Search Unity

Train Control - Manage ridiculous train traffic :-)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by genail, Apr 22, 2014.

1. genail

genail

Hey developers!

I'm proud to introduce first game created by Mad Pixel Machine studio (in fact this is me, and one person who is responsible for sounds, testing and other stuff). Let me present you... Train Control!

Train control is a simple train traffic game, where you need to click on switches and semaphores to make the train go whenever you want. Anyway what we want to create is something that will be fun, fun, and fun!

We don't want to ignore any type of players, so in most levels you will be able to complete them without any special skills, but to get all the rewards you will have to struggle a little.

Link to the game (yes, I've made a web page! Yeah!) is right below. You can find there instructions and please let me know what do you think. Feedback is really appreciated!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  2. SmellyDogs

SmellyDogs

I love trains so good job.

3. carking1996

carking1996

Trains are cool. Looks good.

4. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

Really cool. This game is perfect to play on smartphones. What are your expectations?

5. Synapse11

Synapse11

I would like to see them crash though...

6. genail

genail

Thank you for your opinions. Please feel free to speak also about the things that you don't like ;-)

Yes, smartphones and tablets are the main target, but I learned that this kind of game can be distributed freely with ads on some web pages with (mostly flash) games. Still I want to advertise the mobile version in it, because I am sure that the very best experience you will get only when playing on toilet. It's true!

What do you mean by expectations?

In very first playable version they were crashing. This was awful ;-)
    Maybe if I manage to release the first version I will work on update with new features. You know, more stuff, extra challenges, and crashes!

7. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

As awful as it sounds that what I would probably do too. Even if that means losing the game.

8. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

I mean if you'll sell the game, upload it free with ads and/or with paid content.

I think that it would be so annoying :-? That would slow down the flow of the game.

Totally agree :mrgreen:

9. genail

genail

Hey! Here's the update! We've been working on mechanics, graphics, and we've even created a teaser! Just check this out!

For the curious here's the differences gallery :)

10. genail

genail

Also I want to give credits to QuickBrush. it helped us a lot with placing so many small game objects on our scenes.

11. genail

genail

Here's a timelapse of me creating a level. I think it is interesting enough to put it here.

And what's more the demo has been updated! You can play it here! http://traincontrol.madpixelmachine.com/

I'm warning you! It has quite a few bugs ;-)