Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

3DForge Exteriors

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by S4G4N, Apr 6, 2015.

1. smada-luap

smada-luap

That's the prefab name I've used. Have you been hacking into my Unity project? o_O :eek: :p :confused: lol

S4G4N likes this.
  2. kerrmedia

kerrmedia

Hi,
    I have your Interiors and Exteriors kit, but was looking at your Castles&Cathedrals.
    Are all those assets already in the Interiors package?
    Really like your work!

S4G4N likes this.
  3. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey there,
    Fortunately for you and every other person that already owns the Village Interiors Kit you have included the
    Castles & Cathedrals Kit
    Taverns & Inns Kit
    Catacombs & Crypts Kit

PLUS many more assets that are not in those kits but is part of the Village Interiors Kit

That is why I doubt that the Village Interiors or this Village Exteriors Kits will again go on SALE
    They are HUGE, they are according to many users worth way more then the asking $60 even when release v1
    Like your own comment and the many reviews each person was surprised at the good quality and HUGE volume and usefulness of the contents.

At this moment, the Village Interiors Kit is the #1 seller under Fantasy and the Village Exteriors Kit the #2 seller
    What is cool, is that is voting via user wallet

The current update that is in the works that is not far from done, is the Exteriors for the Castles and Cathedrals part.

What many users have done is pick up the smaller packs, so that when they working on a project and only want that segment of the package in their project space then it makes it easy to only import that smaller package.

Thanks for the positive comments and the support for 3DForge packages. I am humbled by your comments ;)
    I am a one man show and people like yourself enable me to keep doing what I love doing and I appreciate each purchase.

Thanks
    Cobus

4. virror

virror

Ohhh, not far from done, so thats means we will soon get to see a sneakpeek, right? ; D

S4G4N likes this.
  5. S4G4N

S4G4N

Yip, I want to get it out soon so that I can do a few great small, and large NEW package to just bring in a boost of new sales.
    I am quite sure this Update will also assist with that as well ;)

6. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi everyone,

Some great Village Interiors Kit use examples from Rise of the King by @tango9jeff
    Like the Facebook page, and you will see updates as they are announced.

Cheers
    Cobus

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    kerrmedia, montyfi, kittik and 4 others like this.
  7. docsavage

docsavage

Really nice. The colors look really nice. Would like to know what setup he used for getting the lighting and color match. Great example of the interiors kit real use.

TeagansDad, BackwoodsGaming and S4G4N like this.
  8. magique

magique

The screens look really nice, but I wonder why they completely changed their art style for this game. The original video and images were quite wonderful and gave the game a very unique and beautiful look. Although I like a realistic style and am going for that in my game as well, I think the earlier Rise of the King art style was perfect and a great choice.

9. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi,

My understanding was that they could not find enough of the same style art to satisfy all their needs/requirements
    Some of the artists that they were using art from was not responding or interested in doing small/medium custom requests. Maybe @tango9jeff shed more light on that.

Cheers
    Cobus

Revelation_Jeff likes this.
  10. magique

magique

That's a shame. I was really impressed with the video and the style they were going for.

11. Revelation_Jeff

Revelation_Jeff

Thanks Cobus! Your stuff looks great =)

Magique, the main reason we switched art styles was the lack of available art assets available to produce a compelling large scale outdoor environment. The hand painted style was actually more expensive to produce due to the limited amount of talented people who can produce said assets or were willing. So a realistic style opened the door to a more broad variety of artists who both enjoyed and could produce assets.

The old style was originally developed when our ambitions were quite low for the game design. As that expanded it really started to fall flat. And while I was able to get some nice screenshots, overall the art direction really fell flat when it came to the game running with a day/night cycle.

The new art style gets art out of the bottle neck from the gameplay and allows us to actually produce the game we want. =)

Whippets, docsavage, montyfi and 3 others like this.
  12. virror

virror

Looking forward to seeing more of the game, great use of this asset pack : )

S4G4N and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  13. docsavage

docsavage

Hi @tango9jeff,

Any hints and info on how you produced the really nice lighting and effect? I am on a lighting quest at the moment and that is one of the best real examples of visuals I have seen in my opinion. Is color correction used (just discovered it so clueless about it)?

thanks

14. S4G4N

S4G4N

15. DanFlanaganCodes

DanFlanaganCodes

Hey, guys, I'm a bit confused about something, for some reason the meshes aren't rendering the inside of each wall? Maybe this is part of the package, but for my circumstances I need the inside of the walls rendered, and the image below is what I mean by that.

I am just curious if the walls were made this way or if the standard shader doesn't render them or something.

Whippets and S4G4N like this.
  16. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi there,

Nothing wrong, the Kit is an exteriors Kit, so the normals face outwards.
    The the only way to get it to render both sides is to literally have the surfaces duplicated with the second set flipping the normals to the inside.
    But you will still not be right since the geometry is the provide "Exteriors"

Here are some screenshots showing the Village Exteriors Kit & the Village Interiors Kits working together.

This is done so that you can cull and exclude unwanted data to load and do scene management much more effeciant
    You can though build scenes where you can have seamless build entry with this Basement Web DEMO, with the see though windows, or use one of the many included solid window solutions.
    You will need Firefox to load it

Hope this answers your question

Cheers
    Cobus

TeagansDad likes this.
  17. smada-luap

smada-luap

They're actually "magic" walls - it stops people outside from seeing all your stuff but still allows the occupants to see the world around them and see who may be calling :D

montyfi, TeagansDad and S4G4N like this.
  18. Whippets

Whippets

You caertainly won't regret buying the Interiors pack to go with your Exteriors pack. The amount of content in each pack is jaw dropping.

19. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Oh my god!!! Am I dreaming? I created Castle Interiors last year and never could implement them because of missing exteriors! So eager to build exteriors with your Pack, Cobus!

S4G4N likes this.
  20. S4G4N

S4G4N

No Dream ;)

RonnyDance likes this.
  21. S4G4N

S4G4N

TeagansDad likes this.
  22. virror

virror

I guess there is no chance of seeing this get retextured to fit the exterior pack better? : p
    It seems a bit more cartoony than the exterior/interior pack?
    Other than that it would be a perfect fit for my project : )

S4G4N and kittik like this.
  23. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi,

It also has real world textures used, they not cartoony or hand painted at all.
    @smada luap and several others have been using them together with great success
    Magestorm Reborn & Mage of Hebers are two examples of the top of my head

Have a look at the webdemos, that you can zoom up close and see and make sure it is something you like and will suit your project.
    With the character's glowing staff in hand, you can see in the Top Down demo the normals working.

Cheers
    Cobus

24. virror

virror

Hmm, ok. Maybe its just the fact that all the stuff is so much more colorful that gives that impression : D
    Will buy it and give it a try ; )
    Edit: Im super happy with the exterior kit after all : )

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    S4G4N likes this.
  25. S4G4N

S4G4N

Glad that you happy with the Exteriors Kit
    Thanks for supporting 3DForge assets.

Please check it out, at the end, I can fully understand that each and every package that I make will not be for each and every user. I rather want a happy user then another $22,50 ;););)

Please do not forget to STAR rate and review any of the packages that you do have, like the Interiors & Exteriors kits

Cheers
    Cobus

BackwoodsGaming and TeagansDad like this.
  26. DanFlanaganCodes

DanFlanaganCodes

@S4G4N thanks for that explanation, I feel kinda dumb now, no its all good lol. The way you made the pack is definitely for efficiency then. I love the pack and don't regret it. I have a huge project I have been working on and decided to get your package, and probably the interior kit shortly! I'll be sure to post to this forum and thread with a video and screen shot to show off your package and the project I have done. I'll upload it within the week, I do want to say that I really love your pack and have had my eyes on it for a while.... a long with every other package you've made. Keep up the great work and I love all of your updates!

27. S4G4N

S4G4N

Thanks for all the positive remarks

I am 100% sure you will love the Village Interiors Kit

It comes with 25 Complete Demos scenes. All the screenshots have been taken using those included scenes.
    They are great to use as is or as examples of what can be done.

Be sure to take a look at the BLUEPRINTS on my own website.
    There are 276 FREE buildings already downloadable with a one section that has Combo Buildings that includes interiors and exterior contents, pre-done and ready to use.

Cheers
    Cobus

TeagansDad and Whippets like this.
  28. virror

virror

Cave kit bought ; )

S4G4N likes this.
  29. S4G4N

S4G4N

Just a quick 24 HOURS SALE for the Village Interiors Kit

With 174 X 5 STAR ratings & 74 EXCELLENT written reviews you can not go wrong ;):)

Cheers
    Cobus

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  30. virror

virror

Buying this is on my todo list for the future, not just there yet, need to get some more frameworking done first ; )

Last edited: May 7, 2016
    S4G4N likes this.
  31. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey everyone,

Here is the first YouTube clip for 3DForge of the interiors of a medium sized Inn with a double volume Common Room, Basement to the right, Kitchen, Bar, Stairs going up to some more seating and two large bedrooms.

All the building and props assets are from the Village Interiors Kit

The package is currently discounted with -$10

Cheers
    Cobus

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  32. kittik

kittik

Hey Cobus, looking at some props in the Exterior updates. I don't see any mention of a Spinning Wheel. Is there one already in the kit that I am not seeing? Do you plan on ever making one?

Whippets likes this.
  33. virror

virror

Sounds more like something for interior kit?

34. S4G4N

S4G4N

Either way, it does sound like a fitting asset type

kittik, Whippets and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  35. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi!

Loving this package so far - it's really massive, with lots of ready to use interiors, even a castle and a cathedral!

Here're some screenshots I have produced using the demo scenes and some image effects:

Here're the image effects used:

- HBAO
    - Bloom, Vignetting and Tonemapping (from Unity's Cinematic Image Effects)
    - SMAA (antialias)
    - Beautify (to boost details)

Just wanted to add that the above is just a sample of the massive collection of rooms! Very well done!

jimmikaelkael, kittik, S4G4N and 4 others like this.
  36. S4G4N

S4G4N

WOW, thanks for the post :)
    Beautify does bring out lots of the details and sharpness that I added with the HD texture update a while back.
    Thanks for sharing these screenshots here.

HAHA, you right, these are but 5 of the 25 ready to use included DEMO scenes.

Enjoy, hope to see more from you

Cheers
    Cobus

TeagansDad and Whippets like this.
  37. smada-luap

smada-luap

Decided to do something a little different for the water's edge :)

screen_1920x1080_2016-05-18_18-57-45.jpg

TeagansDad, S4G4N, docsavage and 2 others like this.
  38. Revelation_Jeff

Revelation_Jeff

Hey man,

I'm really sorry for the super late response! I've been on a crazy end of dev. project trying to finish and was unable to do more than work lol =)

What in specific are you wondering for lighting? The key to good lighting I think is a mixture of tweaking the light its self and finding a good image FX set that develops your image better. First off being in the best color mode will help a lot. So here's some general tips:

Player settings:

- Deferred Rendering
    - Linear color space.

Camera:

- Make sure you're using HDR box checked at the top of the camera inspector.

Camera Image FX:

This is a huge part of getting the most out of the final image I find and a key component is finding a good "Color grading" Set. I personally used this one to get me started: It really helps to get your colors to pop and takes away the bland mid-range.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/37668

I'd also recommend checking this out if you don't have it already:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/41369

A good SSAO is key to making your image look more complex and interesting as well. We use SSAO Pro.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/22369

They key is experimentation. You have to play and play and play =) I hope this helps in some way.

39. S4G4N

S4G4N

40. docsavage

docsavage

thanks @tango9jeff, I have a few of those on the wishlist for another day. Thanks for the info.

41. S4G4N

S4G4N

I would like to thank @tango9jeff for this last video of the Exteriors Village scene as well. :););)

42. docsavage

docsavage

It's another nice scene. I like the way the snow goes with the buildings

S4G4N likes this.
  43. S4G4N

S4G4N

The think the thatch roofs maybe trick the eye, being very light colored they don't make it obvious that they dont have snow on them.
    The overall tonemapping and other methods that @tango9jeff uses all just come together to produce a very nicely believable scene with lots of mood and adventure, making you want to walk around and explore.

44. docsavage

docsavage

I was thinking that about the thatch roof. Because you give the textures adding snow is easy enough but any less work is nice.

45. S4G4N

S4G4N

46. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

Thatched roof COTTAGES!!!!!

47. docsavage

docsavage

That's quality:)! And it has succeeded in putting me off building thatched settlements unless you sell fire resistant hay(or whatever grass they use).

BackwoodsGaming, S4G4N and Whippets like this.
  48. docsavage

docsavage

This is a showcase. Really nice. Will have to leave a review tomorrow when less bog eyed.

BackwoodsGaming and S4G4N like this.
  49. S4G4N

S4G4N

Thanks for the compliments and glad that you like it
    The STAR rating and review would be greatly appreciated :);)

Cheers
    Cobus

BackwoodsGaming and Whippets like this.
  50. docsavage

docsavage

Will do a written review tomorrow definitely. I think that these premium blueprint packs are a good idea, and the beauty of the modular system is that you can just swap out roofs etc if want a different look.

I left a some long overdue reviews for some of the other packs today:) All 5 stars but deserved.

Been a very long day play testing levels, productive but I am not up to much now.

doc