Search Unity

3DForge Exteriors

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by S4G4N, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Teila

Teila

Way to go, Cobus! :)

S4G4N likes this.
  2. Wylaryzel

Wylaryzel

:):)
    Now we have only to wait for the AS-Team to approve :)

S4G4N likes this.
  3. S4G4N

S4G4N

Excitedly waiting :):):)

Whippets likes this.
  4. smada-luap

smada-luap

Corrected your post for you :D

S4G4N likes this.
  5. DoubleLee

DoubleLee

6. S4G4N

S4G4N

it is available !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick- and AdamGoodrich like this.
  7. SecretAnorak

SecretAnorak

Almost broke my mouse as I scrambled to hit the buy button. Wonderful work, well done sir!

S4G4N likes this.
  8. S4G4N

S4G4N

ROFL @smada luap

It is more than 4 months work there, loooooong hours, right at this moment I am very tired :):):)
    But at the same time very excited to see what users come up with.

Almost all the data shown was for buildings that the interiors will work in.

There is so much that can be done when you take this, and start to push things into the building or snap on, like the dormar windows ans such.

I am planning a lot of the cool snap-ons / that you just add, not be concerned with what happens on the inside, fir that will make for such nice buildings.

And then of course awaiting confidently but still nervous for the first reviews to come in :)

Have to just wait :):):)

Cheers
    Cobus

AdamGoodrich and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  9. Archania

Archania

No rest. Get onto the other stuff now!
    Lol
    Ok just bought. So go have a beer or 12 :)

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    S4G4N likes this.
  10. Wylaryzel

Wylaryzel

Wow - one of the fastest acceptances by the AS-Team...very cool. Have to wait until I come home.. the current connection is too slow :-(

Edit: Btw, as I didn't recognize it. Would it be possible to add heightmap textures at least for the terrain textures? If using the right shader, you can get even more nice transitions between the splat textures.

Thx

S4G4N likes this.
  11. S4G4N

S4G4N

@SecretAnorak
    I am surprised myself, but very glad for everyone to have it and do stuff on the weekend.

Can more people please look at the FREE UPDATE road map and reply with there preferred order of getting them out

Interiors HD first though

And please come show your building creations here, please would love to see them.

Cheers
    Cobus

12. S4G4N

S4G4N

What you people think of the live web demos by the way

13. Whippets

Whippets

Time to move to a new thread as this isn't a wip any more :)

S4G4N likes this.
  14. Wylaryzel

Wylaryzel

I second Whippets suggestion - we should open a new thread in the Asset Store SubForum and may Cobus moves his 1st Thread over there :)

S4G4N likes this.
  15. smada-luap

smada-luap

You sound like an admin :)

S4G4N likes this.
  16. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Congrats on the release! Now release the swarm with their money to the store!!!!! heheh

S4G4N likes this.
  17. DoubleLee

DoubleLee

I'm honored to give this package it's first 5 star review. Here's to many more to follow! :D

S4G4N likes this.
  18. Parallaxe

Parallaxe

Congratulations, Cobus. Needless to say that I just purchased as well (-;

S4G4N likes this.
  19. BaxtardWorm

BaxtardWorm

fantastic tomorrow I put avatism 2.4 and iil my terrestrial ultra giant and beginning to build villages if great Cobus tnx

S4G4N likes this.
  20. Arcanor

Arcanor

purchased! thanks for such diligent work on this cobus! :)

S4G4N likes this.
  21. Teila

Teila

Sorry, I was knee deep in UMA when it was posted but thanks to my friends, I was informed! :) Purchased it and will play with it later tonight and maybe this weekend. We are remodeling the house and my dear hubby is home for the weekend so he makes me work. I am sure I will squeeze in a few hours.

Thanks for all your hard work on this, Cobus. :)

S4G4N likes this.
  22. Teila

Teila

I have been told you want us to list our preferences on the upcoming additions.

I think I posted mine but will do so again:

* Thatch Roof texture (really need these)
    - Castles & Cathedrals Exteriors Kit
    * Unique buildings
    - Windmills
    - Waterwheel
    - Sawmill / Lumberyard
    * Notice/Message board & signs

S4G4N likes this.
  23. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Congrats Cobus. The fantastic community response here reflects the quality, and value you provide. I will be purchasing when i get up today as well. Nice work mate :)

S4G4N likes this.
  24. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Now we need to all move to your thread and bug you on your terrain asset and let Cobus catch his breath... heheh

S4G4N and AdamGoodrich like this.
  25. S4G4N

S4G4N

I want to express my greatest thank you to @smada luap @Shawn67 @Wylaryzel @Whippets @DoubleLee @darkrurik @Arcanor @Archania @Teila @LadyAth @skwiggs1983 @spryx @b4c5p4c3 @sanuvin @Parallaxe @AdamGoodrich @Archanor @nasos_333 @nosyrbllewe @Jimmy P @Olander @docsavage @Frogger007 @Dapeos @Acissathar @thoughtcrime @Deity Zeke @kittik @gromerr @Tayer @VisualEnemy @SecretAnorak

Each and every comment, chat and suggestion has helped shape this great collection of prefabs.
    You have something in your hands now to help build your dream / game / company.

But the next phase is starting now.
    I am getting the HD update for the Interiors Kit done while attending this forum and will be compiling the road map in order of importance according to user feedback and add it to the first post in such fashion so that there can be worked through and further input will help shape it.

Don't all disappear, for this is one of the main areas where the extra value will be added, the large contents updates.

Thanks again all for the great support, I am humbled by the response from the Unity Community:):):)

PS
    Donit forget to rate and review once you have had a look at the contents, I always say that it really assist especially new users to make good informed choices when spending their money.

There are SOOO MANY prefabs, if you do see something that needs attention, please email me on info@3dforge.co.za, please don't use the review section for reporting bugs :) I am only one person and would appriate reporting so that I can fine tune the package

Cheers
    Cobus

26. smada-luap

smada-luap

I've grabbed this and am downloading it now.

Doubt I'll be able to have a proper poke around it until tomorrow, maybe even Sunday :( but if so, it looks like this weekend could be fun :) lol

S4G4N likes this.
  27. smada-luap

smada-luap

Decided to have a quick look before I called it a night.

Dropped one of the pre-built houses onto the terrain, altered the basement so that the entrance was along the side of the house and not at the back, and did a bit of landscaping near the steps leading up to the door :)

Will have a more detailed exploration over the weekend :D

screenshot50.jpg screenshot51.jpg screenshot52.jpg screenshot53.jpg

Olander, Teila, AdamGoodrich and 2 others like this.
  28. S4G4N

S4G4N

@smada luap
    Hey man,
    Thank for sharing you project here. I knew those drag & drop buildings will come in handy for quick testing especially.
    That plaster being much lighter, it is great to see how it picks up on the lighting system of Unity 5 and make it look like it fits right in and blends into the game scene

Cheers
    Cobus

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  29. Olander

Olander

Purchased and checked in game. Everything looks great. I placed a house in my tester scene with Time of Day lighting and works very well. I did modify your normal map power on fe_village_base to 1.25 for a very much improved look at both Day and Night. I ran my weather system and everything worked and splashed just fine as well.

Excellent! *bows*

30. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Olander Great !!!
    Glad that you like what you see, I have to assume that users will run modified versions of the normals and textures themselves, becasue we all have different tastes.

I did tone the main normal down after first tests, for things really was Too bumpy to my own taste, but it is easy for users to add and customize to the level that they satisfied or the way they think it should be to fit their project.

Show some screenshots of the results if you may, I am very interested in the cool whether tools that you have, I things extra bells & wistles like that really adds so much more realism to a project :):):)

31. docsavage

docsavage

Hi Cobus.

Congratulations on getting VE finished. If google earth shows up a real Viking village in South Africa then we know it has sold extremely well !!!! :)

Bought it. Looks really nice. Love those transparent windows. Having inside lights all pouring out and interacting with the scene is very nice. To quote Galaxy Quest - 'It's the simple things in life you cherish'

Had a quick scan through the docs but could do with some pointers on using with village interiors, ie. best practice.

I also have MeshMaker by Alan Bayliss (really great asset, that and probuilder really work a treat. I can recommend both) and I used the mesh tools to rescale and edit some of the building prefabs. It worked fantastic and opens up more possibilities. Only problem was the textures were not playing nicely when trying to rescale. Any ideas?

Again congrats

32. S4G4N

S4G4N

@docsavage

Thanks for purchasing the package :)

Yeah, taking and manipulating the assets can be fun too.

What do you mean by "Only problem was the textures were not playing nicely when trying to rescale. Any ideas?"

Waht did they do?
    All the models are standard .fbx files, I had a quick look over on the mesh-maker tool, looks like it has great potential.
    Maybe when it does the copy and past of the 3D data, it fiddles with the UV coordinates that will cause what you discribed

Please email me a pic to info@3dforge.co.za to assist in better understanding what it is doing.

Cheers
    Cobus

33. docsavage

docsavage

99.99% sure it's me doing something wrong. As a 1 man band I am trying to learn everything about game dev and have not studied textures enough. It's getting nearer as the game is coming together more now and placeholder and vertex coloured objects need to be replaced. I will have look at it and contact you if encounter any problems.

You are right about manipulating the assets it is a lot of fun. I turned one of the single storey village houses into a good sized bungalow with minimum fuss. Looked really smart. With a modern brick texture village exteriors can easily become something more modern.

One of the many good things about your packs is they are very adaptable.

S4G4N likes this.
  34. docsavage

docsavage

I would add that if any one does do any of this meshediting etc with tools like meshmaker and probuilder it's might be better to get the interiors as good as finished first as the snapping may be problematic with the new sizes. I haven't tried it but it may be a problem.

S4G4N likes this.
  35. S4G4N

S4G4N

@docsavage
    Thanks fro the feedback :)

at the end we dont know what methods the tool provider uses to get to his results and how it changes the mesh that it just had it's hands on :)

I really like to think of the package as a LARGE selection of Medieval Fantasy "LEGO" and now you can play with it :)

It really was one of my best toys as a kid, think one of the reasons I like building modular systems that makes generating results, faster, easier and fun.

36. S4G4N

S4G4N

@docsavage That is understandable for they are very specific sizes ad made/'designed to work together becasue of that.

I had another user that was so excited to get the exteriors.
    He had gone to the trouble of with ProBuilder, grabbed textures of the interior wall file sand generate his own exteriors for them.

Now he could finally dump those and snap the actual meant to be ones onto the interiors.
    So have you built your first completed building with the interiors added ?
    How did it work for you ?

What I think is very important, is to when you look at the pre-done buildings parent/ child objects to keep things nicely arranged.

It helps to manage if you want to later make a duplicate and just swop a few parts out.

When contents via the FREE updates like the Burned buildings is coming, then some parts can just be swopped out and so forth.

Cheers
    Cobus

37. Archania

Archania

need to get the stable props now lol. Got one in my scene but now need the props for it... horses have nothing to drink from lol

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    Teila and S4G4N like this.
  38. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Archania
    That is just great man, thanks for sharing the Stables and the fences parts just fits right into and looks as if they made for the scene.
    If you can jot down a short list of likewise items so that I can rather do a small selection and add rather than just one single items.

I will also so some research, thinks like chicken / hen-houses selection of animal troughs ...

Cheers
    Cobus

39. Teila

Teila

Ooo, I need hen houses for my chickens. :)

S4G4N likes this.
  40. smada-luap

smada-luap

Spent the afternoon experimenting with the kit and tried to create the outside of an interior set I've already created. Realised part way through that the interior made a house shape that was a) too complex for me to get something that I was 100% completely satisfied with and b) too big for the first experimentation with it all :D

Still... it's come out not too bad, but I think for now I'll be building slightly (make that significantly) smaller houses for a while :D lol

screenshot54.jpg

screenshot55.jpg

S4G4N likes this.
  41. S4G4N

S4G4N

@smada luap Glad to see you got the system to work for you,
    once you see the simplicity, it is lots of fun, realizing that you can customize any small part so easily.

I am going to expand on the first post aa bit later and announce something else that is very cool

"Blueprints" I will come share here and tell when it is up

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  42. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Wow! That place is huge! I don't even want to think about the time you have taken to model the inside! :p Looks good though.. I've been doing mostly coding/figuring out game mechanics for the past few months and had been using demo scenes, so I haven't been able to play with the kit much yet. Been working to figure out all the other stuff to get my scene going. Still pretty much a mess, but I did start building a small homestead in the middle of the chaos.. lol Hopefully will have homestead screenshots ready either today or tomorrow... :)

S4G4N likes this.
  43. smada-luap

smada-luap

@Shawn67 Took around 5-6 hours if memory serves :) You can see a pick of it if you go to my twitter page :)

S4G4N and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  44. S4G4N

S4G4N

@smada luap Glad you got the hand of the system used, you will see it goes lots faster as you go,

What you could also do is have your own or grab the excising completed ones and swop out some of the walls or roof and ad a different styled one and new texture and whola, you have a new building, make a folder and drag it in to your own folder and there you go, a new design

45. Teila

Teila

I am jealous. I am spending the day going through old shoes and stuff. Why do I have so many shoes???

Hopefully, I will get a chance to play more later. Love everyone's creations! Blueprints sound so much fun, Cobus! Hope we can make our own. :) Might be fun to share.

S4G4N likes this.
  46. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Teila I am busy typing up and laying out the basic concept, would love some feedback as soon as I finished it.
    It is going to make a huge difference for all package owners, can not understand why no one has not done it yet :)

Teila and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  47. Archania

Archania

oh so like a nice list of all the parts with pictures?
    Cause that would help a lot

S4G4N likes this.
  48. S4G4N

S4G4N

Cool, I have edited the first post with a basic clear description of the idea I have and how it will work from you the user side.

Please give feedback and tell me what you think, I have alrady tested the method with the help of @Whippets and it worked first time as long as not backwards from v5x to v4x

@Archania with the many prefabs there alrady and those from the planned FREE updates, that would be a LOOOOOOONG document

49. Archania

Archania

50. Teila

Teila

I like the Blueprint idea. I am not entirely sure how it works, but anything that helps us to build better stuff is good to me. :)