Search Unity

Font import problem

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by Hypnos, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Hypnos

Hypnos

Hi,
    I was testing custom fonts on the Lerpz Tutorial but I had a problem when I tried to use a custom font in the GUISkin.

This problem appears: The font Assets/GUI/FLUORIDE.TTF could not be imported because it couldn't be read

I've tried with Windows Fonts (Arial, Comic Sans) and another custom fonts but I had the same problem.

Any ideas to resolve this?
    Thx for the help =)

2. Hypnos

Hypnos

Oh, I forgot that.
    This problem is occouring in my machine but in other PC's, the fonts are been imported with no problems =/

3. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Do you get the same error if you use the same fonts but copied over from another machine? Are the font files you're using have some sort of permissions setting on them causing these issues? It's a strange error that I've not encountered before so pardon the "I don't know, let me ask questions" response. :)

4. Hypnos

Hypnos

I solved it!
    The problem was that the font texture was not generated.

The solution is here in P.P.S. section =)

5. Hagane

Hagane

Hey,
    I have the same problem and i don't find your P.P.S section. Can you explain what is it ?

6. Loki79

Loki79

Hi! I had the same issue! I solved it by changing the root project folder name from "Producción" to "Produccion" (Spanish languaje) The problem was caused by the accent mark of the project name! Hope it helps you somehow ;-)

7. balakademi

balakademi

i also solved with changing root project folder name. Thanks @Loki79

8. Be4v1s

Be4v1s

Same thing here! I solved it changing one folder named "Programação" to "Programacao" that was in the middle of the path. Not directly the project folder but still affecting. Hope this helps other too!