Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

4.6 UI and Lobby

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by ManAmazin, Oct 8, 2014.

1. ManAmazin

ManAmazin

Hi guys anyone care to share how they made their lobby using the new GUI preferably with photon but if not the idea is the same...im having trouble realizing how to go about it with the whole prefab thing

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  2. ManAmazin

ManAmazin

To be clear im not asking you guys to post all of your code to be copied..im merely asking how you went about creating say, the lobby that shows all the available games, since you dont this exact number at all times you use something like a foreach call to pull the games. Since the new ui is component-based i was told Prefabs is the way to go but that is as far as the info got...this was somewhat easy with old GUI but who wants to go back to that? hope that clarifies....

3. tobiass

tobiass

This might help (although it's not about room lists):

I didn't play a lot with the new UI so far but when I find the time, I'll post the results somewhere.

4. ManAmazin

ManAmazin

@tobiass this is a good tutorial but he only shows the instantiation of the object itself which is useful, but i need to access the text inside the prefab also so i can update room name, players/maxplayers and a join button

i need to be able to combine the video you posted with this one:

5. Pulov

Pulov

The guy of the video you posted has updated the tutorial with the 4.6ui. I'm following it now.

6. Pulov

Pulov

Here: