Search Unity

Animation Figures?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calmcarrots, Apr 23, 2014.

1. calmcarrots

calmcarrots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwsTo4LQoGg

Where can I buy one of these? I understand there are different companies making the same thing but I would like to know if I should buy something like this. I am a programmer but I also know a little blender, so something like this will really help out with my animations. What other products are there similar to this? Thanks

2. goat

goat

I think you'd have better luck on google than asking us. After all we didn't even find the video you linked here to.

3. calmcarrots

calmcarrots

4. sicga123

sicga123

There was a kickstarter last year for a poseable figure https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/451963128/armature-nine-can-it-go-retail
    but not exactly digital (i.e. not digital at all). There is a mecanim kit which will setup a blender figure into a mecanim rig. You should check the forums, it is not available in the asset store but I did purchase it from the guy. By using a mecanim rig with a blender model you can map all the mecanim animations to it. Alternatively you could use Mocap data. There is a free Mocap library available as a resource from one of the US universities or you could use the Mocap data available free on the asset store. There is also a Mocap capture device on the store. You could use DAZ figures and setup animations for them and then use MegaDaz to bring them into Unity but that would mean reducing poly counts on the Daz model and buying the game kit which is not cheap. I did see a similar device to the one you link to last year but can't recall where. In all likelihood you can probably find it by joining a couple of 3D model and animations forums and asking there.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014