Search Unity

Splitscreen + Listen server.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Nemox, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Nemox

Nemox

I understand some of the basics of hosting a server, and I've done splitscreen before. I've learned of the term "listen server" recently, and it's exactly what I'm trying to make. I want to make a simple 4-player splitscreen game that can take in other splitscreen clients.

What I'm confused about is what exactly makes a good Player object that I can actually synchronize on a server. Does anyone have any advice on what sort of object I should create? Monobehaviour? ScriptableObject? What makes the most sense here?

2. fholm

fholm

3. Nemox

Nemox

4. fholm

fholm

The tutorial is pretty good, especially for a beginner. Photon Cloud is easy to work with. It's a good place to start even if it might not fit you in the end (or it may, i don' t know), it will teach you the basics :)

5. Nemox

Nemox

Just checked it out, and it indeed looks really useful.

Unfortunately it doesn't help with this design concept I'm working on; at least I don't think it does. I still need a way of keeping track of all players belonging to all clients, but still with the ability to discern which players are the local players on each client or on the server. @_@