Unity Community

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

1. Posts

ShaderFusion - node based shader editor (Closed Beta)

Shader Fusion is a node based shader editor. It allows the user to create extremely complex shaders and effects in a flowchart-like environment. Anyone who has used the Unreal Engine 3 material editor or Mayas HyperShade should be very comfortable with it.

I have finally got a beta package to distribute to beta testers. I already have a few testers but could use a few more. For anyone beta testing, it would be great if the testers could send me (or post here) shots of some of the stuff they make with it to help promote the software

some example shaders:

A planet shader. The clouds are part of the main planet shader and they have parallax and cast shadows on the surface. The atmosphere is slightly bigger sphere around the planet.

Webplayer:
    http://www.keenleveldesign.com/pimp/...Example01.html

This example is procedural placement of snow or ice. You can adjust a single value to have the snow build up or melt. It places the snow mostly on the upwards facing surfaces of an object.

Here is the current list of nodes:
    Texture - A texture.
    TODO: CubemapTex
    MainTex - A special texture with a perperty name of "_MainTex".
    Lightmap - A special texture used for lightmapping.
    Number - A constant single Number or float value.
    Color - A constant color value.
    Vector2 - A constant Vector2.
    Vector3 - A constant Vector3.
    Vector4 - A constant Vector4.
    Add
    Subtract
    Multiply
    Divide
    Fresnel - The "facing ratio" of the surface.
    Highest - The highest of 2 Number values.
    Lowest - The lowest of 2 Number values.
    Lerp - Blend between 2 values based on a 0-1 range bias.
    UV1 - Main uv channel.
    UV2 - Secondary uv channel.
    VertexColor - Vertex Color channel(Vector4).
    SurfaceNormal - The normal of the surface in object space.
    ViewDir - The unnormalized view direction.
    LightDir - The light direction.
    Time - Time in seconds(I think) that the game has been running.
    DisplaceOffset - Calculate the parallax offset for uvs based on height data. add this to your UVs before plugging it into a Texture node.
    Vector.X - The X component of a vector.
    Vector.Y - The Y component of a vector.
    Vector.Z - The z component of a vector.
    Vector.W - The W component of a vector.
    Vector.XY - The X,Y component of a vector.
    Vector.XYZ - The X,Y,Z component of a vector.
    NumberToVector - Creates a vector with a length matching the number of connected inputs.
    ElementOf - The element of a vector matching Index (Vector[index]).
    Abs - The absolute value of a number.
    Distance - The distance between 2 points.
    Normalize - Normalize a vector.
    Power
    Floor - Round DOWN to the nearest whole number.
    Ceil - Round Up to the nearest whole number.
    Cosine
    Sine
    CrossProduct
    DotProduct
    SquareRoot
    Fmod - I have no idea what this does
    Frac - I have no idea what this does
    ParamNumber - A Number value that you can change per material(or through code).
    DOTO: ParamColor - A Color value that you can change per material(or through code).
    DOTO: ParamVector2 - A Vector2 value that you can change per material(or through code).
    DOTO: ParamVector3 - A Vector3 value that you can change per material(or through code).
    DOTO: ParamVector4 - A Vector4 value that you can change per material(or through code).
    Transform - Transform a vector based on a matrix.
    ObjToWorld - ObjectToWorld transform matrix (as Vector4x4)
    ObjToWorldV3 - ObjectToWorld transform matrix (as Vector3x3)
    WorldToObj - WorldToObj transform matrix (as Vector4x4)
    WorldToObjV3 - WorldToObj transform matrix (as Vector3x3)

2. Posts
    Quite impressive! Does it have the ability to read shaders?
    There's 11 types of people in this world, those who understand Unary, and those who don't.

There's 10 types of people in this world, those who understand Binary, and those who don't.

There's 3 types of people in this world, those who can count, and those who can't — er wait a minute...

For Unity teaching and freelance info send me a PM.

3. Location
    32.71° N, 117.15° W
    Wow, this looks excellent!

4. Location
    Sooke
    Even with all the new rudeness and newbies who want there game made for them, there are still good people on this forum. My heart just unfroze .
    -Insert quote here
    ---Famous Person

5. Location
    USA
    Holy crap man that looks amazing. Good work.
    There are two types of people in the world, people who believe there are only two types of people, and smart people

6. Posts
    Lab013, If you load a shader that was not made with the editor you get a blank shader and the contents will be overwritten when you save. The editor saves data in the shader file that the editor needs for node placement, links etc, when loading the shader back in.

Heres a webplayer example of the snow shader. It has a slider to control the density if the snow.

7. Posts

8. Location
    San Francisco, CA
    If this shader editor is as good as it looks, I'll sure purchase a license.
    Have you thought about a price already?
    What a long strange trip it's been...

9. Posts
    Woah, spectacular. Thank you!

10. Location
    Zürich, Switzerland
    I guess this is a Unity Pro only thing as it likely uses RenderTextures?

Its great to see the graph editor idea beeing taken to the production level

11. Location
    Athens, Ga
    That is really impressive. I can't wait to see it when it is done!

12. Posts
    That looks great!

Please have presets for some common weather effects (wet, icy, etc.); that would make it an easy sell to lots of artists.

13. Location
    Duluth, MN
    Very nice!

I'm interested as well in the licensing scheme for this? Also if it's available for Indie/Pro..

14. Location
    NE Ohio, USA
    I'm going to have to say, as an artist, I would never use this. The straight lines for noodles, huge discrepancy in size between the noodles and sockets (1-pixel noodles also aren't nice), lack of color-coding, and illegibility that comes from not using padding, make this system extremely unsightly, which is not good for productivity or user happiness.

Don't get me wrong; I love nodes, and think they would be a valuable addition to Unity. However, this is not ready for prime-time. It looks like it was made by a shader programmer.

15. Posts
    Yes, it does look rather raw and unpolished, but its a step in the right direction, and im sure the licensing will be reasonable.

16. Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'd definitely like to see some better noodle routing and an aesthetic bump, but as a begger, I will not be a chooser. This would actually open up shader editing to me and that's better than not doing it at all. Can't wait to start playing with this!

In case you haven't seen it, here's a similar project posted a while back:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=91977

It's sortof unfinished and is mostly focused on procedural generation and not general shader editing.

17. Posts
    cannon, I will try to release it with many example shaders.

Jessy, I will try to get thicker AA lines for the node connections. At some point I wanted to color code the nodes. Probably based on the type of node they are (math, texture, parameter values, constant value, transforms, etc..) I left it gray scale for now to fit with the rest of the unity UI. One thing I do not want to do is make large "bubbly" UI.

also this works(and was build) with the free version of unity.

18. Posts
    Put me down for at least one license!

I love this....and as far as I'm concerned it is more than ready for prime time. If it all functions as its' supposed to, it is ready!

You wouldn't believe some of the tools I have had to use in my professional career.
    Mike Hovland
    Blue Rocket Labs
    Click above and "Like" our Facebook page
    to be entered to win a *FREE* Blue Rocket Labs T-Shirt!

19. Posts
    A planet shader. The clouds are part of the main planet shader and they have parallax and cast shadows on the surface. The atmosphere is slightly bigger sphere around the planet.

Webplayer:

20. Location
    Paris
    Truly interesting.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast