Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

3D Model

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Charliej98, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Charliej98

Charliej98

Hello guys,what you think about this simple model?i have some doubt about the texture....
    tavolo2..jpg

2. Schneider21

Schneider21

The biggest thing that jumps out at me is the direction of the grain. You don't typically see tables with grain running in that direction as visible on the table's edge. It's also a bit jarring that the grain seems to flow along the edge from the top surface to the lower inset portion. It's unlikely a table would be made in such a manner that that would be a single piece, so I expect to see a break in the wood grain as two different pieces don't match up exactly.

All in all, though, it's an adequate table. Not terribly interesting or complex, but a serviceable table.As in, I see it and know it's a table.

Charliej98 and carking1996 like this.
  3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

The left legs are facing out - which you'd expect a tall table leg to do, while the right legs are facing in - which would cause the table to be less stable. I think matching the right legs to the left legs would be more realistic.
    Also - usually these wooden table have a heavy lacquer coating - to keep them shining and keep out the yucky germs that sometimes are left behind. A spec map would go along way with selling the believe-ability of the table, though you want the spec map to mimic the grain detail with a subtle normal or bump map so the spec conforms to the grain micro detail - surface detail.

Charliej98 and Schneider21 like this.
  4. Charliej98

Charliej98

Thanks for your advice :)