Search Unity

Age limit to selling developed games?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darwin Mecharov, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Darwin Mecharov

Darwin Mecharov

I just want to know if you have to be at a certain age to be selling games for a certain price. Do I have to be guided by a parent or an adult? Because I'm just 13 years old.

2. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

I believe you have to be a legal adult (may vary depending on area) or do it under your parents permission. You need to be able to sign contracts, and typically you need to be of majority age for them to be binding. If you are selling on the app store or places like that, I am pretty sure you have to be an adult to publish. Check the terms with where you will be publishing.

3. sootie8

sootie8

I believe there is no minimum age for developing for android, or attaining a developer account. The only requirement is to be able to pay the $25 fee via a credit card / paypal. As far as owning a business it depends where you are.

4. landon912

landon912

+1 For any contract you sign you'll need an adult to co-sign as underage contracts are voidable until you reach 18. This means that if you fail to uphold the contract the co-signer will have to follow through for you. Usually you would get a parent to be the co-signer.

This is all under the assumption that you're under American jurisdiction.

5. orbobservation

orbobservation

Many years ago I started my business at 13 in a partnership with my father, was providing textures/models to studios worldwide- started working on/releasing games from 15. I don't think my age was ever brought up as an issue, but I'm 26 now- things may have changed.