Search Unity

4.6 iOS 64-bit beta

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by jonas-echterhoff, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

We got a fix in the pipeline - after it's out, you'll be able to P/Invoke into anything.

JJC1138 likes this.
  2. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

Hi Lucas.

Any news on sockets? I would be glad to get any little information when we will get it.

3. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

Work is still underway but getting close to something shippable. As said, there are 2 people working on it and the code is complex + prone to deadlocks that are hard to reproduce. If nothing shows up anymore, we might be able to get it in soon.

4. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

Great, and thank you for the update.

5. tobiass

tobiass

Also looking forward to the socket support.
    Related: I tested 4.6.2p2 with a native socket lib and couldn't get that to connect for some reason. It doesn't crash however. Case 672047.

6. Ges

Ges

Hello, I found a bug in 4.6.2p2 IL2CPP iOS: Delegates call wrong functions.
    I can demonstrate it in this small project.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    3. interface ITest {
    4.     void Test1();
    5. }
    7. public class TestScript : MonoBehaviour, ITest {
    8.     public void Test1() {}
    9.     protected virtual void Test2() {}
    11.     void Start () {
    12.         ITest t = this;
    13.         System.Action a = t.Test1;
    14.         Debug.Log(a.Method.Name);
    15.     }
    16. }
    This is the console output:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Equals
    2. Replacements.Attribute:CheckParameters(Object, Type)
    3. UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_Log(Int32, String, Object)
    4. UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    5. TestScript:Start()
    6. Replacements.Attribute:CheckParameters(Object, Type)
    7. (Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/iPhonePlayer-armv7-il2cppGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)
    Is it a known problem?
    Thank's a lot!

7. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

The 4.6.3 release is scheduled for the end of next week. The 4.6.3p1 release is scheduled for the end of the following week. Of course this schedule is subject to slip, but we're planning to hit it.

The main focus of the 4.6.3 release is Metal support, so we're planning to be a bit more conservative with IL2CPP fixes than we have been with 4.6.2.p1 and 4.6.2p2. We're currently evaluating which IL2CPP fixes will make it into 4.6.3, and which will need to wait for 4.6.3p1. I'll provide an update here when we know more about what will make it into 4.6.3 (likely Tuesday of next week).

Thanks everyone for your patience and bug reports!

8. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@abutt1

Thanks for submitting this bug. I've verified that the dynamic library loading problem is corrected internally. That should appear in the 4.6.3p1 release at the latest. this project has exposed another bug related to marshaling the System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, which we will investigate.

9. cwaspfst

cwaspfst

Hi Josh.

In what version (4.6.3 or 4.6.3p1) you plan to add IL2CPP support of Parse and Facebook Unity plugin ?

Thanks!

10. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@cwaspfst

Unfortunately, I can't say yet. We're working on it internally, and we'll let you know as soon as we know where it will land.

11. tobiass

tobiass

@JoshPeterson: I saw the IL2CPP fixes the basis for submissions to the App Store and Metal more as "nice to have".
    I think we also encounter the issue @Ges reports up there. Case 672047 gets some callbacks in code that should not even be in the project.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  12. Lamosca_2014

Lamosca_2014

In Unity 4.6.3p2 I get the error "You are using Unity iPhone Basic. You are not allowed to remove the Unity splash screen from your game" when trying to run on iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 (not on ipad air or ipad mini). Even thought the splash screens are included in the xCode projecT.

I get them when building with both compilers (il2cpp and mono).

13. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@Ges

This was not a known issue, thanks for pointing it out. Can you submit a bug so that we can track this? I've expanded the example you provided a bit to show what works not and what does not. Hopefully this will help others who need to work around this issue.

See the following code:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. interface ITest {
    3.     void Test1();
    4. }
    5. public class TestScript : MonoBehaviour, ITest {
    6.     public void Test1() { Debug.Log("Hi from Test1"); }
    7.     protected virtual void Test2() {}
    8.     void Start () {
    9.         Debug.Log("Calling Test1() directly works.");
    10.         this.Test1();
    12.         ITest t = this;
    14.         Debug.Log("Calling Test1() via an interface works.");
    15.         t.Test1();
    17.         System.Action a = t.Test1;
    18.         // Calling Test1() via a delegate to an interface does not work currently.
    19.         //a();
    21.         System.Action b = this.Test1;
    22.         Debug.Log("Calling Test1() via a delegate works.");
    23.         b();
    24.     }
    25. }
    The problem here is specifically related to the way that IL2CPP is invoking the delegate on an interface. I'm working on a fix now! Thanks again.

14. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@tobiass
    I believe that Apple is starting to only feature apps that support Metal, so for some developers, Metal support is necessary.

With that said, we know that many of the IL2CPP bugs outstanding are ship-stoppers for many of you, so we are considering that in our release plans. We'll have more to say next week on this.

For case 672047, I'll try out the fix to the delegate invokes with that code when it is ready. Thanks!

tobiass likes this.
  15. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@Ges

Actually, we've been able to correct this problem internally, so we won't need a bug. Thanks for mentioning this, we will try to get the fix out as soon as we can.

16. AlfredL

AlfredL

With 4.6.2p2, I found an exception when calling DateTime.ToUniversalTime & DateTime.ToLocalTime with IL2CPP enabled. This exception will only be thrown on 32bit device (like iPad Mini) when the value is close to DateTime.MinValue. It causes problem to my JSON parser when serializing or deserializing DateTime fields.

I have filed bug 672199 for it (http://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?672199_ofpebifiacdhmo6t)

Following is the code snippet that can repro this issue and call stack of the exception.

Code (CSharp):
    2. DateTime d; // d is initialized with DateTime.MinValue (01/01/0001 00:00:00)
    3. d.ToLocalTime();
    4. d.ToUniversalTime();
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value 3448788627656284108 is outside the valid range [0,3155378975999999999].
    Parameter name: ticks
    at System.Threading.Timer.Change (Int64 dueTime, Int64 period, Boolean first) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.DateTime..ctor (Int64 ticks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.CurrentSystemTimeZone.GetDaylightTimeFromData (System.Int64[] data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.CurrentSystemTimeZone.GetDaylightChanges (Int32 year) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.UnauthorizedAccessException..ctor (System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.TimeZone.IsDaylightSavingTime (DateTime time) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.UnauthorizedAccessException..ctor (System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.CurrentSystemTimeZone.GetUtcOffset (DateTime time) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.TimeZone.ToLocalTime (DateTime time) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Text.RegularExpressions.FactoryCache.Cleanup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.DateTime.ToLocalTime () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  17. jdesantos

jdesantos

The HandleRef bug is not new. It was reported (Case 667779) weeks ago. Do you have an estimation about when it will be solved? It is totally blocking us. And the workaround is not easy at all (and not safe...)

Thanks!

18. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@AlfredL

Thanks for the bug, we will have a look.

19. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@jdesantos

Sorry, I was not aware of this existing bug. I can't say yet when it will be solved, but it is high on the priority list now.

20. Catacomber

Catacomber

What's the largest file size you guys have been able to get up and running on IL2CPP---on a 32 bit device---not a 64 bit but a 32 bit device? Many of our players have not updated to 64 bit yet but it looks like we are going to have to cut them out.

3d RPG games run into the hundreds of megabytes and that's my problem right now. I could take a turn at making just 2d apps but I invested a lot of money in the asset store for 3d graphics which I try to put to good use.

Any help coming soon on getting the built app size down? Reading other threads scattered throughout the forum I'm not the only one having a problem. My project is an RPG game of 4.7 gigabytes. I'm holding off going back to IL2CPP while things are still problem-ridden.

I reverted to Unity 4.6.2 but using Mono to retest my new file right now. I've done everything I can to keep my file size down. I redid a lot of my terrains and levels to make them more compact. I don't mind that our project has to be retested by our beta testers. I just want to get it uploaded to Apple at some point.

I have a horrible feeling the file size is going to be very large if I go back to IL2CPP and my past experience with a large file size is that it will crash on devices that are not 64 bit.

Our Wizzard Island app that we made with Unity last year and released is 258 mb.

I shudder to think what the file size of our new app will be. The Omber on my device without IL2CPP is 358 megabytes using Unity 6.2 no 64 bit support. And having rebuilt Omber to cut the file size down, I'm not even half finished putting it in.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  21. TeorikDeli

TeorikDeli

@JoshPeterson is there any progress about case 667695? We're waiting the fix to publish our game =/

22. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Latest version 4.6.2p2 fixed my problems with game, but size of game increased 50mb+ I know this was going to happen but any optimisation coming in future builds to try and reduce package size?

Catacomber likes this.
  23. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@catacomber @MrEsquire Yes, we're working now on making builds smaller. We don't have an ETA yet, but this is one of our key focus areas.

Catacomber likes this.
  24. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@TeorikDeli

Sorry, we have not made any progress to report on this one yet. We will try to get to it soon. We have landed a number of changes internally to improve cryptography behavior though. I'm not sure if it will correct his problem, but we will have a look and see.

25. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

Hey @JoshPeterson sorry I'm posting in multiple places, but I'm also waiting on metal rendering to get fixed to publish the game. 4.6.2p2 is completely unstable for my project.

Case #672232.
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/weird-metal-crashes-4-6-2p2.297960/

Additionally I forgot to mention two bugs you can check in the project I sent:
    1. The 'next' and 'prev' buttons located inside "uGui/inventory canvas/Inventory Bg/Character Sheet" have become unresponsive as of 4.6.2p1. Any button i create that overlaps the background is now unresponsive.
    2. You can also use this project to compile and recreate this thread:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/4-6-2p2-ios-arc-restrictions-compiler-error.297802/

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  26. Hacky

Hacky

Hi,

since 4.6.2p2 I can't connect XCode to my running apps. I get the following failure:
    Could not launch <appname>
    process launch failed: failed to get task for process <processnumber>

It only happens with IL2CPP builds. Mono builds works fine for me.

Best regards,
    David

27. TeorikDeli

TeorikDeli

Thanks for your reply! I tried Unity 4.6.2p2, but exception message is the only thing that changed (SecurePlayerPrefs.GenerateMD5 error gone, SecurePlayerPrefs.GetString error came as I remember). If you need new logs, I can send you.

By the way, I can still upload the game binary to iTunes Connect without any error or warning as Mono build. We're testing the game in TestFlight for couple of months. There aren't any problem so far (I tested yesterday), but can we send the game to Apple for review to publish (as Mono build, not IL2CPP)?

28. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@Drowning Monkeys

For both cases, can you try each with the Mono scripting backend? That will help us understand if the problems are specific to IL2CPP or if they are more general. Also, can you submit a bug for the button problem, if you have not already? Thanks.

29. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@Hacky

Can you connect Xcode to a application when it starts? We've not seen any problems with that workflow, although I'm not sure about connecting to a running application. Can you submit a bug on this issue? Thanks.

30. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

@JoshPeterson i'll try that now, but i thought for some reason you had to use IL2CPP to compile in x64 universal and take advantage of metal, was i totally wrong about that?

Also, can we append Case #672232 somehow to address those other bugs? Is there any reason you want me to generate another case and send over another massive 3gb+ file?

31. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

@JoshPeterson ok so good news(??) - compiling in mono and forcing metal rendering did not create any crashes (yet) in any of the places where i was experiencing problems previously.

On the iPad, i can successfully launch the game, go through the cutscenes with no crash.
    On the iPhone, the main menu now launches properly and does not freeze.

32. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@Drowning Monkeys

Thanks for trying this out. It is possible to use the Mono scripting backend and Metal, as you have found. You are correct though, to build a universal binary that includes a 64-bit version, you must use the IL2CPP scripting backend. If helps us to know if the problem is specific to IL2CPP or if it is more general. I've updated case 672232 to include this information.

Please do submit another bug for the button problem. However, I agree that uploading the project again is unnecessary. Please mention that the project has already been uploaded with case 672232 when you submit the new bug. Having two different bugs though will help us to track things, so I appreciate it. Thanks!

33. andrew210

andrew210

Here's something thats only come about in the latest patched version of Unity (4.6.2p2), this worked fine in 4.6.2p1.

Seems that any SaveASync() in the Parse library now causes this crash.

34. abutt1

abutt1

@JoshPeterson thanks for that, it's great news for us! Any progress on the HandleRef issue?

In the bug email, you've asked about submitting a report for the coherent editor crash. I've replied directly to the bug email, but just in case that doesn't work I'll post here as well:

"As for the editor crash, I believe there is already a bug submitted: (669336 here: http://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?669336_25mbv0nbgics37g6 ).

If you still need me to submit it, I'd be happy to."

35. GuillaumeZAHRA

GuillaumeZAHRA

Any news on the Case 670422 about ExternalCall method not implemented ?

I can't even build and test my project because of this dependency in the DLL of the backend i use (Cross platform DLL), and i think this method is targeted for Webplayer initially.

As far as i know, ExternalCall is not even used on iOS, can't you just implement this as a dummy method for iOS ? What will you do about this, and have you an ETA please ?

Thank you !

36. Catacomber

Catacomber

I had the same problem when using IL2CPP and that patch. My app would launch and close and I'd get that message but I couldn't connect XCode to my app.

I can't help more with this than to say I had the same problem as I've reverted to 6.2 no patch and mono for the time being.

37. Hacky

Hacky

No, also attach to process won't work.

Edit: bug report was sended (672657)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  38. Catacomber

Catacomber

I tried that too and couldn't. Again I can't submit a bug report because I reverted to 6.2. But I had the same experience. Was using the same patch I think at the time.

39. ArjunN

ArjunN

Hi,

We seem to be running into a strange bug when trying to deserialize a long value. The number is 64 bit number (eg, 1389483534695139), but when deserialized this number is being treated as a 32 bit value (eg 1484896995). I've submitted a bug report with Case #672678.

Could someone look into this ASAP please? Note that I'm using Unity 4.6.2p2 and that the Mono version works just fine.

40. Lotti

Lotti

don't know if already reported.. but i have this error with 4.6.2p2. Our games need System.Drawing.dll to compile zxing source code library (used for QR Code Reading and Writing). With standard compiler (not il2cpp) i don't have any problem.

Code (CSharp):
    2. Failed running /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/il2cpp/il2cpp.exe --copy-level=None --enable-generic-sharing --enable-unity-event-support --emit-null-checks --enable-array-bounds-check "/Users/xxx/Documents/unity/xxxiOS/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll" "/Users/xxx/Documents/unity/xxxiOS/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll" "/Users/xxx/Documents/unity/xxxiOS/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.UI.dll" "/Users/xxx/Documents/unity/xxxiOS/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/System.Drawing.dll" "/Users/xxx/Documents/unity/xxxiOS/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/DecalSystem.Runtime.dll" "/Users/xxx/Documents/unity/xxxiOS/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/GPGSUtils.dll" "/Users/xxx/Documents/unity/xxxiOS/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/P31RestKit.dll" "/Users/xxx/Documents/unity/xxxiOS/Temp/il2cppOutput/il2cppOutput"
    4. stdout;
    5. IL2CPP error for type 'System.Drawing.ComIStreamMarshaler/ReleaseDelegate' in assembly '/Users/xxx/Documents/unity/xxxiOS/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/System.Drawing.dll'
    6. Additional information: Build a development build for more information. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    7. stderr:
    9. Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
    10.   at Unity.IL2CPP.IncludeCollection.NonTemplated.TypeDefinitionVisitor.HandleDelegate (Mono.Cecil.TypeDefinition typeDefinition) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    11.   at Unity.IL2CPP.IncludeCollection.NonTemplated.TypeDefinitionVisitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.TypeDefinition typeDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    12.   at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
    13.   at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    14.   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    15.   at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    16.   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    17.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit[TypeDefinition] (Mono.Cecil.TypeDefinition node, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    18.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.DoAccept[TypeDefinition] (Mono.Cecil.TypeDefinition definition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor visitor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    19.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.Accept (Mono.Cecil.TypeDefinition typeDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor visitor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    20.   at Unity.IL2CPP.IncludeCollection.NonTemplated.IncludeCollector.ForTypeDefinition (Mono.Cecil.TypeDefinition type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    21.   at Unity.IL2CPP.IncludeCollection.NonTemplated.IncludeCollector.ForTypeDefinition (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    22.   at Unity.IL2CPP.IncludeWriter.WriteTypeDefinitionIncludes (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference type, Unity.IL2CPP.CppCodeWriter writer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    23.   at Unity.IL2CPP.SourceWriter.WriteTypeDefinitionFor (System.String outputDirectory, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    24.   at Unity.IL2CPP.SourceWriter.Write (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Unity.IL2CPP.GenericsCollection.InflatedCollection allGenerics, System.String outputDir, Mono.Cecil.TypeDefinition[] typeList, Unity.IL2CPP.StringLiterals.StringLiteralCollection stringLiteralCollection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    25.   at Unity.IL2CPP.AssemblyConverter.Convert (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Unity.IL2CPP.StringLiterals.StringLiteralCollection stringLiteralCollection, Unity.IL2CPP.GenericsCollection.InflatedCollection allGenerics) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    26.   at Unity.IL2CPP.AssemblyConverter.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    27.   at Unity.IL2CPP.AssemblyConverter.ConvertAssemblies (System.String[] assemblies, System.String outputDir) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    29. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    30. UnityEditorInternal.Runner:RunManagedProgram(String, String, String, CompilerOutputParserBase)
    31. UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder:ConvertPlayerDlltoCpp(ICollection`1, String, String)
    32. UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder:Run()
    33. UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPUtils:RunIl2Cpp(String, String, IIl2CppPlatformProvider, Action`1, RuntimeClassRegistry)
    34. UnityEditor.BuildPipeline:BuildPlayer(String[], String, BuildTarget, BuildOptions)
    35. Builder:execute(Boolean) (at Assets/Editor/Utils/Builder.cs:332)
    36. BuilderMenu:Build() (at Assets/Editor/Utils/BuilderMenu.cs:21)

41. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@andrew210

Can you submit a big on this issue? Thanks.

42. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@Paam

It looks like we are working on this one, but we don't have a resolution yet.

43. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@ArjunN

Yes, we will have a look, thanks!

44. GuillaumeZAHRA

GuillaumeZAHRA

Ok ! Since our project does not need to be published before June, i think we can have the time to see how you will fix this, and also i think our project will benefit from upcoming IL2CPP improvements/features/bug corrections !

If we can at least being able to build and test on iOS on mid-april at the latest, it would be fine.

Thanks for the answer !

45. Lucas-Meijer

Lucas-Meijer

Unity Technologies

@ArjunN: I just verified the next drop (eta few days) has fixed your case 672678. Thanks for the report!

46. ArjunN

ArjunN

Thanks Lucas!

47. Ajr_1

Ajr_1

Hi,

I just upgraded to 4.6.2p2 to build with IL2CPP and get the following issues in XCode in Bulk_Mono.WebBrowser_0.cpp:

Not sure what other info I can give that would help?

48. Ajr_1

Ajr_1

@Lotti
    I also get this exact same error when I include System.Drawing.dll

49. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@Ajr_1

Could you please submit a bug that includes the project which causes these errors? This should be working, so I'm curious about this specific case. Is there an assembly here that was not built with the version of Mono which ships with Unity? That might be a cause, although I am not sure. Thanks.

50. Lars-Blaabjerg

Lars-Blaabjerg

Hi,

First of all, SslStream not working is really blocking us, and out game is due to be submitted at the beginning of March, so I really hope you'll have some breakthrough on that soon :)

Second, I am getting very weird stack traces from exceptions when compiled with IL2CPP. There seems to be entries in there that shouldn't be. It is very confusing when trying to figure out the cause of a problem.

The picture below is grabbed from the xcode console. The lines framed with red are NOT methods called by methods immediately below them.

Especially the JsonSchemaResolver line puzzles me, because there is NO json related code anywhere near that process. I have no idea what Level2Map is, and it is NOT referenced by my code.

If it helps, this particular code does not run in the main thread, but one started in the FetchResponseAsync method using a delegate created with a lambda expression.

Everything above the AuthenticateAsClient line is internal to the library.

WTF-stack.png

Cheers

Lars