Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials Kings game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by khos85, Apr 21, 2014.

1. khos85

khos85

Hi,

I making a trial bike game called "Trials Kings", a trial bike game but this is of the pedalling variety so nothing like the motorbike type (seem to be a couple of those around), check a youtube video of what it looks like now:

It has been a bit of a challenge/learning curve to get the Blender animations working so far, but I am starting to get the hang it I think.
    I still want to figure out how to make gravity pull the bike down faster, currently it seems to be a bit "floaty".

Comments would be most welcome.
    Cheers,

2. Nicolas-Liatti

Nicolas-Liatti

There are several solutions for gravity, depending on how works your game:
    - change the global gravity of the projects in the projects settings
    - create your custom gravity: when the bike is in the air change the velocity of the bike on the y axis

Cheers,

3. khos85

khos85

Hi, thanks for the info, If Change gravity, then I'll need to change addforces etc too right on objects, to i.e lift a wheel up?

4. Nicolas-Liatti

Nicolas-Liatti

I think so. It's at least worth a try to see if this helps.
    In my projects I simply changed the velocity on the specific object when it's in the air and it works perfectly.
    For example "velocity.y -= 30.0f * Time.deltaTime;"

5. khos85

khos85

Thanks for the tip, have you got any ideas how I can test if the object is in the air?

6. Nicolas-Liatti

Nicolas-Liatti

There are several ways. An easy one is to launch a ray on the y axis from the bottom of the bike, and check when it touches something. If the distance between the bottom of the bike and the point is small (f.e. < 0.1f), then it means you are on the ground. If it's bigger, you are in the air.

7. khos85

khos85

Cool, that seems to help, thanks very much, I think I managed to get it working better now.