Search Unity

3dsmax Batch exporter with unity focused options

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by Luos_83, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Luos_83

Luos_83

Hello All,
    After some discussion with the great Jos Balcean, who has been well known in the 3dsmax scene for his great exporting tools has added a lot of options that makes making meshes for assets much less of a hassle!

You can download his 3dsmax script here:
    http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/batch-exportimport

some of the options:
    Export features

- Reset geometry. Apply the boxmethod to every object (reset transformation etc.). Optionally move the pivot to the origin.
    - Delete turbosmooth. Delete the TurboSmooth modifier before exporting.
    - Move to [0,0,0]. Move objects to the origin before exporting
    - Rotate the objects before exporting (to fix rotation problems)
    - Scale the objects before exporting (to fix scale issues) < handy for .obj and .fbx difference!!
    - Name change. Add prefix and/or postfix to the name of the objects before exporting.
    - Combine collision mesh. Mesh with the same name and the given prefix/postifx will be exported together (ex. UCX_).
    - Combine LOD's. Meshes with the given prefix/postfix will be exported to the same file. For example _LOD* (* means numbering) for unity. << epic handy for LODs
    - Group support. Objects in a group are automatically exported to the same file. If the Collapse groups option is enabled, the group will be collapsed to one mesh.

I hope you appreciate it for me asking to add these options, and even more appreciate Jos for adding these :)
    cheers!

URPian likes this.
  2. jc_lvngstn

jc_lvngstn

Pretty nice of you, and I am sure all of the 3dsmax users will appreciate it as well!

URPian likes this.