Search Unity

3ds max cloth

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by LaytProducts, Sep 10, 2011.

1. LaytProducts

LaytProducts

So I am trying to make a loin cloth type thing, but I have never used cloth. I have a cloth modifier on the "box" and when ever I try an add properties to it (silk,cotton,...) it does seem to save the settings. I press "simulate" and the cloth just disappears. I am confused.

2. Kinos141

Kinos141

With cloth, you have to use add objects to the mesh you want to the cloth to attach to. Also, have you used garment maker?

3. LaytProducts

LaytProducts

So like when I click "Object Properties" I need to add collision objects?

I have heard of it and read a little on it. But really know nothing about Garment Maker. Why?

Edit:
    Never mind, moved on to just making pants.
    Its all rumply though :/

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  4. makan

makan

For close modifier its more common to start from 2D shapes and use garment maker modifier then add cloth modifier....in other hand there is another way which in reactor there is a cloth modifier which works better in some ways...specially for 3D meshes

5. Captain-Mike

Captain-Mike

why dont you model the clothing as per normal and then use unitys cloth utility...?

6. LaytProducts

LaytProducts

I kinda thought of that a long while after posting this. I will try it out especially since I can have wind and stuff effecting it IN-GAME so that will be best for realism.