Search Unity

OnCollision2D stopped working

Discussion in '2D' started by dorpeleg, Apr 23, 2014.

1. dorpeleg

dorpeleg

Hello community,

I've asked this question in unity answers and got no replay yet (link), so I decide To try here.

I have a weird issue with OnCollision2D.
    I've setup my player with a 2D collider, I've also setup the ground he is walking on with a 2D collider.
    The player also has a 2D rigidbody on it, the ground does not.
    The player script (attached to the player) has 2 OnCollision2D methods, OnCollisionStay2D and OnCollisionExit2D.
    The player also has an animator that animates its sprite.
    At that point, everything is working fine, both OnCollision2D methods are being called.
    Then, I added another animation to the character.
    In that animation, I'm also animating the colliders (changing their shape and size).
    As soon as I added this new animation, both of the OnCollision2D methods stopped working, even before I'm calling the new animation.
    If I disable the Animator component on the player, then the methods are working again.

Any ideas?

2. Pyrian

Pyrian

Hmm, I animate colliders all the time without issue. Are you applying root motion? Are you rotating child colliders with a negative scale?

3. dorpeleg

dorpeleg

I'm not applying root motion and I'm not rotating anything, just changing center and scale of a collider.

I'm not even sure if animating the collider is the issue, I just now this accord approx the same time I added it.

The weird thing is, The methods just don't work, even if I haven't played the animation yet.

4. twoski

twoski

this seems like a common issue, i noticed collision hooks stopped working properly when i added animations to my entity.

5. Pyrian

Pyrian

Did you set the Rigidbody2D to kinematic? It seems that colliders don't work unless at least one of them is associated with a Rigidbody2D that is NOT kinematic.

6. dorpeleg

dorpeleg

Non of the rigidbodys is kinematic.
    The collsion is working fine, the colliders are colliding each other, its just the methods that don't run.