Hi all. Following on from last week's pre-announcement in the gossip thread, I am just ever so pleased as punch to announce to you all that the Unity dialogue Engine is now ready...
The very nature of it means it can always be expanded and it will never ever be completely finished, but a working version is now available so now I can start working on the updates Yeay!
From the website:
Features and uses include:The Unity Dialogue Editor gives Unity game developers an easy to use method of adding dialogue to their games but also offers so very much more...
First and foremost, the UDE was designed to be flexible. When I started working on the UDE I had two main concerns:
Getting dialogue into my games and
Never having to do it all over again for my next games...
I then proceeded to build an entire dialogue system with no graphical interface at all, but with enough exposed values to add one with virtually no effort at all. The result was a dialogue system that is so easy to use that progression through the dialogue from beginning to end could require as few as only one single function to be called and yet it can be displayed in any way imaginable... literally...
1. Remember past interactions with characters and display different dialogue based on past interactions.
2. Add simple dialogue to NPC characters
3. Describe any item in the game (i.e. Look At)
4. Display different info for Inspection, Interaction, Speak to etc etc etc
5. Display errors on screen when the player tries to do something they shouldn't do (Like trying to enter a locked room)
6. Initiate pickups
7. Includes an inventory system
8. Interact with the game from within the dialogue
9. Dialogue is aware of past actions in the game
The engine sells for $100 and includes:
1. The Unity Dialogue Engine script (crDialogue.js)
2. 4 sample interfaces to teach you the ropes
3. A graphical dialogue editor
4. Detailed documentation (you will clearly see that I like to speak... :P)
5. Free Bonus
Check it out at
I already have a feature request or two that I am working on for the first update. Please feel free to contact me with your thoughts and views, yeah?