Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Simple Car Game

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by sport20, Dec 26, 2009.

1. sport20

sport20

Hello,

I am trying to create a simple car game but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

I have read a car tutorial on how to apply the wheel colliders and what not and tried to implement it but I always run into problems.

I even got downloads of 2 examples but I still can't seem to figure it out.

Is there anyone who would be able to assist me in my endeavour?

2. twitchfactor

twitchfactor

You'll need to be more specific about what issues you're running into and how you're actually running into these issues.

3. sport20

sport20

The problem that I am currently running into is that the car flips over and falls through the road.

4. Achim

Achim

5. X-Developer

X-Developer

The is a car example project in the showcase forums can't remember where.

6. sport20

sport20

I haven't look at the jcar script before. I was looking at when I saw that you posted it. Looks very confusing to me.

It's done in C# and I'm kinda accustomed with javascript. I'm what you may call handicapped to programming.

I first started with this blog here:
    http://www.gotow.net/andrew/blog/?page_id=78

But somehow I think there are things missing in the tutorial. Maybe it's because the things that aren't mentioned are basic things that the writer assumes that I'd know.

I'm going back in and try to read this thing again with a fine tooth comb.

One question...is it possible to create a prototype car with just a cube and 4 cylinders for the wheels?

7. FreelandCJV

FreelandCJV

Yeah it is! No offense but what kinda question is that? Sorry again............

All you have to do is make the car body, then the wheels and an empty game object and make the body and wheels child objects of the empty game object.

I'll whip something up for you.

Hang on...

8. sport20

sport20

Yeah I know it's a stupid question but it's just that I have done that and my car operates wierd.

It's probably the script that I got from the example. I'm probably not using them right.

9. FreelandCJV

FreelandCJV

It's not stupid anymore because I just remembered, I had the same problem with the exact same model and script. I couldn't figure it out so I just forgot it. Don't use that script it's jacked up.

10. sport20

sport20