Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Setting Sub Mesh UV's

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by ValrikRobot, Apr 22, 2014.

1. ValrikRobot

ValrikRobot

Im writing a script to create a mesh via script using submesh. What i don't understand is g=how to set the UV's in the same way. There is no SetUV's like there is for triangles etc

2. ValrikRobot

ValrikRobot

OK that problem is solved. New problem though, submeshes arent showing up in the scene

3. ValrikRobot

ValrikRobot

4. JD3D

JD3D

How did you solve the issue of the submeshes not showing up? I am having an issue with combining meshes into one single mesh. One mesh has two submeshes and one of the mesh just has one. When I combine them, I get the first submesh of the first mesh and the mesh of the second object, but the second submesh disappears. The instance mesh shows 3 submeshes and has the same vertix count as both separate meshes have in total, so it has to be there somewhere. I am using CombineInstance method to do so.

5. ValrikRobot

ValrikRobot

In my case, the issue was to do with materials. The number of materials assigned in the Mesh Renderer didn't match the number of submeshes. Once i changed my script to assign the materials as well, problem solved.

I havn't yet used the CombineInstance method yet, though in the next part of my project it will be quite necessary i do.

6. JD3D

JD3D

Ah yeah I had that problem early on. I am trying to combine skinned meshed renderers.
    Combine Instance works well overall and my script was working correctly earlier today, but I added in some optimization and now I am getting this problem. Reverting back to my old code isn't working either, so I am lost on how to fix this.

7. ValrikRobot

ValrikRobot

AH i see. I'm afraid i have never tried scripting meshes for skinned meshes. Really you should start a new thread with this query, here or on Answers. The guys here are awesome and i have no doubt someone here will be able to assist you in this.