Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

RTS/Dota Engine: Z-Saga

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by smilefr, Apr 23, 2014.

1. smilefr

smilefr

Hey guys!

After months of works the Alpha version of my project is finally complete!

Here is a Video:

Here is an other video (low fps for some reasons): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7NgSAtVVjI

If you want to try the game you can dowload it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/p55wg5u55l0281g/Z-Saga.zip

Let me know if you would like to use the Map Editor, as it is not very user friendly i plan on doing maps myself.

I am still looking for a good concept, as the Dota map is more of a showcase map, I'll make a tower defense map aswell. (The build skill is already complete).

A few technical aspects:

- Uses my own GUI system.
    - Uses my own collision system.
    - The pathfinder is a simple A* i made.
    - The fog and terrain system are mine too.

If you have any questions feel free to ask them.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  2. violinbg

violinbg

Looks great and graphics look very nice.
    One thing I noticed is that when I click the mouse and drag I always get a green selection box - even on the main menu. It shows when I drag on the mini map too.

I'd love to see a video or some screenshots of your editor. :)

3. smilefr

smilefr

Hey, thank you for the feedback,

I uploaded a quick demo video of the editor:

4. violinbg

violinbg

Thanks for the video. I like how you add the smaller trees around the taller ones :)
    I'm writing a class for a similar terrain myself.

5. Elitis

Elitis

Very nice! Could you PM me the map editor so I can make some maps?

Also are you going to maintain this project? I mean you MMORPG looked really nice, but you never released :/

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/195707-Project-B4-Fantasy-MMORPG

Also all those flash mmo you made where really nice, but you never maintained them also..

6. smilefr

smilefr

Maintaining an MMO is a very time consuming experience, as I do not have the free time I used to have when i developped these games I will focus on developing games thats are less depending on Assets to be playable.

I plan on reworking the core systeme of my MMO project to make terrains procedurally generated.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  7. sandboxgod

sandboxgod

I really dig the gameplay vid

8. Elitis

Elitis

Ok lets talk about your other games

First of all your flash mmo, Akalunuia Chronicles

This game was so good, it was one of the best flash games I played, it was made so well, and I loved it, but then you took it down, even though it had so much potential. Sure you had lack of designers, but thats what advertisment is for, you couldve easily got flash artists, if you did it right, as I have my own Flash MMO, and most of my artists are volunteers, who help because they want to see their designs ingame

Then you Unity MOBA Agile Heroes

This game was amazing, it was a LoL clone which worked in your browser, had amazing potential but then you stopped working on it before it actually grew a fan base... you basically killed it off , if you had just maintained it you couldve made money (However Z Saga seems to have continued off from it, so It isnt really fail project)

Then your Android App Lost Legacy

This actually seemed pretty awesome, however I dont understan why you never released it? A Google Play account isnt expensive, and you could've released it on there, then once people knew about it, you could've marketed it to make money, it was an easy app which was good and would've made you money

Then your Unity MMORPG Project B4

I can 100 percent guarantee if you released a playable version of this game people would've played, as its just awesome, and as its unity you couldve made it browser based, I mean you couldve used adsense to make money, yet you stopeed the project, so one again it was a project which had potential but you killed off..

Then there were all these other flash games you made, but then closed, like the tank one, Eden chronicles and Leviathan Chronicles etc. Its just frustrating to see you make good games which go to waste, I mean people offered to help you or even buy your source once you scrapped the project so they could maintain it, and pay you a license fee, from the money they would make off you engine monthly. I really could have done alot with your flash mmo, as it was so unique and amazing...

Z Saga

Your latest game.. I really hope you actually maintain this, and it doesnt turn out like your other games :/

9. sandboxgod

sandboxgod

Wow those 'look' like a LOT of very fun games that's unfortunate none of those were completed. I still subbed the channel

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  10. Elitis

Elitis

Do you still have any of your Flash MMO or Android app sources?

11. Elitis

Elitis

and once again he dissapears... and we wont hear from him until a few months later, and he has another game idea lol

12. TrentNaylor

TrentNaylor

Would love to see a fully fledged MOBA engine completed. We did a MOBA in Unity for our college major project, alot of work but alot of fun. Hope something comes of this!

13. Elitis

Elitis

well this died...

14. geralex

geralex

Hello. Interested in buying the source code of the project. You sell it (Z-Saga Dota Engine)?