Search Unity

Error: Could not preload global game manager #0

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by bigwings, Jan 3, 2010.

1. bigwings

bigwings

A friend of mine just tried an exe I made with unity and he got this message:

Could not preload global game manager #0

does anyone know what it is and how to get rid of it?

M

2. andeeeee

andeeeee

Can you give a bit more information about this? I'm guessing it stops the game from running at all, but has it worked OK on other computers? Is it a system error or does it appear in the game window?

3. bigwings

bigwings

Well it has been fixed by recopying the app over to his computer. I had him download files from my ftp server before and that seemed to have screwed things up.

All is fine now :)

M

4. tatoforever

tatoforever

Hi, i got the same error message when open old app build with Unity 2.6.0.29850
    Here is the Output.log messages:
    Player: init engine
    Could not preload global game manager #0
    PlayerInitEngineNoGraphics settings: Could not preload global game manager #0

5. bernardfrancois

bernardfrancois

tatoforever, did you manage to solve the problem? I'm having the same issue.

6. damienthorn

damienthorn

The only way I managed to solve the problem was to compress the unity files to a .zip and then change the extension to .zippi.

Don't ask me why, but ftp servers change something in the unity files, so the only way to prevent this is to change the extension to something that can't be opened in conventional ways.

7. _-MADMAN-_

_-MADMAN-_

Ha! Same here - game uploaded to ftp - Could not preload global game manager #0. Game uploaded as 7z (self ectract) or setup.exe - works fine.

8. rterranova

rterranova

I ran into this issue also. We have been putting our code up on a web site and then having people download it. To place the code up on the site I was using filezilla. After reading your posts about this issue I thought maybe the transfer of the code to our site was the issue. So, in settings under file types I set the default type to binary. This as fixed the issue. I hope this helps

9. Peter K.

Peter K.

I get this problem when i export my game.i tried moving it in other folders and i tried other methods aswell and nothing happens(it still says Could not preload global game manager #0) @.@ Please someone help(i didnt upload the file to an ftp server)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  10. minevr

minevr

you used crack...

11. ahmed16

ahmed16

Hi , i am using unity 3.5.1 and i made a wonderful game and after finishing it i exported it as a exe for pc and i get this weird message ''Could not preload global game manager #0'' PLEASE HELP ME AND EXPLAIN IN STEPS WHAT DO I DO ????????

12. popystone

popystone

i have the same problem trying to open my executable game made in unity 3.5.0fb and this error log appears.
    can someone make a video to show how to fix this problem?

13. Ouroboros

Ouroboros

I've been experiencing this bug for a couple weeks and I've tried a lot to solve this problem. I'm quite sure the problem doesn't comes from Unity but from Windows.

When you install Unity and launch it for the first time, a project named Angry Bots should open. You should try to build and run this project without alterating it. If the build doesn't work it's clearly windows that causes the bug. Now, here's the deal: where does windows prevent unity builds from working...

I'll post more information as more tests will be made.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  14. Ouroboros

Ouroboros

It seems to come from some unity versions, not windows, even if you should check the DEP settings if it doesn't work still. In order to make sure the bug is coming from your version of unity please follow these steps :

1: uninstall Unity with revo uninstaller and erase everything (make sure your project has been saved properly)

2: install unity from the website (pro or basic), choose the internet activation

3: launch the project downloaded with unity

4: build run

If it works:
    Your previous version of unity doesn't work properly, you souldn't use it. You'll have to use another version of Unity. Warning: make sure you save your project before updating it in a new version, some glitches can occur so keep a back up somewhere.

If it doesn't work
    If you have downloaded the project via FTP you should see above for the solution
    Otherwise, it comes from windows, then you should try to update it then deactivate DEP (google it).

I hope this post will merge all solutions I've grabbed on the web. Anyway, don't use a cracked version of unity, work with the demo if you need the pro version.

15. ygalkami

ygalkami

i had the same problem and copied as rar
    dont forget to copy the subdir project_data from then main project dir

good luck

16. arslan125

arslan125

Problem Solution Found :

Dont Crack It

Use Internet Activation Pro/Bacis

The Problem Is That :

When you crack It

The Crack Corrupt The Files

Warnnig!

Dont crack it

Dont crack it

Dont crack it

Dont crack it

Dont crack it

17. MrLolEthan

MrLolEthan

reinstall unity is what everyone is doing to fix that.

18. XeviaN360

XeviaN360

Nice, it happened to me now. I copied many unity oculus rift demos to an ftp server (not compressed, just plain files) and then downloaded to another pc. Noone runs, same error. This is odd. Need to investigate :p

19. kiugetski

kiugetski

You can fix it super easyly
    if you are using filezilla
    go to edition -> parameters -> transferts -> Files types -> and select binary
    this fix have nothing to do with unity crack or anything that people may say ... its simply your ftp tool thats corrupting the files

20. Italy

Italy

someone has solved? i 've the same problem
    Immediately I work with it, then i export package and successively import package and i get this error
    "You are tryig to import an asset wich contains a global game manager. This is not allowed".

21. Methaq

Methaq

so what to do