Search Unity

3DForge Exteriors

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by S4G4N, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Queue the new release in 3...2...1...

:)

S4G4N likes this.
  2. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey @TommyT

I built some single mesh custom houses and set up for @AdamGoodrich that he will be including with the upcoming release of Gaia.
    One of them is the required Exteriors shell for the FREE Blacksmith's Forge package, so that users will be able to go grab that and use with it if they want to :);)

I might have the first actual "Thatch" screenshots out tonight, if not definitely tomorrow, so almost complete :)

As stated before, the Exteriors Kit will also be submitted with Unity 5 and be 100% Unity 5 Ready.

Cheers
    Cobus

3. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi,

Just wanted to show some single mesh buildings that I put together and sent of to @AdamGoodrich for inclusion into the upcoming Gaia release, that users will receive to have some cool medieval style building to just jump right in and be able to use.

What needs to be noted is that the larger building on the left on the first picture has been provided in two ways.
    One, juts as an outer shell, door fixed
    Two, door deleted with outside the exact size to download and bring in the FREE Blacksmith's Forge Interiors contents and snap it right into place. The Blacksmith's Forge pack comes with doors ;)

Cheers
    Cobus

4. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey everyone,

That post that you have been waiting for :):):)

THATCH PICS !!!!!!

Things to take note of:
    - Frayed edges
    - Dual sided textures
    - Super cool shadows
    - Last pic shows the thatch from underneath, showing lots of the nice detail, which is actually texture, reducing geometry

Now just repeating the process and getting the whole bunch into Unity and give it so you all can have more fun with it.

Cheers
    Cobus

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Interesting. I think the look of it on the stucco looks a little out of place. Perhaps the dirty stucco or wood and stone might look better. Have to try it out and see for myself.

Love the interior look. Wish the current roofs had a wood texture underneath so we didn't have to do that ourselves with planes.

Thanks so much for your continued devotion to making these assets the best on the store

And lastly what's next ? Everyone is thinking it. I'll just ask. Will it be props. Walls ? Something secret ??

S4G4N likes this.
  6. S4G4N

S4G4N

@TommyT
    Props, but will have shorter cylces, becasue I can say do Wagons, carts, farm implements all on one sheet, then submit, then do a next small batch that would be logically on a next sheet and so forth

I have started with the HD texture update for the Tile A Dungeon - Sewer Kit a little while ago, gathering the HD source material :)

Secret project ?, well, it won't be a secret if I told everyone hey hehehe ;)

Cheers
    Cobus

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

One thing I noticed was the stark contrast between interior props and exterior stuff. Like put a barrel from the interiors pack in ten outside or table or chairs etc. the wood looks way different than that of the buildings outside. Hopefully we can snag some that resemble the more outside worn look like it's always be sitting out there in the weather.

8. S4G4N

S4G4N

@TommyT
    That is the exact reason for the Exterior Prop FREE Update, for they would be different for the very reason

9. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi,

Finished all the canopies.
    Two different widths and several lengths of each.
    Also, with poles and with struts against the wall version of each.

Ideal for against walls of houses, castle walls, to serve as storage area, perfect simple barn type feature.
    Add some wooden walls from the decking directory.
    Canopy over house entrance ...

Cheers
    Cobus

10. Deleted User

Deleted User

Do these also have the other two roof types as well?

S4G4N likes this.
  11. S4G4N

S4G4N

@TommyT
    Other two ?

The Broken Edged Wooden Tile is also included yes
    Or what are you referring too ?

Cheers
    Cobus

12. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I think he may be talking about the canopies.. Will they be available in all roof styles or just the thatched? (or are they already available as the other roof styles? so much in the pack already! lol)

13. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Shawn67
    That is indeed a good suggestion, see that is why I love the forums, more clever and creative input.:):):)

I can definitely do some canopies in the other roof styles as well
    Let me see how long the rest of the "Thatch" items take, otherwise they can come with the next update.
    Like with this update, it is not just thatch items in it, so no other updates on the road map has to only have what that update name is.

Thanks for the input ;)

Cheers
    Cobus

14. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yes. Sorry I meant the slate and wooden tiles.

15. S4G4N

S4G4N

@TommyT That is a great suggestion :);)

16. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi,

Most of the dormers for the thatch is in Unity.

3 window sizes in each of the green & yellow glass types for each of the wall textures

Here is a nice example of a house with the lower pitched tries, thatch roof, canopy at front door, canopy on the side and the flatter dormer windows fro the that texture

Cheers
    Cobus

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    Olander and smada-luap like this.
  17. smada-luap

smada-luap

So, is it ready yet? :)

*runs off to hide*

18. S4G4N

S4G4N

19. kittik

kittik

Nice! Will the thatch come in more than one colour? :)

S4G4N likes this.
  20. S4G4N

S4G4N

@kittik that beige biscuit colour that you see in the screenshots will be the default that those assets will come in, but a 2 other colours, #1 a much more dry/grey one and #2 with a touch of green, so can say a whetted moss touched versions will each be included as well. Together with the NEW AO map and the Normal maps for all those.

Cheers
    Cobus

kittik likes this.
  21. Archania

Archania

So going to need a damn picture book of all the stuff to know what is what... so confused in a good way

S4G4N likes this.
  22. Deleted User

Deleted User

@Archania Yeah. Every time I think I have mastered all the folders in the base set I always find something hidden in there that I have not seen just yet. This update is going to rock. I can't way for the lower pitched roofs. I think that will give some variation to our buildings.

S4G4N likes this.
  23. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi all of you,

All the 3D data is in Unity that makes part of this first FREE Update,
    I am now just building some examples of some of the new data so that users can see them being used

Many more will also be delivered via BLUEPRINTS, so if you do not have the package yet, get it, lots of cool stuff dropping in soon to your development rig :);)

Village Exteriors Kit

Cheers
    Cobus

Xoduz and smada-luap like this.
  24. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Hi S4G4N,
    first of all big thx for this awesome asset same for the Interior Kit. I bought the Interior Kit some month a year ago and since 2 weeks I am working on my first big castle. Everything is working great after you find out which prefabs snaps good together and which not ;)

I noticed some prefabs, which are missing in my opinion. It would be great to hear your opinion to it and perhaps see some updates for it also. I hope it's ok to write the interior kit suggestions here, because I did not find a specific thread for it:

- I miss some more Stone / Castle Windows. Right now we only have the wooden windows and the cathedral windows. I used the wooden windows in my castle but since the castle is a very dark stonebased castle the wooden windows do not really fit in. Windows made of stone (well just around, glass should still be there ;)) like the cathedral windows but in form of the normal wooden windows would be great.
    - Another suggestion regarding windows. More "normal" glass types would be really great. Same like the wooden windows the glass type of them does not fit really in my castle. I mean I am missing some simply transparent milky glass without much colors. If I decide to use cathedral windows I just have this big pretty colorfull windows in yellow, red and blue.
    I am searching more for transparent like windows that of course should not be completely transparent but with a milky perhaps rainy touch, well like in normal castles you know ;)
    - Some free space in the walls with transparent windows to take a look to an outside terrain is pretty hard I suppose?
    - And the last suggestion: I am really missing mirrors in the Props / Furniture folder. They dont need a Mirror effect but a mirror on the wall is really missing if I create a bedroom with a wooden desk and chair in it.

Hope the suggestions are not too crazy or impossible to make.

Thanks again for this great asset. The exterior kit will be bought after my interiors and castles are finished :)

Keep up the good work S4G4N!
    Ronny

kittik and S4G4N like this.
  25. S4G4N

S4G4N

@RonnyDance Thanks for the feedback and suggestions I did not add any see though type windows to the interiors kit since it is interiors and if I started to add that, the requests would possibly have grown and migrated into including more exteriors type items to the Village Interiors Kit.

One of the big factors is that most users only wanted to show Interiors, so to force unwanted data load onto a package is silly, that is why the Interiors can be sued very well standalone and the Exteriors the same.
    You dont want to run around in the outdoors and be forced to load intern data that you might never or very seldom see.
    users can choose how they want to manage that and do seamless open the door and walk in, or click door and load new scene and in this way give full flexibility to you the user to chose what you want.

The Interiors Kit will still get more future features added, the door is not closed on that, so I will keep these mentioned items in mind when I do that.

Like with the Village Interiors Kit, this Village Exteriors Kit will also receive many FREE Updates the the Thatch one that is landing VERY soon.

So you can purchase so long, play with it and forward suggestions so long and help shape that which you will be using.
    Better to add suggestions sooner than later to try get them all done that can be.

Thanks for your continued support in purchasing and using 3DForge packages.
    Please don't forget to STAR rate and review any of my packs that you do have :);)

Cheers
    Cobus

RonnyDance likes this.
  26. S4G4N

S4G4N

YEHAAA!!!! IT IS DONE !!!!

Just counting meshes/prefabs and all that jaz for addition to the release notes then I submit.

Cheers
    Cobus

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    Xoduz, EDarkness and kittik like this.
  27. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Thank you S4G4N for the fast response.
    I already thought about the transparent Window issue regarding interiors and exteriors and of course it makes sense.
    It will get pretty interessesting to see how I create a castle exterior after creating the whole interior^^. I am pretty sure that I will not find out of the box solutions ;)

The transparent look is also not so important for me. Milky glasses or simply grey window glasses would be a sufficent addition if you ask me.
    And of course more props like wall mirrors (without mirror effect), wall images like portraits, round beds and stuff like that.

Cheers

EDarkness and S4G4N like this.
  28. UltraTM

UltraTM

Will show some screenshots soon from player housing (build ingame) my small town and my farm i build in the editor :)

S4G4N likes this.
  29. Deleted User

Deleted User

Would you be offended if the community posted some suggestions here for the next kit?

If it's going to be village accessories these are on my wish list

New barrels and crates using outside textures. Perhaps just retexture current ones.

Outside tables and chairs

A town well with some options like roof on off. Rope up or down.

Wagons and some hay bales and some half done stacks

Small carts

Flags and banners

Merchant tables with cloth covered roofs. We can use food items perhaps from inside pack

Piles of coiled rope

A block and tackle that can be attached to something with and without rope

Street posts some with lanterns attached

Cloth tents different sizes and shapes

Loose wheels

Buckets using outside textures

What else can you guys think of?

AdamGoodrich and S4G4N like this.
  30. Teila

Teila

Tommy, a lot of that stuff is already in the interior kit. Barrels, buckets, maybe rope....check it out, well worth the money.

If you look at the first post, some of your suggestions are already on the list: carts and wagons for sure.

I think that the street posts with lantern are somewhere..I seem to remember seeing it.

I realize you want the barrels with the outside textures. Why do you want barrels to match the houses? They were often made with a different kind of wood. Also, the wood was soaked in water so it would bend for the barrel, most likely changing the texture. I rather like that it is different from the exterior house wood.

AdamGoodrich and S4G4N like this.
  31. Xoduz

Xoduz

Here are some suggestions - take or leave any or all :)

Inside:
    • Counters with tiling counter-tops, so you can combine several into one long counter without having visible seams on top
    • More variety in fireplaces and ovens - different colored stone/bricks, different styles, different sizes
    • Some beds with less fancy, more plain (or even dirty) bed covers. Think peasants, or shady inns along little travelled roads
    • More containers for liquid! Jugs, mugs, bottles of assorted sizes, shapes and colors
    • More variety in food items: Fruits (apples, oranges, pears, plums, bananas, pineapples), vegetables (pumpkins, lettuce, watermelons), eggs
    • Trophies for walls, with heads of bears, wolves, deer, dragons, orcs, humans (to be fair to the orcs), etc
    • Arches for adding some curves (Example-image) - but less luxurius than this :p
    • Medieval bathtubs! (Example-image)
    • Old and/or broken furniture
    • Paintings. Portraits. Landscapes. Use famous paintings now in public domain, or paint some yourself :p
    • Treasure! Gold! Gems! Jewellery! Diamond-encrusted idols of worship! Chests full of rubies and pearls!
    Outside:
    • Ruined/burnt versions (double-sided) of walls/roofs, for those burnt out witch cottages in the woods or old abandoned village/town district (Example-image)
    • Stone walls that tile, without the need for beams and "frames" (Example-image)
    • Stone fences/walls, the type you see along countryside roads/fields... rocks piled on top of one another in a stable but not necessarily pretty manner :p (Example-image)
    • Grass roof! Thick, green grass. Flowers and assorted other plants (and goats) optional. (Example-image)
    • Fountains of various shapes and sizes
    Both/Either:
    • More types of doors. Light wood, dark wood, plain doors, cheap doors, doors with ornamations, metal doors, stone doors
    • Stone door-frame for doors with rounded tops - traditional fantasy RPG doorways basically, with stones up along each side of door, meeting in an arch above the door
    • Lanterns with see-through glass, with visible lightsource inside (or we can add those ourselves, as long as glass is there)
    • L-shaped stone stairs (indoor and/or outdoor) - need something for those dungeons/damp cellars
    • Water troughs. For horses and drunk knights/squires.

S4G4N likes this.
  32. Teila

Teila

S4G4N likes this.
  33. Acissathar

Acissathar

I don't have anything specific, I just want more toys in the toy-box :)

S4G4N and Teila like this.
  34. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Yup.. Like @Teila said, a lot of this stuff is already planned. I think we went through a lot of suggestion posts like this early on in the thread and that is where the huge update roadmap came from. But somewhere in the first 3 or 4 pages of the thread are a lot of posts suggesting pretty much everything you guys suggested.. Not sure of the block and tackle, but I think it was in there as well. :)

Teila likes this.
  35. EDarkness

EDarkness

Downloaded the new update and got all excited because I saw some low walls for low angled roofs. Unfortunately, there weren't any low angled roofs. :(

At least the new thatched roofs look pretty good.

36. Xoduz

Xoduz

Teila and S4G4N like this.
  37. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi everyone,

I would like to announce that the
    Thatch Update is LIVE!!!

I will post lots of screenshots during the day but go grab the update or buy it and have fun.

@TommyT @Xoduz @Acissathar
    Thanks for the extra ideas & requests
    The Props pack is what is next in line to get done.
    I am going to do several updates for that, as in not wait till they ALL done before submission.
    If the say Wagons, Carts and such is done I submit, if the next section is done I submit, so that you can have the prefabs sooner.

@EDarkness
    This was a " Thatch " update with them being the lower angled roofs, they also have their own set of dormers and flat roofs for those two done and exported.
    I did not say I am redoing all the existing roofs as low angled, but I can look at that in future.

Cheers
    Cobus

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    kittik, AdamGoodrich, Olander and 4 others like this.
  38. smada-luap

smada-luap

Add me to the list of those who will wait [patiently] for these to come through :D

S4G4N likes this.
  39. S4G4N

S4G4N

@smada luap @EDarkness
    I will still be adding completely flat modular roofs in the road map as well
    But at the moment I am sticking to the road map as this is what was indicated users wanted

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  40. EDarkness

EDarkness

Well, if you can provide the roof pieces, then I can manually make the roofs I need. It'll save time. Having the roof connecting piece that is long enough to stretch the length of the roof would be enough. There are single sided roof parts already, so I can just angle those to get the look I want. Since the "tries" are already there, it's just a matter of getting the roof angled right. Don't get me wrong, there's a place for roofs with such a steep angle, but I'd really prefer to have them not so steep. At the angle my game is, they just block more of the player's view than anything else.

41. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Ditto.. It would be nice if a new roof type or wall type or (insert other type here) is added, that any existing styles would be applied to the new one as well. Without it, it makes the kit feel somewhat incomplete (if that makes sense). It kinda goes back to our discussion about the half walls not having all the wall textures or not having walls in the interior kit that match the exterior walls (since walls with windows show both an interior and exterior it makes it difficult to make matching interior walls if you don't have that wall available kind of thing).... hope that makes sense.. :)

S4G4N likes this.
  42. Teila

Teila

I LOVE the thatch roofs and will wait patiently for the rest of them. I can see you put in a ton of work and cannot wait to use them in my game.

THANK YOU!!! :D

The rest of you, take time out of your "I want this" and "You didn't give me that", and appreciate that this guy is working so hard to please all of us. He gets joy out of our happiness when he releases something new.

Now...post how grateful you are to him!! He is a fabulous developer, not just because of his great art sets, but because he is a nice man who involves all of us in the process. Time to spend a little time crowing over his new release!!!!!

And remember..the first pack was worth the money. All this stuff is just icing on the cake. He gets no more money for anything else he adds. That to me is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

43. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Teila It is my pleasure, I love what I do, I really have fun investing back into products when I learn more and will always improve the packs as time allows.
    What package on the AS will ever really be complete ? :):):)
    That was only the first of many updates ;)

Cheers
    Cobus

44. Acissathar

Acissathar

I agree with you completely, Cobus has to be the best asset developer I have ever interacted with. He is quick to respond, pumps out additional content for free, and is willing to assist in any way he can.

Olander, Teila and S4G4N like this.
  45. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have to say. I don't recall anyone acting ungrateful for the updates. I think we all apreciate The hard work he does. People joke around about when is this done or whatever. I think the big thing is since the first update took a long time to come out people got frustrated and antsy. Esp those of us who have been part of the first set and saw it grow so quickly.

I remember posting similar thing earlier on as well but up until recently this forum was dead for a while with everyone waiting with baited breath for the new release to come out. I thought it would be fun to see what people thought. My apologies. I will keep my comments as such to myself from here on out.

Also. I have to say I was under the assumption that the lower roofs were going to be for all sets when this dropped and I'd be lying if I wasn't slightly disappointed to not see them there.

In any event. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks again for the updates. And sorry to anyone whom I have offended with any previous posting.

S4G4N likes this.
  46. S4G4N

S4G4N

@TommyT :):):)

No one is upset about anything, some users started by only commenting what they assumed would be there but did not find, that gave the appearance of unhappiness.

I can surely not produce what someone assumed would be produced. That is why there is a road map that get fleshed out every-time so that I know what to do, and you know what will be delivered :);):)

I did state that I am going to keep to the road map but can look at that later, the door is not closed on that, just not what is planned right now ;)

Other users picked up on this and merely stated there satisfaction with the update and the package overall,.
    That the package even just as v1.0 was very good and worth the money.

The forum was quite because I had to focus on getting the last leg done and submission of large art packs themselves is a huge task.

Cheers
    Cobus

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  47. Xoduz

Xoduz

I have a question concerning some of the furniture found in the Interiors pack. Should I take it to the dedicated (but abandoned since july) interior kit thread, or put it here - since this seems to have become your thread for everything? ^^

S4G4N likes this.
  48. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Xoduz Please go ahead :):):)
    I think managing everything Interiors/Exteriors is 100% cool in one spot

49. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Yup.. I don't think anyone is dissatisfied.. And I don't think anyone has been ungrateful. Cobus has kind of set the bar high with the quality and amount of time he puts into his assets. I think when someone sees something new added but the parts are added to fit all the available styles, it is a natural order of events to request it to be added. I think that is all people were doing. Like Cobus said, this was mainly the thatched update. So if he chooses to add the others, they can be done later in the pipeline. I think everyone is good with that process. The value is definitely there.

Personally, I think he should be raising the kit's price with each of the updates he does. With everything he adds to these kits, they are definitely worth a LOT more than the price he is charging. Look at everything that is in the interiors kit after all the updates. I think it is priced ridiculously low for everything that comes with it compared to other kits that are out there. It goes to show that this is a labor of love with him and not all about the dollar.

If I ever say anything that sounds ungrateful, I hope Cobus knows me well enough by now to know that isn't the case. Anything I say, I say in the hopes that it helps to benefit his kits and he is free to do what he wishes with my suggestions. :)

EDIT: Oh, one thing I noticed Cobus.. You don't have an asset store link in the first post of the thread. Might be good to add a Buy Here type link for new people finding the thread for the first time... ;)

S4G4N likes this.
  50. Xoduz

Xoduz

Alrighty!

Fake edit before I post: Actually my question is null and void. I was going to ask what the difference between certain tables were, that looked identical to my eye... until just now when I noticed some of them have gaps between the wood :p Nevermind, I have no question, sorry! :)

S4G4N likes this.