Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas for new game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TopNub, Apr 23, 2014.

1. TopNub

TopNub

Greetings,members of unity3d. I think about it a lot and did not have any idea what game I want to do. Yeah I want to be a multiplayer,third or first person(still confused).Please help me to decide by giving me ideas for multiplayer game.

Best Regards,
    Top Nub!

2. Kend

Kend

zombies, warriors, dragons, aliens, ninjas, wizards, soldiers, sports and more and more.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  3. smd863

smd863

Hide the chicken.

4. TheRaider

TheRaider

First person/third person multiplayer flappy birds

5. Slyder

Slyder

Come up with a theme first or a general core for the game to revolve around.

How about for your first game...you make something like simple competitive Multiplayer Rocket Arena deathmatch? Later you can add Parkour elements, Power ups, and different types of Rocket launchers...and whatever else you can think up.

or along the way you'll think of something else and you can take the experience into a new project.

6. JovanD

JovanD

^This

7. TopNub

TopNub

Thanks all for the ideas.Actually I may have to try what I was thinking about..I was thinking about a game like prototype..(of course Activision won't let me create one like it.) Fight between two sides.One side with one powers,other side with others and so on....

8. sootie8

sootie8

I was just thinking about this yesterday.

9. CarterG81

CarterG81

Get inspiration from what you love.

Other video games.

Board games.

Card games.

Books.

Movies.

Television Shows.

Short Stories.

Roleplaying Games.

Grab a theme you like. For example, my favorite theme is Survival. Whether that is The Walking Dead surviving a zombie apocalypse, surviving in the wilderness and fighting weather, surviving in a crazy strange new world ala Dont Starve, or surviving alone on a desert island ala Cast Away or Robinson Crusoe..

If I took you seriously, I'd give you a hundred good ideas for games. Yet if you aren't able to come up with an idea for a video game, I have serious doubts you are capable of designing it well enough to see it through to becoming a quality game worthy of dev time. Sorry, I am just being honest. It takes a lot of thought and a high quality "ideas guy" to design a game into something tangible without making it utter crap or a clone or something else.

Maybe you would be better served helping join someone else's project.

A project you are interested in. Have someone else be the ideas guy (and more) while you fill in a required role (usually programmer or artist).

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  10. MaxieQ

MaxieQ

So Slenderman's Candy Flappy Bird is out-of-line then?

11. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

I'll give the same answer I always give:
    Monkeys/Apes + Steampunk + Rocket Launchers.

Genre or mechanic doesn't matter. Make that game and you have at least one customer.

12. Meltdown

Meltdown

Crappy Bird.

13. orbobservation

orbobservation

Maybe...it's a wile idea, but it just might work... I see a line of beautiful girls dressed as storm troopers, each one a gem. With leather boots and whips on their hips, it's risque, dare I say, S M! I see German soldiers dancing through France, played by chorus boys in very tight pants. And wait, there's more - they win the war! And the dances they do will be daring and new! Turn-turn-kick-turn, turn-turn-kick-turn, one-two-three-kick-turn! Okay, back to reality- Wolfenstein : The Musical, get some kind of dance motion tracking in there.

14. CarterG81

CarterG81

lol +1 for 'Back to Reality- Wolfenstein: The Musical"

15. MarkrosoftGames

MarkrosoftGames

where are all the idea guys now huh?

16. CarterG81

CarterG81

I assume they're working on their own games, since their ideas fuel their drive :p