Search Unity

Asset Server Timeout

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Reapazor, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Reapazor

Reapazor

So I have been fighting with the asset server for quite sometime.

Essentially periodically we would push stuff to it and it would either 'timeout' on the sending, or 'timeout' when people were trying to pull.

(this is with Asset Server v1.01, I *unfortunately* haven't gotten my hands on 2.0)

The logs on the server were not much help, nor were the editor logs (yes we even talked to support), so I decided to take a different approach, I started running maintenance commands on the postgres server itself (VACUUM + FULL + ANALYZE), and it seems I got lucky :)

This post is more for reference to anyone else that ever experiences this, I searched the forums and found nothing mentioning this ("asset server timeout"), so I figured I drop this little note so that someone in the future will not go through the weeks of frustration we have.

2. swiftest

swiftest

Thanks for this tip! It seems to have helped since I was getting a stream of timeouts, and after the vacuum, it worked on the first try.

Linh

3. Mark-Ripley

Mark-Ripley

Does anyone know how to do this?

Found vacuumdb in c:\unity\bin

Needs to be run as unitysrv, so:

runas /user:unitysrv vacuumdb

"Can't do this as user hasn't a login account" (or similar).

Any clues?

Thanks!

4. Graphicalgeek

Graphicalgeek

I was having this problem as well, and found that deleting all the local assets on my machine and then discarding the changes in the Asset Server caused it to then update successfully without getting the timeout.