Search Unity

collision detection tutorial?

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by tomcat, Jul 20, 2009.

1. tomcat

tomcat

Sorry if I am posting in the wrong forum as I dont know what is correct forum for this and getting so frustrated with collision detection :( . Does anybody know if there is a collision detection tutorial covering rigid bodies andcolliders without rigid bodies?

If I am posting to the wrong forum, please advise where I should post this.

thanks
    tomcat

2. Cu3e

Cu3e

3. tomcat

tomcat

Thanks. May be the matrix is helpful. I have an emptygame object (with a sphere collider) which is moving and want to detect collision with a static cube (which has a box collider and is rigide body). But I never get a collision (I use OnCollisionEnter to see if anything happens). If I make the emptyobject a rigidbody, it moves very very slowly so I removed it.

tomcat

4. tomcat

tomcat

Ok, using a combination of Mtrix and some experimentation I managed to solve it. Thanks for your help.

tomcat

5. castelock

castelock

It had been great, if you had written, how you got detect the collision, because I have a similar problem :(

6. konkol

konkol

You have to have rigidbody on MOVING object ( and collider too ). You may want to check all FreezePosition/FreezeRotation fields under Constraints section of rigidbody to avoid automatic movement modifications.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  7. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming

Check out my spaceshooter series. I go over OnTriggerEnter.

Private message me for specific questions with what you're trying todo and I can provide you with an example.

Best,

Jon