Search Unity

3DForge Exteriors

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by S4G4N, Apr 6, 2015.

1. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi everyone,

Some more screenshot, also showing some excellent examples of Top Down game use

These building are all from the FREE BLUEPRINTS for the Village Exteriors Kit

Thank you @AdamGoodrich for developing Gaia, it really delivers excellent environmental results

Cheers
    Cobus

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    Teila, BackwoodsGaming and Acissathar like this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey I see a wagon and a bale of hay there @Cobus. Are you teasing us here. :)

3. S4G4N

S4G4N

@TommyT These screenshots came from @AdamGoodrich
    He used some props from another package

BUT :):):), that is the kind of things that is in the second FREE Update
    2.Outdoors Props Pack

Cheers
    Cobus

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  4. S4G4N

S4G4N

OK everyone :);) ,

The update will add Ambient Occlusion maps as well as being Unity 5 Ready.
    First screenshots of contents being added with the first FREE Update on the road map from the first post

1 Unit wide wooden roofs with all extensions, T, L & X modules for 1 - 2- 3 -4 -5 wide roofs

Broken edged roof Style " f " >> 1 - 2- 3 -4 -5 wide roofs

Extended Modular frames to add smaller extensions that are walkable interiors wise.

More coming soon.

Cheers
    Cobus

5. smada-luap

smada-luap

Just imagine how weird the building may look like if you used all of these like this. :D

S4G4N likes this.
  6. S4G4N

S4G4N

@smada luap
    The funny things is, with the newly extended modular frames I think you can even:)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    smada-luap likes this.
  7. EDarkness

EDarkness

That's cool. I'll be able to redo one of the buildings I made with the new frame and roof setup. Are we going to get roofs with lower angles, too?

S4G4N likes this.
  8. S4G4N

S4G4N

@EDarkness if you look at the road map on the first post you will see, I am right at this moment busy exporting the flat top dormers, I know you specifically will love them (will post pics when they done)
    Then the 6 wall textures types the lower pitched "tries" to accommodate the lower roofs
    I am adding the lower sloped Thatch first, I will see how long that takes then add the wooden and slate type A as a first

But first priority is Thatch, for that will also get the high angled versions :):):)

EDarkness and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Nice I'm excited. Love to see gabel roof pieces as well to do the little square tower like where you church bell hangs. :)

Or great to use larger ones on top of misc tower like gaurd towers.

S4G4N likes this.
  10. S4G4N

S4G4N

@TommyT
    I think I can output smaller ones even for decorative purposes :):):)

11. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Hey! Not sure that idea has been tossed out yet.. little church type steeples with the bells that could be put on top of the houses to make small village churches when you have little settlements that wouldn't have a huge cathedral type thing.. Or if you have a small village of monks/clerics... Great idea @TommyT!

S4G4N likes this.
  12. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Shawn67 @TommyT
    That is exactly what I will do.
    So far I have built all the parts to be walkable, meaning they work inside and outside 100%.
    But there will be a selection of stuff that is just cool and very " Medievally "
    Lest call them Snap-ons that I will have prefabs in that will just be cools stuff that give character and flavor to your creations.

AdamGoodrich and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  13. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi,

They came out very nice, going add nice extra variety for roofs.

Most of the flat top dormer windows are in Unity.
    - 6 Wall texture types
    - 1 - 2 - 3 Window sizes
    - Wooden tiles
    - Slate tiles

Cheers
    Cobus

14. S4G4N

S4G4N

YAAAY !!!
    All the dormer windows are in Unity

Now doing lower sloped tries for the thatch roofs

Cheers
    Cobus

Acissathar and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  15. smada-luap

smada-luap

I was going to jokingly ask why you weren't done yet until I went back to the first page to look over what you'd already done so far and realised then just how much more is being added into the next update :)

16. S4G4N

S4G4N

@smada luap
    I just now finished adding the lower sloped tries that are getting the thatch roofs.
    These lower sloped roofs will also get the dormers with thatch.

They are basically half the angle of the existing, so with the
    - New flat top dormers and the thatch and all all the new jagged edges roofs, the results will just be great.

I want each FREE Updates to really add great value, not just a few trinkets but rather a big asset gain for package owners
    I want them each to be a new present :):):)

as stated before the Blue prints will every-time grow since there are new "LEGO' parts to add to the mix

Cheers
    Cobus

Teila likes this.
  17. Deleted User

Deleted User

Very nice. Will be great to add some varied roof pitches to the buildings.

I noticed the stone and wooden walls kit is way down on the list. Hopefully that's not the actual order. :)

My nice little town could be invaded by goblins at any moment. :)

AdamGoodrich and S4G4N like this.
  18. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Kinda hard to put an order to things.. Everything has its importance level to someone.. Without cemeteries, where will our town bury their dead? Without markets, where will our town trade stuff? Without harbors where will our fishermen/women work or travelers travel from? I don't envy Cobus having to try to prioritize what comes next. Luckily I'm not fighting a deadline, so easy for me to wait regardless of the order.. heheh I'm just glad thatched was one of the first.. And props is high on the list. That way at least I can start putting together basics. Other than castles and cathedrals, I wish they were all already done. I don't really have castles/cathedrals in my system so can take or leave those, but I know they are important to some folks too.. heheh

EDarkness and S4G4N like this.
  19. EDarkness

EDarkness

I know what you mean. I'm really in serious need of curbs since I'm working on a city right now. Everyone is in need of something different so how to make sure everyone is satisfied? Don't envy Cobus.

S4G4N likes this.
  20. Whippets

Whippets

Holiday nearly over - but thought I'd add my bit...
    Low angle thatch with all the usual Ts, inner and outer 90 degree corners for me please ;)

Back soon

Teila and S4G4N like this.
  21. S4G4N

S4G4N

22. EDarkness

EDarkness

Just wanted to add that I'm really looking forward to the low roof options. For some of my buildings, the low roof would just be better. Can't wait to mess around with them.

S4G4N likes this.
  23. Teila

Teila

Love love love the low roof angles!! Those will be so useful. Thank you, Cobus! Looking forward to the thatch too. :)

S4G4N and Whippets like this.
  24. Whippets

Whippets

Instantly 2 racial architectural styles just from the roof slopes. Going to make multi-race fantasy habitation so easy.

S4G4N and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  25. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi,

In the spirit of getting even more than what you thought/expected :):)
    Just finished adding some more very exciting parts to the contents that for the first FREE Update for the
    Village Exteriors Kit

Do you wonder why you got all the half-walls, 1.4 & 1/2 floor tiles with the compatibility update delivered to the Village Interiors Kit

Now you know :)

I planned to have such Bay-window type extensions added into the Village Exteriors Kit and wanted them walkable as interiors.
    2 Units wide, 3 Units wide, 4 Units Wide in
    - Stone01
    - Stone02
    - Wood02
    They just add more character and really a great looking medieval type addition

Cheers
    Cobus

Whippets, EDarkness and Archania like this.
  26. Teila

Teila

A little window seat in the bay. How sweet!

S4G4N likes this.
  27. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Teila Yeah, just think of the inside, a bed and small table can fit into that, or a table and chair and a nice open window

Teila likes this.
  28. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Any chance they will be added to match all the wall types? Inevitably someone is going to build a house with a different wall type and if you don't make them for all the available wall types, it may not look right.. :)

S4G4N likes this.
  29. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Shawn67
    Hehe, of course, included the Village Exteriors Update v1. will be base flames for all these sizes that you can grab and slap in any of the existing wall parts

Cheers
    Cobus

Teila likes this.
  30. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I guess that was my point... Some of the half wall pieces are missing for certain wall types... Wood01 is the one that I noticed, but their might have been others. Interiors kit is missing the horizontal boarded walls as a wall type too. I ended up having to change my bungalow that I was building to use the vertical board walls so I could get interior walls that matched..

S4G4N and EDarkness like this.
  31. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Shawn67 Cool, that one of the left that is in will open up using any of the Exteriors wall textures
    I am in fact also giving those base wood & stone strips you see on the screenshot above on the second, third & forth ones as loos "clip-ons" as well so that if you feel like, you could add them wherever you want

32. UltraTM

UltraTM

Would be nice to also get some Farm stuff and things which you need for an village hehe :)

S4G4N likes this.
  33. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Check out the roadmap.. Props are next after he finishes the thatched roof stuff. Not sure everything he has in mind for the props pack (since some props will most likely be saved for some of the future packs on the list), but feel free to suggest some of the stuff you feel are missing... :)

S4G4N likes this.
  34. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey @UltraTM first time see you posting on the thread, welcome :)

With the thatch texture you going to be able to have much more farm looking houses and outbuildings for sure.
    I will make sure either in the release or via BLUEPRINTS that there will be some cool pre-done ones for all package owners.

PS (Have you grabbed the 100 FREE BLUEPRINTS already available)

With the props and some of the Unique buildings you going to get lots of those
    Thanks update coming soon, hope to have the last part mostly done on the weekend

:):)Don't forget to rate and review you 3DForge purchases;);)

Cheers
    Cobus

Whippets and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  35. UltraTM

UltraTM

Hey S4G4N,

thx :)

Yes i grabbed them. Its so awesome to build that stuff up. I also have the Interior Pack. Cause im building the ingame house stuff for my MMORPG with your pack.
    Only thing is need to rebuild an change a lot of interior stuff to get it work also with multiple floor houses.
    The floor is invisibel you can look thru and such stuff. Need to copy the floor and flip it around. But then i have a lot of objects again instead of 2 renderd graohics for floors.

S4G4N likes this.
  36. S4G4N

S4G4N

@UltraTM Great that you have both, they work very well together.

After the first FREE Update for the Village Exteriors Kit is live and submitted with Unity 5 Ready
    I will also start to have Blueprints for Interiors as well as Interiors & Exterior Combos

You welcome to post some screenshots here or of the 3DForge Facebook page of your project :)

Cheers
    Cobus

37. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

One of the things I'm wondering about is the possibility of building the houses and then baking them into a single model somehow. Not sure if something like Mesh Baker (or something similar) would work for that or not. But the building custom houses and worrying about all the pieces has been a concern I've had as well. Not just floors, but walls, roofs, beams, and other static parts as well. Not even sure if it is an issue or not, but it is at least something I've thought about.. lol

S4G4N likes this.
  38. S4G4N

S4G4N

I remember @Olander posted about that and gave good advice on that.
    I am also going to output larger prefabs, as in walls that consist of 2,3,4,5 long parts, even walls for a whole single floor
    That will be walls and frame for one floor as a single mesh, meaning you house can have that, the two tries and roof, so technically 4 meshes for a complete house.

Concerning Exteriors he said that you do not even need LOD's becasue of how optimized the meshes were already

39. UltraTM

UltraTM

And we will remake the textures. Cause we are using an fantasy style in our game. This is ultra hd realistic.
    of course very cool, But not everyone makes an game which looks like reallife hehe :)

Or would you make some fantasy styled painted textures maybe also ? So the user could drop in the materials they would use real or painted style. I use the styl like in the Top Down Interior pack for example.

And we use also the LOD group with only 1 LOD level but to use the culling for the objects. Saves a lot of performance

S4G4N likes this.
  40. S4G4N

S4G4N

@UltraTM I love Michael O's style myself.
    I have not even tried that yet but is one of the things I want to still teach myself in future.
    Thanks for supporting 3DForge assets, I will keep them coming :)

41. Deleted User

Deleted User

How is everyone doing with the set ? I've got about 90% of my town done and it's looking amazing. The only tweaking I've been doing is to remove all the box and mesh collider a and add 1 large box collider over the building. Someone earlier said that would help with the frame rates because of less physics calls.

I'm sure once we get some of these amazing assets I'll tweak some of the buildings. Also can't wait for the Gaia to help me do a cool terrain to put it in.

S4G4N likes this.
  42. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey @TommyT ,

Had interruptions end of last week and on the weekend
    You going to laugh but they really out of my control
    First, no running water for 2 days,
    then when that came on and all fine,
    Then no electricity for almost a day
    Have a family to take care of so those things take first priority, but am working right now and the Thatch Update is almost done and you going to love the next batch of pics just before release

Cheers
    Cobus

43. Archania

Archania

No more pics.. we want to update to provide you with pics :)

BackwoodsGaming and S4G4N like this.
  44. docsavage

docsavage

A water main near us keeps bursting. Filling pans and kettles with water is becoming a habit:)
    Glad you back on the grid

45. S4G4N

S4G4N

@docsavage crappy when things like municipal water and electricity you except as normally there and in place, just be there suddenly gone

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
    Teila likes this.
  46. UltraTM

UltraTM

@S4G4N can you maybe help then to generate the normal maps ?
    cause we are editing the dif maps but dont know how to get the normal maps of this.

Would be awesome. Then i can also make some screens what is all done able with your pack :)

Or you can tell or show me how to generate them ^^ THX

S4G4N likes this.
  47. Teila

Teila

UltraTM, you can use some outside tools. If you are editing textures, you should have Photoshop or Gimp. Look for a plugin that can be used to make normal maps. Just do a google search and after you download the plugin, look at where to install it. Should be easy enough. :)

S4G4N likes this.
  48. vedinislamovic

vedinislamovic

49. UltraTM

UltraTM

@Teila yes i know such plugins and stuff but it always look a way different if you try to make it for an texture which allready has an normal map it always look wierd^^

And i know Photoshop and that stuff. We are curently creating an CMS for Atavism. which i will announce soon on the Atavism Forums. I have an Webdesign Company. But 3D is new for me. And the 3D programs like Blender and Maya will generate that maps in the correct way :)

50. Teila

Teila

Ahh, then I suggest getting Blender or Maya and watching some videos on how to do it. :) If you change the texture, then you need an entirely new normal. The old one won't work so you can toss that.

I must be misunderstanding what you are trying to do. If the original normal was created using 3d sculpted models, then yes, you will get better results baking a normal from a 3d model. But Photoshop, CrazyBump, or other programs that make normals off of photographs will work find for 3dForge since that is how I believe the normals were made in the first place.

Maybe you mean atlases? In this case, I am sure you can do them in Maya or Blender. There are lots of tutorials out there.