Search Unity

Hinge joint issue?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by recon0303, Apr 20, 2014.

1. recon0303

recon0303

I have a grapple system I been making for a school project it works great with one point. Now when I make a prefab of this grapplePoint then it does not connect to the body of the point made.

I used a tag for the player to connect to and raycast to find the gameObject. Now this works great, when I make a prefab of this , it can find it but it will not connect to the body of the hinge joint. I get no errrors, it goes through the process, but it just does not connect.

I was wondering if anyone knows if I'm missing anything here with prefabs and joints. I don't think its code related, since it works great, unless I'm missing something with prefabs and joints. I have not used 4.3 that much until lately since my school upgraded. I'm using non 2d. joints..

Thanks in advance, I have this for a final project for a class, so any information would be great. I never posted before, never needed to, so sorry if I'm lacking any information, I will add anything that is needed to find this problem out.