Search Unity

Asteroid Buster Reboot - Android OS Space Shooter!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by MD_Reptile, Apr 25, 2014.

1. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Hey guys, I just released a whole new branch from my old space shooter for android, this time with many many improvements and fixes. I hope to generate a little buzz, and where better than the unity community to do it!

If you have a few moments, download and review my game!!!

Asteroid Buster Free Version - Android Apps on Google Play
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.NinjeticStudios.AsteroidBusterReboot

Thanks for your time! and post back about your thoughts! Have an idea for an improvement? Cool lemme know I'll do my best to add it in the very next update!

2. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Hey guys, posted a major update to the game, now online high scores are handled with play games services leaderboards. I added achievements, and did some fixes, so now (if you haven't already :D ) go and download a copy and see if you can top my high scores :p

3. justicar

justicar

Hey, generally good, but I think it could use a little tweaking. Are you using gyro or accelerometer for tilt controls? Regardless, it would be good if you added both calibration and sensitivity features for it. On pure tilt control I found it to be unplayable. The ship zoomed away the instant the game started (axis not zeroed) and had extreme angles the device had to be tilted (no sensitive enough). Pure tilt was unplayable. Touch was also difficult. You can't rotate without zooming off, and frequently you can't see yourself because the virtual stick is fixed. Maybe have stuck placement be dynamic? It's placed wherever you touch. Button (button thrust, tilt rotate) seemed to be the most payable, but tilt rotate was not sensitive enough. I always recommend Venan Arcade's Space Miner for touch controls for this style of game.

Everything else was pretty nice. Hero ship could be spruced up, but it's usable.

Fix the controls and it's happily pay a buck for a good Asteroids game.