Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Over 7 hours of Unity Training Videos - Download them now!

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by busbyj, Dec 16, 2009.

1. WedgeBob

WedgeBob

Sometimes C# can get picky. Instead of float amtToMove, try static float amtToMove, and see if this fixes things. I've ran into things where C# tells you that something needs to be static, otherwise, it'll wonder how you want that float to be played out multiple times, which can be rather intimidating to say the least.

2. tekred

tekred

Thx Bob I'll try that tonight. :)

3. U3DNewbie

U3DNewbie

Great job - this tutorial rocks!!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  4. xzile40

xzile40

Curses! This mac makes me unable to do more things! 'Doh.

5. AcciDante

AcciDante

Finished these last week and really enjoyed them. Did the more advanced version that they always talk about doing ever come out? That would be very helpful.

6. rockysam888

rockysam888

In video 9, the author mentioned "Projectile pool" to better control of memory, instead of using garbage collection. Does anyone know how to use this approach?

7. macy

macy

amazing!

8. Yogi

Yogi

Instead of creating every instance (say bullets) you could start with a bulletPool of 200, every time a bullet hits you don't destroy it but put it back in the pool, every time you shoot, the application doesn't instantiate a new bullet but grabs a bullet from the pool ( if the pool is empty only then instantiate a new bullet)

9. TeRex

TeRex

Let me first start off by saying these tutorials are good, not great or awesome just good. and i'll tell you why... But before i do I want to point out some of my feedback might sound a bit harsh but I mean no disrespect by it. So lets begin....

Well I do like the casual teaching tactic with the laughing joking it makes learning very comfortable. However buzz, you talk to much and that wouldn't be a problem if it was about stuff pertaining to the task at hand. You start ranting and raving about stuff somewhat relevant to the topic filling people's head with a lot of info, then therefore taking their mind off of exactly what your trying to teach. While not people will feel this way I do, these are my opinions. You also contradict yourself alot. These tutorials weren't supposed to be about teaching programming concepts yet that is exactly what you do. In video 16 17 you start talking about the OnGUI not being good for Unity IOS, while that information is good to know its not relevant to the task at hand. Then you go on about how you and Lee have created your own GUI system for the IOS and the different features you have in it, while again its a interesting bit of info but not relevant to the task. I'm currently on video 17 and it has taken you over 10 mins to get to the main point of the video. Which is the OnGUI scripting. Its just a lot of ranting rambling which make these videos very annoying and almost boring. The only reason I keep watching is cause I wanna finish the course I hate leaving my projects uncompleted when I have no reason not to finish them. Well there is my 2 Cents. Anyways thanks for the videos....

10. wraithbone

wraithbone

Hi,

I Think your problem is the parenthesis below the if line... these should be curly braces not parenthesis.

As far as I can see that is all that is wrong there. The videos look funny due to resolution scaling so it could be my error.

But I know multiline ifs and loops in cpp and Js all require curly not round braces.

Blocks of code are generally bound in curly braces.

Statements can be bound by parenthesis.

Hope that helps.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  11. SaltSlasher

SaltSlasher

That website has some of the best courses I have seen.....and nothing I have seen that is that good and free!

Although beginner tutorials will only get you so far. I really like the combo courses, like the one that takes you from Maya to zBrush to Photoshop to Unity! That process is just a big subject and rarely do I see videos specific to just that.

12. thyago carvalho

thyago carvalho

tnx sooo much im trying to learn the 3.5v but i guess it will work for me !!! tnx again great update

13. Ralf.UnityEngine

Ralf.UnityEngine

The only thing missing in this tutorial for it to being perfect was the model of the ship!
    I had to look for something on the internet and ended up with a spaceplane in my game.
    (And by that I mean a comum plane on the space. Haha.)
    But these were very delightful 7 hours and an awesome introduction.
    Thanks!

14. CoCoNutti

CoCoNutti

Check out a plugin called PoolManager too.

15. pivotraze

pivotraze

16. celikmurat

celikmurat

Thanks for tutorials, are there any 2D tutorials or another tutorials like this available ?

17. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Here.

18. Laumania

Laumania

Really great stuff busbyj! Just watched them all over 2 days.

I'm new to Unity3D, but have been doing games for years (hobby projects) mostly in XNA/C#, so I'm looking forward for the "advanced" series where to build this 2d shooter game the "right" way :)
    Is it out yet, these videoes are pretty old, so I were hoping the advanced version were out by now, but can't seem to find it.

19. Laumania

Laumania

If anyone is interested, I have seen and followed this video series and created my version of the game.
    First I did everything they did, and afterwards I started to add my own logic - great way to learn.

You can find my code here:
    https://github.com/Laumania/2DShooter

If you look through the commits, you can more or less follow along with the videoes - but it's not one commit = one video part.

Just saying :)

I still would like to see the "advanced" video series, but guess it wasn't created after all....sadly.

20. praveensuresh

praveensuresh

Kickass videos for beginners....Looking forward for more tutorials from u!!...if u can make a tutorial for a 3d game would be gr8t!!

21. vanthach

vanthach

Dear everybody.

I had error Destroy gameobject is Emplotision_prefab in example on unity 3d version 3.5.2f2. can you help me !!

Mr.Thach
    email:monicathachbn2005@gmail.com

22. Jawbreaker

Jawbreaker

Nice post, great vids! Like the casual manner, great change of pace and makes it a bit more fun ... like game programming should be !!
    Good stuff ! I enjoy anything in C# ... love the C languages. Great introductory series, very logical progression. Most tutorials on Unity I've seen are spread out over weeks of time between and not a very logical progression through them and don't accomplish quite as much either. Like the rapid pace.
    Enjoyed these and learned a bunch, cheers!

23. Tomji

Tomji

they were fine just a few days ago!

24. MisterMatt

MisterMatt

Looks like I found these a little too late, are there any mirror downloads or info on why these are no longer available (getting a 404).

Thank you in advance for any info! Additionally I was looking for a C# path to getting started with entity and this looks like the best option available if anyone has a recommended path.

25. Tomji

Tomji

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  26. _Petroz

_Petroz

The download links are still down, but they are still available on the 3DBuzz website (requires free registration).

27. Electriceye

Electriceye

Links are all dead...wish I could watch it though. It seems like it would a good place to learn 2d in unity.

28. nithinshriyan

nithinshriyan

Hey I want unity 3D with c#. But here i m not able to download the videos. Directory not found.

29. jin76

jin76

can someone please re upload these, i wanted to watch them

30. joievonne

joievonne

31. joievonne

joievonne

32. Hoang Le Huy

Hoang Le Huy

Link tutorial is die. Please fix. Thanks

33. joievonne

joievonne

34. dfj1100

dfj1100

Regarding the free Unity video series on the 3dbuzz website, my experience is that the videos are free but you have to pay to download the assets. Essentially, if you want to follow along using your own Unity editor, you must pay for a subscription. Bummer! Perhaps Mr. Busby will respond.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  35. Deleted User

Deleted User

Great tutorial. Thanks for this!

36. mohammads2

mohammads2

All links were broken , mabe your files deleted.
    i can not download them.
    please help me.