Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

collision detection tutorial?

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by tomcat, Jul 20, 2009.

1. tomcat

tomcat

Sorry if I am posting in the wrong forum as I dont know what is correct forum for this and getting so frustrated with collision detection :( . Does anybody know if there is a collision detection tutorial covering rigid bodies andcolliders without rigid bodies?

If I am posting to the wrong forum, please advise where I should post this.

thanks
    tomcat

2. Cu3e

Cu3e

3. tomcat

tomcat

Thanks. May be the matrix is helpful. I have an emptygame object (with a sphere collider) which is moving and want to detect collision with a static cube (which has a box collider and is rigide body). But I never get a collision (I use OnCollisionEnter to see if anything happens). If I make the emptyobject a rigidbody, it moves very very slowly so I removed it.

tomcat

4. tomcat

tomcat

Ok, using a combination of Mtrix and some experimentation I managed to solve it. Thanks for your help.

tomcat

5. castelock

castelock

It had been great, if you had written, how you got detect the collision, because I have a similar problem :(

6. konkol

konkol

You have to have rigidbody on MOVING object ( and collider too ). You may want to check all FreezePosition/FreezeRotation fields under Constraints section of rigidbody to avoid automatic movement modifications.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  7. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming

Check out my spaceshooter series. I go over OnTriggerEnter.

Private message me for specific questions with what you're trying todo and I can provide you with an example.

Best,

Jon