Search Unity

3D Radar UI : Beta-2d July-22-2016

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ForceX, Feb 23, 2011.

1. MajorParts

MajorParts

For one reason or another, I had to get up again :( But I had another look and did away with the RPC thing. I also moved the DestroyThis() to a different point in the shipHealth script (it was currently part of if (GetComponent<PhotonView>().isMine)...... now it works!
    However, the console is still spammed with "MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'Transform' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
    Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object."
    I imagine the ship that is blown up is still trying to do radar stuff somewhere on another client, even though DestroyThis() seems to have done it's job, as no more blank targets and no more stuck bound corners.
    Another puzzle, is that when the ship blows up, I have a 5 second "waitforseconds" IEnumerator thing so that the bits that fly apart don't disappear straight away. This doesn't seem to happen anymore.

2. ForceX

ForceX

When you double click on the "MissingReferenceException" error in the debug console window where does it take you?

3. MajorParts

MajorParts

it opens up the FX_3dRadar_RID
    the function being RenderOrthographic()
    and the error line ThisID[1].position = newRidPos

4. MajorParts

MajorParts

actually, there are other functions depending on if the blown up ship is in the editor player or the standalone player.

Another function being LateUpdate() in FX3DMgr
    PlayerPos = Transform[0].position

I just ran the standalone and shot the editor player....360 of those errors! It's all the while the shot player is back at the respawn camera waiting to respawn.

Shooting the standalone player from the editor only gives 14 errors. I think the editor takes longer to process everything before respawning. Respawn wait time is set at 10 seconds regardless.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  5. ForceX

ForceX

This is because all the assets have been destroyed but the script is still alive. At the end of the DestroyThis() try disabling the RID script to prevent it from executing.

6. MajorParts

MajorParts

ok...I just edited the post above with more info

7. MajorParts

MajorParts

ok....if I shoot from the standalone....errors still. Shooting from editor....no errors, well no radar errors anyway, after reimporting the network stuff I gained a new error about EV Destroy failing, but that's a whole new topic :)

8. MajorParts

MajorParts

just tried again shooting from the editor to make sure....I got 2 missing reference errors in the DestroyThis funtion :(

9. ForceX

ForceX

This is because the player transform has not been assigned to the Transform[0]. After the respawn.

10. ForceX

ForceX

The only way for there to be a reference error in the DestroyThis() is if something was destroyed externally. Are you destroying something from another script.

Which line is the error on??

Code (csharp):
    1. function DestroyThis(){
    2.     if(!IsNAV){
    3.         Destroy(BoundsCorners);
    4.         FX3DRM.RemoveFromList(ThisID[0]);
    5.     }
    7.     Destroy(ThisID[1].gameObject);
    8.     Destroy(ThisID[2].gameObject);
    9.     Destroy(ThisID[3].gameObject);
    10.     Destroy(ThisID[4].gameObject);
    11.     if(FX3DRM.SetStatus[1]){
    12.         Destroy(ThisID[5].gameObject);
    13.     }
    14.     if(IsPlayerTarget){
    15.         FX3DRM.ClearTarget();
    16.     }
    17. //Destroy(gameObject);
    18. }

Remember if you do something to an object that is being used in multiple scripts you need to update all scripts at the same time or you will get errors. Think about your script execution order and how any changes made will cascade down as each script executes.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  11. MajorParts

MajorParts

buggered if I can get it to happen again!

12. Orbytel

Orbytel

Hey ForceX,

I downloaded your 3D Radar package about a week ago, and been having a play with it in my project. Its just what I've been looking for, and I would pay good money for it on the asset store!

In saying that, I'm having a couple of issues that I was hoping you could shed some light on?

My existing project is a third person 6DOF space sim, which I have heavily modified from the AirStrike asset, including a new player control system to make it more 'space-like' and a number of other changes.

The main reason for purchasing that asset was due to its inclusion of AI, which works quite well.

In addition, it includes a fairly limited faction system, with a 2d radar. This is where your package has come in- as it blows AirStrike's radar and targeting system out of the water.

Its been a bit of task, as AirStrike is written in C#, whereas 3D Radar is JS. I've been plugging away, and have it integrated really well- and absolutely loving what you've done.

However, I'm having some difficulties trying to change over the AI and weapons systems from AirStrike. Airstrike uses tags to identify 'factions' (either 'enemy' tag or 'player' tag- so NPCs with a 'player' tag are allies and will attack 'enemy' npcs)...

I've attached two example scripts, AI Controller and AILook (the originals). AI Controller attaches to each NPC GameObject, and target tags are manually entered into the inspector (theoretically you could have more than enemy and player, but it becomes really messy and convoluted).

One solution I tried was to assign a tag for a newly instantiated NPC based on the Faction ID (although this was really dodgy, and created issues when there were multiple factions to worry about).

I have a feeling its going to require finding what the current faction ID of this.GameObject is, then comparing it against the list of factions, and collating a list of 'enemies'. The AI would then change state from 'idle'/'patrol' to 'attacking' the nearest enemy's TargetPos is they were detected (this is what is currently in place, but using tags instead).

I was hoping you could lend a hand with getting this working?

I wouldn't expect you to help out of the kindness of your heart, and would be willing to provide a donation for your help!

Attached Files:

13. ForceX

ForceX

@Orbytel : I hope this may help. On any object with an FX_3DRadar_RID.js script you can enable "Enable Radar" this will build a hostile target list for that object based on its faction. You can access the hostile target list on any RID object via:

Code (csharp):
    2. //HostileList is a List<> class & is populated in FX_3DRadar_RID.BuildHostileList(); & updates at a fixed rate of time.
    3. gameObject.GetComponent<FX_3DRadar_RID>().HostileList;
    The list is built using a Physics.OverlapSphere() and assumes that the FX_3DRadar_RID is on the same object as the collider component.

Perhaps you can either use this target list instead or pass its contents on to the AI?

!!!BUG FIX!!!
    I just noticed two bugs in the BuildHostileList() function.

Update the BuildHostileList() function in the FX_3DRadar_RID.js with the code below.

Fixes:
    1. The timer was adding to it's self perpetually increasing the amount of time until the next update.
    2. Target list would never shrink.

Code (csharp):
    2. function BuildHostileList() {
    3. HostileList.Clear();
    4. var TempTargetList : Collider[] = Physics.OverlapSphere(transform.position, RadarRange / FX3DRM.GameScale, 1 << FX3DRM.Layers[4]);
    6.    for(var i : int = 0; i < TempTargetList.Length; i++){
    7.      var GetFactionID : int = TempTargetList[i].GetComponent(FX_3DRadar_RID).ThisFaction[2];
    8.      if(GetFactionID > 0 && GetFactionID != ThisFaction[2]){
    9.        var ThisRelation : int = FX3DRM.FXFM.FactionRelations[(GetFactionID + ThisFaction[2])];
    11.        if(ThisRelation <= FX3DRM.FXFM.HFS[0]){
    12.          HostileList.Add(TempTargetList[i].transform);
    13.        }
    14.      }
    15.    }
    16. Timers[3] = FX3DRM.LocalTime + UpdateHL;
    18. }

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  14. Orbytel

Orbytel

Thanks, that helps massively.

I've ended up resorting to writing a separate AIHostileLocator in JS, as it seems to play nicer than C# (it was sporadically throwing weird null reference errors which i assume is due to script execution times when instantiating new AIs).

I've now got each AI checking every 5 seconds to see if there are hostiles in the area, determining which is closest to its position, and chasing them down. If the closest enemy changes after 5 seconds, it'll change target.

I can't thank you enough for this!

15. rellissc

rellissc

I've been thinking that maybe now is the time to go back and work on oculus rift with the radar thing. Unity 5.1 has generic method for doing VR now, which I would expect to be more consistant than working directly with the ever changing sdk... hmmm, I'll have to see if I can find your C# implementation to redownload...

16. tectuma

tectuma

A silly question... If I wanted to turn the Radar on and Off on the screen... Is there an easy way to do it that I am missing? (Using C#)... I only want the radar to show when the player is in the space ship and not running around the game.

17. ForceX

ForceX

Yes the simple way will be to disable the radar cameras and the radar HUD camera. The radar is still running but not rendering.

Code (csharp):
    2. using UnityEngine;
    3. using System.Collections;
    5. public class DisableRadar : MonoBehaviour {
    6.     FX_3DRadar_Mgr FX3DRM;
    7.     bool disabled;
    9.     // Use this for initialization
    10.     void Start () {
    11.         FX3DRM = GameObject.Find("_GameMgr").GetComponent<FX_3DRadar_Mgr>();
    12.     }
    14.     // Update is called once per frame
    15.     void Update() {
    17.         //Disable the Radar & HUD cameras
    18.         if (!disabled && Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.Q)) {
    19.             FX3DRM.SetStatus[0] = false; // Disables Radar Key Input
    21.             FX3DRM.Cameras[0].enabled = false; // Perspective Radar Camera
    22.             FX3DRM.Cameras[1].enabled = false; // Orthographic Radar Camera
    23.             FX3DRM.Cameras[2].enabled = false; // Radar HUD Camera
    24.             disabled = true;
    25.         }
    27.         //Enable the Radar & HUD cameras
    28.         else if(disabled && Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.Q)){
    29.             FX3DRM.SetStatus[0] = true; // Enable Radar Key Input
    31.             if (FX3DRM.SetStatus[3]) {
    32.                 FX3DRM.Cameras[0].enabled = true; // Perspective Radar Camera
    33.             }
    34.             if (!FX3DRM.SetStatus[3]) {
    35.                 FX3DRM.Cameras[1].enabled = true; // Orthographic Radar Camera
    36.             }
    37.             FX3DRM.Cameras[2].enabled = true; // Radar HUD Camera
    38.             disabled = false;
    40.         }
    41.     }
    42. }

18. keiranlovett

keiranlovett

Not sure if I missed an updated file. Currently trying to implement the Unity 4.5+ version of the 3DRadar and I get the following error:

A game object can only be in one layer. The layer needs to be in the range [0...31]
    UnityEngine.GameObject:set_layer(Int32)
    FX_3DRadar_Mgr:MakeVFB(String, Transform, Int32) (at Assets/ForceX 3D Radar UI/Scripts/FX_3DRadar_Mgr.cs:1156)
    FX_3DRadar_Mgr:Awake() (at Assets/ForceX 3D Radar UI/Scripts/FX_3DRadar_Mgr.cs:240)

This is from: FX_3DRadar_C#_Alpha_1.unitypackage but I can't seem to find the newer one if its there at all.

19. ForceX

ForceX

@kiranlovett : That build requires that you create 3 layers
    1. RadarObject
    2. VFB
    3. UI_R <-- only for Rift. I would ignore it.

It looks like you are just missing the VFB layer assignment.

20. keiranlovett

keiranlovett

That fixes the layer issue thanks, missed the RadarObject.

I'm still getting some issues that I believe is preventing the radar from showing objects:

cleaning the mesh failed
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent()
    FX_3DRadar_Mgr:MakeVFB(String, Transform, Int32) (at Assets/ForceX 3D Radar UI/Scripts/FX_3DRadar_Mgr.cs:1151)
    FX_3DRadar_Mgr:Awake() (at Assets/ForceX 3D Radar UI/Scripts/FX_3DRadar_Mgr.cs:240)

21. ForceX

ForceX

@keiranlovett : I'll check it out when I get home. I'll also post the most current version, not much different in terms of features just fixes and removed all New/Old Rift code.

Which version of Unity are you using?

Current State : Uggg so lazy, I haven't loaded Unity in months.
    If I remember correctly two things still need to be done.
    1. Finish the NAV / Mission Manager (I know it's been almost a year)
    2. Target Lead.
    3. Tweak the custom editor UI. (Something changed in Unity 5.x)

FYI for those interested in Rift support using the native Unity VR API. I haven't looked at it yet.. Honestly don't know if or when.

More Rift SDK changes. Unity mentioned at the bottom.
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...-0-7-and-older-games-will-need-to-be-updated/

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  22. keiranlovett

keiranlovett

Unity 5.1 - There's a few issues it seems (or I just need to set things up properly). But mainly the targets don't show up on radar.

Current State : Uggg so lazy, I haven't loaded Unity in months. We've all been there :/

23. ForceX

ForceX

@keiranlovett : I'm getting the same cleaning the mesh failed. This has to do with Nvidia PhysX. For some reason the first time the VFB (View Festrum Box) is created this error shows up. The VFB will be destroyed and rebuilt if the height of the screen is changed. So by adjusting the Game view height by dragging it you can see the VFB get destroyed and rebuilt and the error does not come back. I do not see any effect and at this time its just a nuisance and can be ignored. I believe this error with the Radar is a new issue to Unity 5.1.x and the new PhysX. I do not remember seeing it before.

Below is the current version & included is a quick setup file.

Edit :
    Ok.. I did nothing but close Unity go eat and the error is gone.. Sooo whatevs.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  24. keiranlovett

keiranlovett

Thanks for explaining the issue along with the update!

I'm blown away by the detail this package has (and for free too!). I've gone back through the thread to learn more about how it works and other issues. What's the stance with the lead indicator / missions. The mission script is a beast asset of its own entirely :eek:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  25. ForceX

ForceX

As it currently is the mission scripts are just framed out, not complete, so only basic functionality. Still lots of work to be done here.

The target lead just needs the code to calculate the lead amount, which I just need to re-incorporate from the JS version. This will be quick and simple. I'll probably do that tonight.

keiranlovett likes this.
  26. iamfallen

iamfallen

Ahhh I can't wait for that feature!!!

27. ForceX

ForceX

Update ForceX 3D Radar UI Alpha-1 Unity 5.2.0b5

Changes:
    Complete rewrite in C#
    2 Uses Unity's new UI system. Farewell custom draw batching you were awesome!!

To Do:
    Create a method for enabling & disabling the radar. This way it can be turned off when not needed.
    2. NAV / Mission management.
    3. Create full fledged documents. Currently there are only quick setup text files.

Notes:
    This version has been compiled using a beta version of Unity 5. The package should open just fine in previous Unity 5 versions.
    2. If you were using a previous unofficial version of the Alpha, this version has Target Leading re integrated.
    3. The latest old version will stay available until this version is complete.
    4. Thinking of changing the name of the package as it has become much more than a Radar system.

Downloads can be found on the front page.

28. ForceX

ForceX

Update ForceX 3D Radar UI Alpha-2 Unity 5.2.0f2 RC2

New Features:
    Radar functions can be disabled & enabled by calling FX_3DRadar_Mgr.DisableRadar(); or FX_3DRadar_Mgr.EnableRadar();

A button to Disable/Enable the radar has also been added to the top of the FX_3DRadar_Mgr inspector. This allows for quick easy access to the Disable/Enable feature while in the Unity Editor.

Changes / Fixes:
    If a Sub Component is selected the Target Lead Indicator will now lead the selected Sub Component instead of the parent object.
    2. Updated the Setup document to include a forgotten Tag name "TargetButton"
    If this Tag was not defined then pressing the Open Target List button in the inspector when not in play mode would display an error saying the tag name could not be found.
    3. Updated the _GameMgr Prefab to include the Target Lead script.

Code (csharp):
    2. //External Script Call
    4. //Disable The Radar
    5. GameObject.Find("_GameMgr").GetComponent<FX_3DRadar_Mgr>().DisableRadar();
    7. //Enable The Radar
    8. GameObject.Find("_GameMgr").GetComponent<FX_3DRadar_Mgr>().EnablerRadar();

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  29. ForceX

ForceX

Update ForceX 3D Radar UI Alpha-3,a,b,c,d Unity 5.2.0f2 RC2

New Features:
    Target Lead Indicator can now be set to fade based on target distance with the rest of the target indicators.
    2. FX_Class_Mgr has a offset amount for each Sub Class icon. The offset is used when the icon is displayed in the radar. Makes it easy to align the icon with the vertical directional indicator.
    3. Added offset values for the RID VDI & RID Base icons under FX_3DRadar_Mgr --> Global RID Settings.
    4. 3D_Radar_RID inspector displays a preview of the current Class/Sub Class sprite. Alpha 3d

Changes / Fixes:
    The radar vertical directional indicators no longer render to there own canvas.
    2. Vertical directional indicators no longer depend on a parent object for correct positioning.
    3. Changed script PlayerStatus to TaragetStatus & updated to work with Unity UI. Sliders will adjust the values for targets vitals. Must have a target selected to see the changes. This is just an example not a target health management script. Alpha 3a
    Removed old references to second canvas when switching to perspective radar. Alpha 3a
    5. Removed Player status bars & legacy shaders / materials. Use Unity UI. Alpha 3a
    6. Target Lead Indicator will no longer display an error if it is disabled prior to entering play mode. Alpha 3b
    7. Disable the Radars UI elements instead of the canvas when disabling the radar. Alpha 3b
    Structure, Name changes & removal of unnecessary files. Current users recommended to delete old folder and reimport. Alpha 3c

Edited for hot fix changes Alpha a,b,c,d

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    JFI66, keiranlovett and code-blep like this.
  30. JFI66

JFI66

Hi,

first of all: THANK you!!
    This is really what I need for a project! And I really appreciate your effort to porting the scripts to C#.

Right now I'm stuck with getting to run the demo in my 5.1.2 personal edition of Unity.
    There is an error:
    cleaning the mesh failed
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent()
    FX_3DRadar_Mgr:MakeVFB(String, Transform) (at Assets/ForceX 3D Radar UI/Scripts/FX_3DRadar_Mgr.cs:1163)
    FX_3DRadar_Mgr:Awake() (at Assets/ForceX 3D Radar UI/Scripts/FX_3DRadar_Mgr.cs:251)

and a warning:
    HDR and MultisampleAntiAliasing (in Forward Rendering Path) is not supported. This camera will render without HDR buffers. Disable Antialiasing in the Quality settings if you want to use HDR.

And in the new version no target is shown in the radar itself.

I added two Layers: Radar and VFB.

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany,
    Jürgen

31. ForceX

ForceX

HI Jürgen

look up a few post you can see we were discussing this same thing. It has to do with mesh creation @ runtime with a mesh collider. This error comes and goes as it pleases and does not appear to have any effect other than being a nuisance. I was getting the error for a day or so and now it's gone. I'm not sure what's going on with it.

This isn't a radar issue this is a Unity rendering issue. Check your project settings & cameras to see if any camera is in Forward rendering mode with HDR enabled. Or if your default project setting is set to Forward rendering. If so, In the demo look at the PlayerCamera and the RadarCamera to check if HDR is enabled. If so disable it and the warning should go away. Or switch your default project rendering to Deffered. I'll make sure HDR is off on the next update.

Check the HDR stuff first and let me know.

That should be everything to make the demo work.

1. Make new project
    2. Import radar package
    3. Create two Layers (Radar, VFB)
    4. Create two Tags (Sub_Component, TargetButton)
    5. Open demo & press play.

JFI66 likes this.
  32. ForceX

ForceX

Update ForceX 3D Radar UI Alpha-3e Unity 5.2.0f2 RC2

Changes / Fixes:
    Oops accidently deleted code that corrected 1 pixel offset of the VDI when the radar target is below the player.
    2. Set demo _PlayerCamera HDR to off.

33. JFI66

JFI66

Hi ForceX,

thanks for your answer, I'll try it this evening.

Thanks a lot,
    Jürgen

34. ForceX

ForceX

Your welcome and if you still have problems feel free to PM me or post in this thread. We'll get it figured out.

35. JFI66

JFI66

I tried again with the newest version (Thanks for your work!! :) )
    The error message with HDR and MultisampleAntialiasing... is gone. If you selct the HDR in the _RadarCamera this warning in shown again. So you fixed this in the newest version - great.

Still the "Vertical Directional Indicator (VDI) is not drawn neither is "Radar Contact ID" nor the "VDI Base".
    Must these be enabled somehow? Which script is doing the rendering if these parts?

Thanks in advance!!
    Jürgen

36. ForceX

ForceX

I just downloaded 5.1.3f and I get the same issue. Strange this does not happen in 5.2 RC2. Let me look into this and I'll post back when I know what is going on.

37. ForceX

ForceX

Ok found the problem. For what ever reason when a new RectTransform is created at runtime in 5.1.x it has a scale of 0,0,0. This was not an issue in 5.x nor is it an issue in 5.2.x. I need to force a scale size of 1,1,1. I'll get it fixed and posted in a few min.

JFI66 likes this.
  38. ForceX

ForceX

Update ForceX 3D Radar UI Alpha-3f Unity 5.1.3f

Changes / Fixes:
    Moved Awake() calls to Start() This fixes UI elements getting generated with a scale of 0,0,0 during runtime creation. This also fixes the "cleaning the mesh failed" error. This was happening because a mesh collider cannot exist properly on a mesh with no scale.

Sorry I didn't catch this it was not an issue on Unity 5.2 beta.

JFI66 likes this.
  39. keiranlovett

keiranlovett

Any idea on the timeline for the mission tracker? I'm trying to figure out how complete it is in the recent source code.

Amazing job overall mate!

40. ForceX

ForceX

Hi keiranlovett,

At this time I don’t know when the MissionMgr / MissionGiver will be complete. What you see in the current version will probably be scrapped. I want to move the missions to scriptable objects and create a node canvas for mission creation / branching. I’ve never done anything like creating a node canvas before so it is a learning process for me, but GameTutor.com has a great tutorial series on just this. As the core components for the radar are complete and I think the bugs have been worked out (thanks to you guys), I don’t expect a new update until the Missions are done.

As always if you do find a problem let me know and I will prioritize fixes.

41. gferreiro

gferreiro

Hello. I was wondering if there was any update about oculus support. I have a basic demo that just won 1st place at a gearvr jam, and my radar is very crude (and my skill set is limited). i might be able to pay a fee as well if needed. My main issue is objects that are above or below the current view. there are objectives in the mission area that are at different altitudes, and a 2d radar is just not doing the gameplay any justice.

thanks in advance for any info.

42. Orbytel

Orbytel

Hey again ForceX,

Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work on this project- I've just updated to the 3f alpha, and the improvements are sensational.

I wanted to ask- is there anywhere in the _gamemgr inspector where we can edit the target list display settings directly, similar to all other components (position, size, colours etc)?

I've been unable to find anything and, before I jump into the code, wanted to see if there were any preset editor settings to alter the positioning and scaling.

On a side note- have you got a Paypal account where we can donate to?

Cheers

danreid70 likes this.
  43. ForceX

ForceX

@Orbytel

Nothing in the inspector but if you look in the hierarchy view you can find the Target list disabled. Because the target list is just a Unity UI element, you can simply re-enable this and edit it to your likeing. Aka position or visuals.

I don't have access right now but I think it is just called TargetList.

@gferreiro

Sorry to say I currently do not have plans for the Rift. I had various versions at one point but each SDK release ended up breaking any solution I had, and not having access to a Rift makes new development even harder.

Another difficulty is the radar requires screen space rendering which complicates things when developing for VR. You need to draw everything twice and run different calculations to detect the screen edge based on the IDP profile / camera separation from player center.

To do it properly the radar and HUD elements really need to be world based not screen based.

Once the SDK is final I may revisit Rift support, but we'll see.

44. rellissc

rellissc

Hey ForceX. With the new UI System and the C# implementation, have we lost the ability to use render textures for the radar camera? Ive been looking through the radar options, and its not jumping out at me. I want to verify that it is not there before I delve into implementing a solution myself.

45. ForceX

ForceX

Unfortunately for the time being that is correct and is part of the reason that i have not removed the old version yet. It can be done and requires a bit more complicated setup but for some reason it does not look good when rendered to a texture. This is something that is on the list to solve.

Edit:
    I took a quick look at render textures again and i think i may have something that could work. Check back this weekend, I'll try to have something.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  46. ForceX

ForceX

Update ForceX 3D Radar UI Alpha-4 Unity 5.2.0p1

New Features:
    Render To Texture is back in a limited manor. This can be found in the drop down menu of the FX_3DRadar_Mgr inspector.

Render To Texture assets are located "ForceX 3D Radar UI/Assets/Render Texture"

Changes / Fixes:
    Fixed the target lead indicator going into a render disabled state while the target is still on screen.
    2. New demo included as an example for the Render To Texture.

Known Issues:
    NAV VDI. Bah!!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  47. Minos32

Minos32

Hi @ForceX !!

I'm trying to see the demos inside the Alpha 4, but I can't see anything. Can you help me!!, what should I do to run them??

48. ForceX

ForceX

Have you followed the instructions in the setup file? Even if you load one of the demos you still need to setup your environment aka layers & tags.

49. Minos32

Minos32

yes, I did. Well, I don`t know what should happen, but when I run the demo Radar. There only appears the radar and when I press T it selects some targets. But I can't do anything else. Is that right??

50. ForceX

ForceX

Yes it's only a demo of the radar showing you what you can expect from it and how to set it up to be incorporated into your own project. You can cycle through the targets & the sub components or you can click on the targets on the screen or in the radar to select to select them as well. You can toggle the target selection list on & off with the "L" key (I think that's the correct key).