Search Unity

OpenConvo: Open source conversation framework for Unity

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by mrzapp, Apr 21, 2014.

1. mrzapp

mrzapp

Open source conversation framework for Unity

LATEST RELEASE

Documentation
    Issue tracker
    Example project
    GitHub repo

What's this?
    It's a node based conversation framework allowing for complex conversation trees, flags, quests and game events.

Participate
    • You are very welcome to make feature requests and error reports.
    • I happily add collaborators on GitHub, so don't be shy.

Web demo
    Dont' feel bad for Jens the horse. He had it coming.

Editor
    The editor has gone through more iterations than I can count, and this is the paradigm I am sticking with. You change the node structure in the editor on the left and set node properties in the inspector on the right.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    SememeS likes this.
  2. Eric2241

Eric2241

Looks nice!

3. mrzapp

mrzapp

Thanks! If you'd like to try it out, I'd be very happy for some feedback, maybe a missing feature, a bug or just any opinion, really. It helps getting these things going.

4. CorrodedZoul

CorrodedZoul

Thanks for this, and for all you're awesome contributions, you are a fine gentlemen and a scholar :)

5. SememeS

SememeS

I just found out about all your open Tools; OpenEd OpenConvo OpenGui OpenStash OpenPath..

This is amazing @mrzapp ! Truly amazing. Yes, thank you for these incredible contributions.

I'm going to start testing everything this week.

6. mrzapp

mrzapp

@CorrodedZoul: Thanks, such a kind comment! :)

@SememeS: Oh hey, thanks buddy. Some of these repos need a bit of updating, as I am developing them with my own game project and there has been little activity on these threads, and I figured nobody was interested. Please do let me know if you have any ideas for features to add or bugs to fix.

7. IndieScapeGames

IndieScapeGames

@mrzapp, will you be opening the source for the community? I went to the GitHub site but did not see an option to download the source to add to the source code.

I think playing a sound effect such as a recorded voice would add a lot when you first begin a conversation. So click the blue dude to begin a conversation and that's when the sound would play even if it is just a voice actor reading the text from the first bubble.

8. mrzapp

mrzapp

Yeah, that is supported in the latest revision. I'm sorry the GitHub code and documentation is not up to date, I am currently moving and have a lot on my plate. You can just download the release though, and the code will be right there. Nothing that I wrote is precompiled.

EDIT:
    The source code is under /OpenConvo/Assets/

9. mrzapp

mrzapp

UPDATE

The next version 0.6.1 is up, with a new example and a new editor resembling the one from The Vongott Chronicles.
    Audio is supported, but not yet part of the example. I just need to do some quick text-to-speech .mp3 files, so it'll be in there soon.

EDIT:
    Audio now added to example