneauxs

Apprenticeneauxs

I have imported 2 different models with walk and run animations into Unity 2.6 and notice with or without any script attached to it, the animations for walking or running jerk when played. I know that my animation frames are set properly and that there are no problems in Maya. I also noticed this when playing the game Dukateers the treacherous treasure that it does the same with the little pirate guy. So is this a bug or is there a fix for this? Is there a way to loop these properly? Please help. DL out!

2. andeeeee

andeeeee

When you say jerking, do you mean they are playing badly all the way through or that there is a jump in the cycle at the point where it loops?

3. Apprenticeneauxs

Apprenticeneauxs

yeah at the point of the loop there is a horrible jerk as if the frames arent right but I know that they are because I have checked them more than once. Any Ideas how to correct this?

4. andeeeee

andeeeee

Check out this manual page for a few tips on importing animations. If you've imported using the split animations option, you may find the start/end frames are slightly out, but you can correct them in the inspector. Also, you can enable the loop checkbox for each animation. This adds an extra frame at the end that is exactly the same as the first frame.