Search Unity

Is anyone else having problems submitting to the AssetStore this Morning?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by JohnRossitter, Apr 29, 2014.

1. JohnRossitter

JohnRossitter

I was in the middle of uploading a package update and got disconnected.
    Now I'm unable to even sign-in to the "Asset Store Tools/Package Manager". I sign in and it just keeps making me sign-in over and over.

Anyone else?

2. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

Using the Asset Store/Publisher Login site, I'm getting a "No Access - You are not registered as an Asset Store Publisher." message.

I have to say, it's little frightening. :)

3. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

Yes, I think, everyone have it.

4. chronos78

chronos78

Same problem here.

5. JohnRossitter

JohnRossitter

Lovely,

It's a good thing they have some failsafe system built in.

6. JohnRossitter

JohnRossitter

Looks like it's working for now, how strange

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

I could not get in my publisher account in the site or from Unity a few minutes ago too, but now is fine

probably a downtime for the authentication server

8. jerotas

jerotas

I'm in. But I see 2 changes that I don't like at all.

1) My Stuff section is GONE. Where do I go to download / rate things?
    2) The total number of reviews next to an asset's star rating is gone, and only actual text reviews remain. Terrible, terrible. That negates our huge (50 reviews) rating advantage over our nearest competitor since they have about the same number of text reviews as we do.

I've sent an email to Caitlyn and Kamio asking about these.

9. chingwa

chingwa

I've noticed these changes too and I have to say they are not welcome changes. The number of ratings is pretty important considering the ratio of people who take the time to write text reviews is vastly smaller than the number of people who only do star ratings. having a 5 star rating with only 2 reviews says something a lot different than a 5 star rating with 80 reviews. I don't understand the reasoning behind this change as it taking away this information doesn't help the buyer or the seller.

I do understand a few reasons for limiting the initial text reviews to just 3 (loading time, relevancy)... though I didn't notice at first and I just thought most of my reviews had inexplicably disappeared, so perhaps this could be made a bit more clear...

and yeah... where is "My Stuff"???

Also, can we PLEASE get some kind of notification system that emails us when we get new reviews? (it's only 2014)

10. jerotas

jerotas

The Asset Store folks emailed me back and it sounds like these changes are not intentional. They're working on restoring these two.

11. chingwa

chingwa

Ah good! Let's hope it gets worked out soon. But I still want email notifications. :)

12. jerotas

jerotas

I agree. And people who leave reviews should be notified via email when the plugin author responds to their review as well. In case they left a question or false information there and it gets clarified.

13. chingwa

chingwa

Looks like the count is back now, just waiting for "my stuff".

14. TonyLi

TonyLi

I just want to put it out there that I like the Asset Store update. Lots of nice new touches. Thanks, Unity!

I'd also like the Asset Store to provide built-in email notification of new reviews. In the meantime, for any publishers who might not be aware of it, you can receive RSS notifications. yahodahan wrote a good set of instructions for setting up RSS and IFTTT to receive email notifications: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/22...otification-when-your-asset-gets-a-new-review!

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  15. jerotas

jerotas

Awesome Tony, thanks for the link!

By the way, I think the "3 most helpful reviews" think isn't truly what it says it is. I sent the following email to Kamio and Caitlyn just now. Anyone else agree or disagree?
    ----------------
    I think the algorithm for determining the 3 "most helpful reviews" isn't quite right. Here's why.

DF-GUI is showing 3 reviews all with only 6/6 helpful ratings. However if you show all ratings, there's one that 28/30 people found helpful. Obviously the *percentage* of people that found it helpful vs not helpful is lower, but there's a much higher number of people that found it helpful versus the 3 reviews that are shown by default. So I think that "helpful number" needs to factor in and not be just straight percentage, don't you? Invariably, when there are 20 helpful / not helpful votes on a single review, *someone* will vote not helpful and then the vastly more helpful comment gets lost.

Maybe as long as the helpful votes divided by total votes is over 80% (or some other number), just count the number of "helpful" votes and use that number alone, ranking helpfulness by it?