Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of multiplayer is minecraft?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Ventro, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Ventro

Ventro

I personally don't like mine craft but I do find how players can host servers make it easier for the developer at least. Basically I just want to know if anybody could point me to the right place regarding how to setup multiplayers that allows players to host servers instead of me hosting one big server. And I don't mean hosting local rooms I mean actual servers. Meaning the only server I would be hosting would be the login server. I found this link about the servers they use actually. http://xpaw.ru/mcstatus/

2. fholm

fholm

What you are looking for is called Dedicated Server (a server where the server itself doesn't play) or a Listen Server (a server where the server also plays), they can both be hosted by players.

3. Dudecjl2

Dudecjl2

That would take for ever..... just do 1 to start if it gets popular make a few more

4. Uncasid

Uncasid

To add to this, you will need a listing server if you want users to be able to browse available servers. The listing server will just maintain a list of servers that player servers register with. Users will query this server to get a list.