Search Unity

2D Sprite Colorize in three tones???

Discussion in '2D' started by Vugar-Naib, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Vugar-Naib

Vugar-Naib

Hi every one!
    I have question about сolorize texture using effects like tritone in after effects by tweaking shadows, midtones and highlights. This would help to diversify the game on the basis of a one texture or animated atlas.
    See image! Is it possible to Unity?
    PS. sorry for my english

Attached Files:

2. vakabaka

vakabaka

sprite renderer -> color ?
    and from script something like: GetComponent<SpriteRenderer>().color = Color.blue;

3. Vugar-Naib

Vugar-Naib

I was expecting so too, but experience has shown that in such a case I lose the highlights colors.
    Possible that a C# is out to make, but the algorithm is more complicated than just appeal to the RGB channels.
    Thank you for participating! =)
    See image!

Attached Files:

4. Vugar-Naib

Vugar-Naib

Actually we not should get SpriteRenderer>().color data. We should get the image pixels RGB channel data for subsequent modification! And the main question is whether it is possible in C#???

5. tedthebug

tedthebug

6. Vugar-Naib

Vugar-Naib

I looked at the video tutorials on this link, but it unfortunately does not have a solution my question.
    Any ideas on this subject?
    Thank you in advance!

7. keely

keely

It is possible to get and set the pixels of a Texture2D asset in Unity via scripting. See the API in http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Texture2D.html

There is a lot of color grading tools available in Asset Store. Unfortunately it seems that most of them are meant for real-time grading and not to bake results for a single texture/atlas offline. Some info here http://blogs.unity3d.com/2015/05/12/color-grading-with-unity-and-the-asset-store/

It is pretty easy to open an image into 3rd party editor like Photoshop and tweak the colors. After saving, the texture in Unity editor automatically reimports and you can immediately see the results.

8. Vugar-Naib

Vugar-Naib

Thank you Keely! Really useful links. I hope this will help our programmer.
    Yes, this option is also considered. And on this subject I will create a new topic!