Search Unity

2D Atmospheric Scattering

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by aubergine, Aug 1, 2014.

1. aubergine

aubergine

Here i have a very fast and small atmospheric scattering effect which works in 2d uv space (obviously good for 2d game backgrounds). Its without any media, very customizable and very small in size.

I am thinking of putting it up to assetstore, what would you think the price range should be?

2. dojoman

dojoman

This is always a fundamental question, isn't it? I would propose to consider the effort (man days) firstly, and maybe a small discount you would feel good with. Later on, you could include more features and increase the price range accordingly.

3. sledgeman

sledgeman

Are there also night cycles available ? Stars, Moon, Milkyway and so on...

4. aubergine

aubergine

Currently it doesnt use any textures but just maths in a shader.
    But I can add those extra features as a layer system such as clouds, stars, moon...etc (You can also add it yourself though)

Right now, its just a 2D and much faster version of my Atmospheric Scattering effect for Planetary Terrain.

5. sledgeman

sledgeman

ah ok. Thought maybe stars or similar things could be procedural. But i think it can be placed manually as a bitmap, right ?

6. aubergine

aubergine

Often times, its much faster to use textures rather than expensive maths.

7. aubergine

aubergine

I am submitting the package to the assetstore today with the price of 5$ (as compiled shader)
    Those who want the source, you can buy directly from me (price is negotiable)