Search Unity

3,5 monodevelop Line Endings Warning

Discussion in 'Developer Preview Archive' started by TheCasual, Jan 24, 2012.

1. TheCasual

TheCasual

Hey guys, is there a way to disable the pop up that keeps telling me on every script i open that the line endings are different. This warning seems to affect nothing whatsoever, but since installing 3.5 , it is constantly popping up with all my scripts. Im not sure even what it means, the lines are identical.

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

It means the difference between Unix and Windows line endings. If you don't have consistent line endings, it's quite possible that error messages won't list the correct line.

--Eric

3. TheCasual

TheCasual

So , by opening and closing and accepting the pop up with each of my scripts , it should be fine?

ComicReese likes this.
  4. Cascho01

Cascho01

True, that popup is indeed a bit annoying ....

5. KidShenck

KidShenck

You can get rid of the warning by going to Project->Solution Options in Monodevelop. Under Source Code->Code Formatting->C# source code, switch the line endings to Unix.

By default, source files created by Unity have Unix line endings, so all new files you create in this solution won't generate the warning. Any files you converted before will probably pop up the warning to be converted back.

The same can be done in Tools->Options or Tools->Custom Policies... so that any new project will use the right settings.

vama89 and yoeyyutch like this.
  6. TheCasual

TheCasual

Thats really good to know, thanks m8.

7. hozone

hozone

Ohh, thanks a lot KidShenck for that tip, the line ending warning was a little bit annoying :p

yoeyyutch likes this.