Search Unity

3D Content creation livestream tutorial

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by YoungDeveloper, May 15, 2015.

1. YoungDeveloper

YoungDeveloper

I will create 3D asset live on may 22, vote here for times.
    Tutorial is specifically for www.armedunity.com community, though why not post it here too.

My techniques aren't perfect and i feel i still got to learn, but still. Seeing our forums 3d showcase i though i could lend a hand.

For past week I've been creating many nature content, such as rocks and plants.
    I still want to create couple more rocks for my level. As rocks are simple in geometry it would be perfect for the demo.

The stream will contain whole development pipeline.
    • High poly sculpting
    • Low poly mesh creation
    • UV mapping
    • Texture baking
    • Correct export, import and visualization
    I will stream on twich, you will be able to ask questions as we go and i will try to answer them all.

Even if you are a complete zero in 3D graphics you should be able to follow and finish the work.

Software we will be working with, so be sure to install them before we start.
    • 3D Max
    • Zbrush
    • Marmoset
    • xNormal
    • XnView

I will create something this.
    200 triangles game ready asset.

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Nice offer.
    Check into the twitch archiving before the live session begins so you can upload to youtube afterwards.
    I'm never able to attend live, but would enjoy watching the recorded version.

3. YoungDeveloper

YoungDeveloper

Absolutely, the plus in livestream is that members can ask questions live.

4. outtoplay

outtoplay

True... but it's schedule dependent. A recorded version makes viewing possible when conflicts occur.

5. YoungDeveloper

YoungDeveloper

exactly